Player Suggestion Ugurcan Cakir

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still haven't seen a last minute alternative for Hendo.

Seriously, where does he go? Which PL team is also keeping their no 1 slot open for him?

These unsuccessful bids to me are a smokescreen to show we are quite capable of looking elsewhere.

It's not like midfield or attack, where you get game to game rotation.

What are his or their options of the 19 other clubs?

Rivals, so Man U won't loan (5) - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs.

Already have established 1st choice Keeper (11) - Wolves (Patricio), Leicester (Schmeichel), Burnley (Pope), Everton (Pickford), Newcastle (Dubrovka), Palace (Guaita), Brighton (Ryan), Leeds (Mesler/Casilla), WBA (Johnstone), Villa (Heaton), West Ham (Fabianski/Randolph)

Others - Southampton (Gunn, McCarthy, Forster already there), Fulham (Rodac)

I can't see Southampton taking in another keeper. If anything, they will offload one. West Ham had injury issues but Fabianski was doing well and Randolph is an excellent keeper. Leeds just signed their loanee keeper. So the only option left is Fulham. If I'm not mistaken, Rodak is same age as Hendo and highly rated. On their boards I saw no fans clamouring for a keeper.

So in summary, unless he returns to us, I don't see many vacancies and get may be forced to stick at OT and OGS seems to want him to get games. This could backfire and the main loser will be Hendo.

Abroad? Playing for a club in the Champions League or Europa League might appeal to Man U and Henderson?

Watched the whole VT and barring a couple, and they were debateable, I'm not quite sure what else he could've done with the shots he was facing.

My concern with the VT was how many seem to be parried back into the danger zone.

I've expressed my views earlier in the thread but a lot of his saves are very "Hendersonesque" and he looks very agile with great positioning and a great shot stopper.
Yes. To be honest I don't think our defence setup allows those sort of long range shots, fortunately. His own team seem to have a pretty loose defence. He does look good at stopping or blocking near post shots though.

Abroad? Playing for a club in the Champions League or Europa League might appeal to Man U and Henderson?
That's the only other option available. He is a reasonable distance in a good sense, to home in Manchester and Sheffield. He won't have that if he has to move overseas. Maybe he doesn't want that?

That's the only other option available. He is a reasonable distance to home in Manchester and Sheffield. He won't have that if he has to move overseas. Maybe he doesn't want that?
I don't see what playing in an inferior league for 90% of his games and then occasionally having a big Champions League match does for his development.
A Europa league team I wouldn't understand at all, and so coming back to his options, he'd need a top Champions League team in Spain, Germany or Italy and which one of them would want him anyway? It's not like young English keepers have a stellar reputation internationally as there's lots about but I've yet to see any that have been scouted and taken abroad.

Said it at the start, I think we're holding a lot more cards for this deal than a some of our fans believe. We've a strong negotiating position and we shouldn't be prepared to be overly messed around here. Either a reasonable deal gets done quickly and amicably, within sensible cost boundaries or we just walk away and leave them with the problem.

Turkish journalist saying we gave up on him after they increased to wanting 25m
That was EUR so forex deal involved with fluctuations. I'm extremely happy with this deal for Aaron and it's like a return home with a more solid defence in front of him😎

The price just continues to fall, what was it? Chelsea were gonna pay £30m? We apparently bid about £18m? Now it’s Brighton bidding £13.5m.

Maybe Trabzonspor are starting to get a bit desperate and are going to drop their price. Might still be a bit of life in this rumour, even with Ramsdale seemingly close to signing.

The price just continues to fall, what was it? Chelsea were gonna pay £30m? We apparently bid about £18m? Now it’s Brighton bidding £13.5m.

Maybe Trabzonspor are starting to get a bit desperate and are going to drop their price. Might still be a bit of life in this rumour, even with Ramsdale seemingly close to signing.

Or it might all be BS

Based on the media reports from Turkey, I think there could’ve been some interest from us. How far that actually got, who knows?

I doubt we were ever in for him, seems like games being played by the Turks.

I doubt we were ever in for him, seems like games being played by the Turks.

We were always in for him...and still have the deal on the table should Ramsdale fall through...

henderson is dead in water though as a deal ..

Be interesting to see how he performs if he comes to England (saying that if Liverpool probably be 2nd choice)
This could be an instance of one of those players that was suggested to Wilder and he said no

Wonder if this is one of the players that the Prince is referencing when he speaks of players recommended to & subsequently turned down by Wilder. It seemed Soucek was potentially one of the others.

Be interesting to see how he performs if he comes to England (saying that if Liverpool probably be 2nd choice)
This could be an instance of one of those players that was suggested to Wilder and he said no
Doh! Not another!
He probably wouldn't have got to play anyway.

As a player suggestion, we end up light in the goalkeeping department in the summer. I am not sure how much it would take money wise to bring Deano in on a permanent deal if at all possible. Currently Ugurcan Cakir from Trabzonspor is bringing in interest from the likes of Southampton, Liverpool and Spurs although not cheap (reported to be valued at £20 million) he is highly rated, he is fairly tall at 6ft 3 still only 23
Looking at his performance tonight in Rome,he and Ramsdale are on a par,both crap at kicking,and both able to make a great save.

Turkey tonight versus Italy reminded me of us playing in the Prem last season.

Hecky says the embargo being lifted means nothing to him yet ever since it got lifted a number of transfer rumours have started.

True its probably agent talk but it must be a sign we are making some noises about signing new players. It could be that we are looking to do our business early doors as well.

It will definitely be interesting to see what market we will be operating in this pre season.

Will it be:-
Expensive young English talent
Top championship
Foreign
Experienced free transfers
Mixture of all.

It will definitely be interesting to see what market we will be operating in this pre season.

Will it be:-
Expensive young English talent
Top championship
Foreign
Experienced free transfers
Mixture of all.

Probably all of the above although the expensive young talent will probably be in the form of a couple of top level Prem loans.

There may also be a couple from relegated sides

This guy seems pretty reliable and 220k followers.

Says Forest are in negotiations but we're still showing interest

This guy seems pretty reliable and 220k followers.

Says Forest are in negotiations but we're still showing interest

Cash money money money, or a hard earned wage, hmmm.

I don't know but I'm assuming Navas would like a bigger move than Forest. Hendo want to go there permanently/they want him?

Back
Top Bottom