VAR VAR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was.there quick penalty check at the end? The ref seemed to take a while to blow for full-time when the ball was out of play?
Potential handball- just that phrase gives me the shakes as it is a perfect opportunity for VAR to fix the result. It was all based on the melee trying to clear the last ball into our box and would have been right up there with the Lunny toenail had it been given

It's a red yes but forget that shite, are you claiming Brentford get decisions over what we do, little old punching way above there weight Brentford, get a grip ffs. It's a poor decision from var, get over it, I can't stand this "it only happens to us shit" it's quite frankly pathetic.
It's not a red because nobody, not even a Brentford player, could have been expected to think a Sheff Utd player could be that quick.

It is therefore Souza's fault.

Potential handball- just that phrase gives me the shakes as it is a perfect opportunity for VAR to fix the result. It was all based on the melee trying to clear the last ball into our box and would have been right up there with the Lunny toenail had it been given
Yes it was an anxious moment at the death.VAR did deal with it quickly for a change.

At least the VAR calls yesterday didn't cost us like they did vs. Liverpool.

I mean the Liverpool match would still likely have led to them winning in another fashion but still you never know. Don't concede first half or equalise with a pen 2nd half and maybe we come away with a point.

Can’t wait for Dermot Gallagher and Donny Howard to come on and tell us why VAR didn’t upgrade the ankle breaker to a red. Pair of wankers.
Mike Dean said it was a Red on Sky Sports, infact the panel said it was a Red and were surprised when VAR didn't refer it back too the referee for another look.

How can the var officials see a handball for Bournemouth’s 4th goal vs Manure, but not see a leg breaker on Vinci Souza?

It is just not fit for purpose. Scrap it now.

At least when we relied on the referee for a decision, you could forgive an error by 1 person, but now when there are multiple people making the errors, it’s just unforgivable.

It's the inconsistency that is the main issue.

Compare yesterday's challenge with Lundstrums away at Brighton in the COVID season.

They are either bother reds or neither are.

Apparently this is not a red card either:

I actually think that one is slight less problematic than yesterday's.

He's nowhere near as quick, or as out of control as the Brentford man.

Having said that, he's leading with his studs, so....

The problem as I see it is that tv fans want var but fans who attend games don't. It ruins the spontaneity of it all.
If we didn't have all these action replays from many different angles we wouldn't know about some of these potential leg breaking challenges.
I say scrap var and restrict action replays - of course it will never happen because tv companies finance it all in the first place.

The problem as I see it is that tv fans want var but fans who attend games don't. It ruins the spontaneity of it all.
If we didn't have all these action replays from many different angles we wouldn't know about some of these potential leg breaking challenges.
I say scrap var and restrict action replays - of course it will never happen because tv companies finance it all in the first place.

If we are going to have VAR then they can at least get decisions right.

I'm pretty much aTV fan nowadays. I don't want VAR anywhere near the games.

I see the media are starting to turn against it now.

But, they need to accept that they were culpable in it's introduction. Examining every replay in super slo mo was at least a factor in VAR.

That and the big six clubs hating the idea that a mistake might cost them. That on its own might ensure it never goes away. It won't have escaped the likes of Liverpool that games like Wednesday night are far less likely to go against them with VAR in play.

Onyeka cynically fouled Brooks about two mins before that and escaped a certain booking, too.
He got extraordinarily lucky this weekend that he left the pitch under his manager's direction.

No fucker seems to understand the rules of the game anymore, especially those who are supposed to be in charge of it.

You will struggle to be find a manager, player, pundit or supporter who is happy with how things are being run on the pitch now.

The inconsistencies are beyond atrocious. It's just an absolute shit show, from top to bottom.

No fucker seems to understand the rules of the game anymore, especially those who are supposed to be in charge of it.

You will struggle to be find a manager, player, pundit or supporter who is happy with how things are being run on the pitch now.

The inconsistencies are beyond atrocious. It's just an absolute shit show, from top to bottom.
Its because they get adapted every season with a new clause still with the phrase of "...manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:" Straight away in theory the Laws of the Game are stating that regardless of what happens on the pitch it is what the referee thinks is the correct call, the referee cannot be wrong if he said I considered x to be the case.....

In 2005 it used to be about trips or attempting to trip etc and that was a direct free kick now. Its about contact - Contact is a free kick - including pushes. Impeding the progress of an opponent without contact is an Indirect free kick. Not to dig up too much but if we go back to the McAtee incident vs Liverpool. If the referee is thinking that "there isn't another contact for a penalty" Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player, resulting in an Indirect free kick to the opposition, that at least means he has done that as he has blocked him off (I know he shoved him) but at very least indirect free kick in the penalty area.

The handball laws haven't helped when they were brought in. They have tinkered around with it too much, the Laws of the Game although not as complex as Rugby Union don't make for a good product. They need to make it more simple and remove some of the complex laws in place

I watched “Mic’d up Refs” on TNT last night. It was Michael Owen and Howard Webb discussing a few decisions made in recent weeks with the commentary from the refs and the VAR room. It was interesting to hear the discussions going on alongside the incidents, but I was left fuming as all it did was prove we had been robbed of a pen v Liverpool, a pen v Man Utd for that Maguire push, and also the other Liverpool goal shouldn’t have stood, IF we are to accept Webb’s comments about the examples they showed (none from our games of course).

2, maybe 3, very big VAR decisions in the blades favour last night. I'd have been fuming if the early push and the disallowed goal were the other way round. And 1 against with the arm swing on Robinson which should've been a red. Overall gaining a point as I doubt Villa would have let a lead slip. So is it alright again now? Until the next time it goes against us again anyway.

Thought the goal probably should've stood (different phase of play etc) but no arguments with the rest aside from the elbow on Robbo.

Thought the goal probably should've stood (different phase of play etc) but no arguments with the rest aside from the elbow on Robbo.

I think thay whilst the ball wasn't going towards the Villa lad, Vini was very lucky to get away with a two handed push in the back. The lad was lightweight and went over easily, but you can't be doing that in the penalty area.... he was very lucky indeed!... All in all we need to behave when defending in our box. With VAR it unnerves me.

The Villa goal..... again I think we fell a little lucky. There was an obvious foul on Wes, but then you could argue that there was a point afterwards where the ball was in our advantage.... we then fluffed in up. As said, it was two phases of play technically..... was shocked and obviously extremely happy when it was disallowed....

A couple of welcome big ones in our favour for once.... swings and roundabouts, cant grumble!

If their player hadn't pulled Wes' arm, then he could have comfortably caught or cleared the ball. It was an obvious foul which clearly gave Villa an advantage, as the ball was pinballing around our area, as a result. If Baldock had launched the ball and then Villa had built another attack, then that would have been different. We were still trying to clear our lines.

My biggest gripe with VAR has never been the decisions they make. It's infuriating when they get it badly wrong but the way it breaks the flow of a game and makes you question whether any goal can be celebrated are the real problems and they can't be fixed.

I'm so glad it isn't in the EFL, it makes those games so much more fun to watch. Refs make mistakes, accepting that allows for a much better game.

Reactions: Dkc
If their player hadn't pulled Wes' arm, then he could have comfortably caught or cleared the ball. It was an obvious foul which clearly gave Villa an advantage, as the ball was pinballing around our area, as a result. If Baldock had launched the ball and then Villa had built another attack, then that would have been different. We were still trying to clear our lines.
I can see it from both sides. That said I'd be pissed off if it was chalked off for us so I can understand their frustrations.

After last night I now accept that VAR is being used to get the 'desired outcome'. No way would those VAR decisions have been the same against one of the supposed established clubs and if Villa had been mid table they probably would've got them too, having said that I understand the decisions just that there was a decided slant on them.

Back
Top Bottom