Player Suggestion Ugurcan Cakir

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stu_Blade

Reaction score
As a player suggestion, we end up light in the goalkeeping department in the summer. I am not sure how much it would take money wise to bring Deano in on a permanent deal if at all possible. Currently Ugurcan Cakir from Trabzonspor is bringing in interest from the likes of Southampton, Liverpool and Spurs although not cheap (reported to be valued at £20 million) he is highly rated, he is fairly tall at 6ft 3 still only 23

As a player suggestion, we end up light in the goalkeeping department in the summer. I am not sure how much it would take money wise to bring Deano in on a permanent deal if at all possible. Currently Ugurcan Cakir from Trabzonspor is bringing in interest from the likes of Southampton, Liverpool and Spurs although not cheap (reported to be valued at £20 million) he is highly rated, he is fairly tall at 6ft 3 still only 23

We supposedly have already bid in the region of £13m for him and it has been turned down. Wilder & co have been out in Turkey and we have also been linked with Alexander Sorloth (Trabz' striker) and Altay Bayindir (Fenerbahce's GK).

There's a thread already on this link.

Chelsea and Spurs interested now so that one might be out of reach

I'd much rather they be interested in Ramsdale than Henderson. IMHO Henderson is the best possible option for Utd next season even if it is to be a third loan - he'll most likely be established as England's first choice (if the Euros go ahead and Southgate sticks to his mantra of selecting players in form).

Don't get me wrong, I think Ramsdale is a good keeper and will improve further but he's some way behind Henderson.

" He has been linked with Sheffield United and nearly every other leading Premier League club by the Turkish media. "
has been linked with most of the leading Premier League teams including Sheffield United by the Turkish media. Facking sort it out Shield.

I don’t see us spending large amounts of money in this window due to the pandemic. I read that we are mainly looking at loans.

Might be a tactic to for Henderson’s hand. We’ve told him we want him next year, he can’t decide yet, we’ve shown interest in another to speed up his decision making so he doesn’t miss out.

Not sure on how good of a outlet it is but this would be a very clever signing. Only Muslera of Galatasaray is better in the league and that can be debated as well.

edit: Turns out this outlet's social media has millions of followers so hopefully some credibility in that. And I cant make out what turkish fans are saying cause its all in incredible figures of speech like this...
1594731021063.png

Chelsea seem to be making some serious moves in the market this summer.

Timo Werner, Ziyek already signed and still looking at Havertz, Chilwell, Rice etc..

The weak link will still be the manager and his coaching staff! They were absolutely schooled at the weekend despite the incredible resources they have at their disposal, and I suspect they know it.

This one has been rumbling on for a while, definitely feels like it has some substance - particularly with Wilder & the entourage having gone across to Turkey at least once this season.

I've a feeling Dean Henderson is going to try to force a permanent move through somewhere this Summer & we're likely aware we can't afford him.

Worth adding The Sun have this Cakir lad going to Chelsea.

This one has been rumbling on for a while, definitely feels like it has some substance - particularly with Wilder & the entourage having gone across to Turkey at least once this season.

I've a feeling Dean Henderson is going to try to force a permanent move through somewhere this Summer & we're likely aware we can't afford him.

Worth adding The Sun have this Cakir lad going to Chelsea.

Not based on anything other than a hunch but unless anything seismic happens e.g. DdG goes to Madrid, I think Henderson will return to BDTBL next season. I suspect more noise would have been heard if that wasn't the case and more rumours about alternative targets spread.

Not based on anything other than a hunch but unless anything seismic happens e.g. DdG goes to Madrid, I think Henderson will return to BDTBL next season. I suspect more noise would have been heard if that wasn't the case and more rumours about alternative targets spread.

There does seem to be a lot of paper talk "Henderson won't wait forever" then all of the links to Chelsea stuff. I imagine that is making its way to the papers via Henderson's agent. That's my feeling.

There does seem to be a lot of paper talk "Henderson won't wait forever" then all of the links to Chelsea stuff. I imagine that is making its way to the papers via Henderson's agent. That's my feeling.

I really can't see them selling him to Chelsea - that would be utter madness on their part and astronomically expensive for Chelsea to have him and Kepa on their books.

I suspect Henderson's agent is simply using the situation to 'persuade' Man Utd to give him another uplift in salary. When the England squad finally meet again, I bet he'll still be the lowest paid player (with the exception of JOC :) )

Can we afford to bring Hendo back for another year? I thought someone mentioned we were picking up 50k (of his 75k) per week of his salary. I'm certain Man U will offer him some more cash in the summer.... Meaning we would most likely have to cover even more of his salary.

Quick look at the guy. Certainly looks like he has good reflexes, makes a few too many Hollywood saves for my liking but looks a good keeper.

Can we afford to bring Hendo back for another year? I thought someone mentioned we were picking up 50k (of his 75k) per week of his salary. I'm certain Man U will offer him some more cash in the summer.... Meaning we would most likely have to cover even more of his salary.

Whatever Henderson would cost in loan fee and salary it would be good value and would be paid back by results and final placing in the league (= increased payment)

Compared with an unproven signing that would cost £10-20m plus £2m/year salary and it's really a no-brainer!

Quick look at the guy. Certainly looks like he has good reflexes, makes a few too many Hollywood saves for my liking but looks a good keeper.

Ah the good old YT montage!

I'd agree with everything you've said. Good reflexes but a good few of those saves it looks like he's trying to make them look better than they need to be. This is fine until the inevitable mistake and the subsequent accusations of arrogance. A bit like Hendo really.

Looks promising though. To get an accurate view though I'd want to see the goals he has conceded and whether he should have done better with them. One or two like Hendo is fine but if it's a regular occurrence then it'd be a no for me as we can't really afford to be conceding a lot more goals unless we start scoring more.

This kid is quality. Watched him live regularly on BT Sports, due to our reported interest in him. Proper unit, and very agile. I’d prefer us to see if we can do some sort of deal for Henderson, where we get to sign him for say £10m on a four year deal, with Man Utd having a buy back for the same price after three years. That would guarantee us another three years to establish ourselves in the premier league and allow Man Utd to keep him out out of the clutches of their nearest rivals. A win, win, for both clubs. If not sign Cakir.

This kid is quality. Watched him live regularly on BT Sports, due to our reported interest in him. Proper unit, and very agile. I’d prefer us to see if we can do some sort of deal for Henderson, where we get to sign him for say £10m on a four year deal, with Man Utd having a buy back for the same price after three years. That would guarantee us another three years to establish ourselves in the premier league and allow Man Utd to keep him out out of the clutches of their nearest rivals. A win, win, for both clubs. If not sign Cakir.
Doesn`t like catching owt. Trying to look flash.

Doesn`t like catching owt. Trying to look flash.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree! If we can’t get Henderson, IMO we need to go all out to sign this kid. Darlow could also be a dark horse after his release from Newcastle, seeing as Ward had him as a kid at Forest?

Ah the good old YT montage!

I'd agree with everything you've said. Good reflexes but a good few of those saves it looks like he's trying to make them look better than they need to be. This is fine until the inevitable mistake and the subsequent accusations of arrogance. A bit like Hendo really.

Looks promising though. To get an accurate view though I'd want to see the goals he has conceded and whether he should have done better with them. One or two like Hendo is fine but if it's a regular occurrence then it'd be a no for me as we can't really afford to be conceding a lot more goals unless we start scoring more.

agree with this 100%. He looks a good keeper on there, quite like schmickel with the way he makes himself bigger when 1on1.

That said most keepers at the top level can shot stop, he needs to be able to command his area and come and claim crosses, like hendo does.

Back
Top Bottom