Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I grew up on a Brazil midfield of Socrates, Zico, Eder, Falcao, Batista, Junior etc.

Souza is a billion light years away from being anywhere close to this lads. Brazil have gone downhill in recent times, Souza still won't get close.

This dude is deluded, get rid.
He’s right that we can’t keep the ball.
Haven’t been able to string three or four passes together all season.
He’s personally coughed up possession on more than one occasion though.

To be fair, I don’t know about on here but on Reddit there were a few saying we should build next season’s team around him?

I was a bit confused as:

1) He’s had some good games and there looks like there could be a player there, which is more than we can say for some we’ve brought in, but he’s been wildly inconsistent. He’s often mediocre and at times he’s looked terrible.

2) I doubt he’ll even be with us next season. If we can get any decent fee for him at all I imagine the Prince will want to cash in. Also, it doesn’t exactly sound like he’s determined to stay does it?

To be clear, I like Vini, but I think he is being a bit overrated by some, which is mad considering the season we’re having.
A couple of weeks ago ( Luton) I thought yeah he looks the part, probably fetch a decent fee
Now I don't even want him near the team

Just in case he does play for Brazil, what's the Portuguese for 'Come Vini Souza, Join us in the boozer, We're 3-1 up'? And are Slade known about in the favelas of Rio De Janeiro?

To be fair he didn't say whether he meant the Brazilian men's or women's team.... quick op and Vicki Souza might just have a chance

If he’s as good as he thinks he is, then why doesn’t he roll his sleeves up and set an example, and be more vocal (arguments with Robinson aside).

His attempts to track back tell me all I need to know about his fit with us - get rid.

Often these interviews are totally misinterpreted, especially if the interview was to a Brazilian media outlet, when they put it out in English the context isnt translated the way it should be.

He's told the truth how it currently is, we dont play good football, not sure anyone can say we do.
We don't play any football, and he's one of the reasons why. He should worry about his next move wherever that is, they might want him to work a bit harder. Something he found hard to do with us.

He talks the talk, doesn’t walk the walk. He’ll now be as popular as a turd in a swimming pool in the dressing room. His own fault, no sympathy and shows what he thinks of us. Gobshite.

The interviewer that asked this question... why would you ask this lol? Just to take the piss?

I wonder if they were able to keep a straight face when he gave this answer? I'd have been laughing in his face for about 5 minutes minimum ! 🤣🤣🤣

It’s not wrong what he’s said.

We do turn the ball over like a hot potato.

Only fault I’ve got with that comment is that he is one of those that contribute to that.

Unless he goes to bed thinking “if it wasn’t for Gus Hamer, I’d be in the Brazil team by now!”

I have to say Souza is the worst Brazilian player I have ever seen. It's nowhere near good enough to be picked for the Brazilian squad.

Tbf I believe Hamer is also eligible for both Brazil & Netherlands having only represented Netherlands at U21 level. I think the interviewer has another interview to conduct here.

He got asked do you stand a chance of getting in Brazils squad with a new manager coming in. He says no as we’re bottom of league and we never get a kick………….hes not telling fucking lies though is he 🤨
The problem is him saying 'not because of me' - insinuating if he was playing for Burnley (a team who do try to keep the ball) he'd suddenly be in the Brazil squad..only he wouldn't becuase they've already got a norwiegan bloke who actually can keep and pass the ball...

Back
Top Bottom