Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is this that bad a thing to say? Someone's asked him the question and he's answered.

He believes in his ability and is telling the truth that he's never gonna get called up while he plays for a team towards the bottom of the table who don't keep the ball.

We can all think he's not good enough to be called up. But it's just the same thing as when people talk about how English players often are easier to overlook if they're not at big clubs.

A bit of loaded question to ask him. I think whoever asked it in the first place was taking the piss.

im very surprised he had the confidence/ delusion to think he could bet into 1 of the best & most iconic international teams. we are a factor as well. but he had to take the blame. for a team of that reputation, you have to be the star player, undroppable getting towards ndiaye levels that we saw last season

& we arent even sure if he's good enough for us long term nevermind brazil. if he is make excuses like this is what hes like in the changing room. its not my fault we lost despite going hiding in many of hidings we have had

Brazilian monty.
I speed-read that as ‘Brazilian monthly’ and thought yeah, now that’s a website I could get a subscription to….

Then the truth sank in, and a bit like the player in question, I was disappointed

However, looking at his passion on the field, and his interview after the Luton win I will give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was stating a fact and not slagging off his teammates - let’s be fair he’s not wrong

Hopefully Wilders given him a clip and told him he’s got some making up to do, misinterpreted or not

Long way off been an international, unless he has a Gibraltar born grandparent

Get rid I say, how many times has he gone sideways or back when Ollie McB makes a surging run in behind the defence or the super overlapping defenders provide a potential pass. Anyone would think that he always has 7 players behind him, 2 at the side and an immobile forward to play with. And don't get me started on how annoying he is given the tackling and tracking back from the rest to support him. Get rid, how dare he state the obvious, gerrit forrad I say.

Get rid I say, how many times has he gone sideways or back when Ollie McB makes a surging run in behind the defence or the super overlapping defenders provide a potential pass. Anyone would think that he always has 7 players behind him, 2 at the side and an immobile forward to play with. And don't get me started on how annoying he is given the tackling and tracking back from the rest to support him. Get rid, how dare he state the obvious, gerrit forrad I say.

I agree. Get rid.

He got asked do you stand a chance of getting in Brazils squad with a new manager coming in. He says no as we’re bottom of league and we never get a kick………….hes not telling fucking lies though is he 🤨

Yep, he is the problem.

Can't agree with that. He is not the problem...he is 'one' of the problems imo (one of many this season). For the money we paid and which hopefully we will get for him in the summer, I hope he goes. And yes I was aware that you was being sarcastic with your original post. I decided to agree with it though as I think he has been one of many who has been quite frankly awful this season though very occasionally he has looked better like Luton away.

Can't agree with that. He is one of the problems imo (one of many this season). For the money we paid and which hopefully we will get for him in the summer, I hope he goes. And yes I was aware that you was being sarcastic with your original post. I decided to agree with it though as I think he has been one of many who has been quite frankly awful this season though very occasionally he has looked better like Luton away.
Don't disagree with him being disappointing, but look at his teammates, and he cost £10m arsenal's right back, nearly £50m what do we expect, Rodri? Its not 2000. As Eza says he is stating the bloody obvious, we are crap at the moment, hopefully next seasons clearout sorts it, with him being here to try in a better team.

interviewer should have said but what about the two times in recent weeks where you passed the ball straight out of play when under no pressure.

Don't disagree with him being disappointing, but look at his teammates, and he cost £10m arsenal's right back, nearly £50m what do we expect, Rodri? Its not 2000. As Eza says he is stating the bloody obvious, we are crap at the moment, hopefully next seasons clearout sorts it, with him being here to try in a better team.

Agree to a point. But £10m (if we can get it if we were to sell him) is a lot of money in the Championship and goes a long way to paying signing on fees for free agents and wages for the better players who we can attract for that level. If money was a plenty next season I wouldn't be against Souza staying. But it will be a d I'd rather we had that money reinvested on the team in other ways. Out resources will be finite and we need to use it well. I'd rather have Hamer next season that VS who would probably be sulking for a lot of it. He doesn't want to be here and I think it shows. Nothing against the lad but I hope he moves on soon. Appreciate we can disagree on this though.

To be clear though, my thoughts have nothing to do with him saying anything in an interview. Just another sign he's angling for a move imo and good luck to him if it works for him.

Agree to a point. But £10m (if we can get it if we were to sell him) is a lot of money in the Championship and goes a long way to paying signing on fees for free agents and wages for the better players who we can attract for that level. If money was a plenty next season I wouldn't be against Souza staying. But it will be a d I'd rather we had that money reinvested on the team in other ways. Out resources will be finite and we need to use it well. I'd rather have Hamer next season that VS who would probably be sulking for a lot of it. He doesn't want to be here and I think it shows. Nothing against the lad but I hope he moves on soon. Appreciate we can disagree on this though.

To be clear though, my thoughts have nothing to do with him saying anything in an interview. Just another sign he's angling for a move imo and good luck to him if it works for him.
😀 we definitely agree on the last paragraph though 👍.

I think they were saying he had a good game
To be fair, I don’t know about on here but on Reddit there were a few saying we should build next season’s team around him?

I was a bit confused as:

1) He’s had some good games and there looks like there could be a player there, which is more than we can say for some we’ve brought in, but he’s been wildly inconsistent. He’s often mediocre and at times he’s looked terrible.

2) I doubt he’ll even be with us next season. If we can get any decent fee for him at all I imagine the Prince will want to cash in. Also, it doesn’t exactly sound like he’s determined to stay does it?

To be clear, I like Vini, but I think he is being a bit overrated by some, which is mad considering the season we’re having.

At times he’s looked alright in a dreadful team. That’s it. Bang average player at this level who won’t be here next season and won’t go on to achieve much greater than us.

He got asked do you stand a chance of getting in Brazils squad with a new manager coming in. He says no as we’re bottom of league and we never get a kick………….hes not telling fucking lies though is he 🤨
No he is not telling lies but he is no better and coming out with that comment does no good for team moral and after the public flare up on the pitch with his team mate the other week one wonders if it would be better for team bonding if he was not here . Lets be honest we have no player in our team who would be missed if they moved on apart from our loan player from Man city. No one is good enough to come out with such crap as to blame all his team mates and think he is the victim of the shortfalls of players around him .He to is part of the problem and should be told so because it sounds he has a big opinion of himself and should be told some home truths.

Back
Top Bottom