Player Suggestion Ugurcan Cakir

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forest want Henderson, can't see Cakir going there as back up...

No idea what the answer is but how great is hendos relationship with forest?

They essentially replaced him after 1/2 a season. Wouldn’t have thought he’d be dying to go back… though don’t know about the details there even if he was injured for abit .

No idea what the answer is but how great is hendos relationship with forest?

They essentially replaced him after 1/2 a season. Wouldn’t have thought he’d be dying to go back… though don’t know about the details there even if he was injured for abit .

He was, (and still is) injured, that's why Navas came in, they didn't want to have Hennessey as No1...

Think we can probably file this one under "pipe dream" given our suggested budget. He is under contract until 2027 with Trabsonpor earning about 1 million euros a year...transfer fee would be north of £12m...

Think we can probably file this one under "pipe dream" given our suggested budget. He is under contract until 2027 with Trabsonpor earning about 1 million euros a year...transfer fee would be north of £12m...

Well the fee would be an issue, the wages you quote are absurdly cheap if he's remotely close to PL quality

Is Cakir on a free?
Think he was available to Forest in January on a basis of 2m loan fee rising to 7m if they made him permanent unless I'm mistaken.

On that basis it would be an attractive deal, IF he's any good. Can't say I spend my quiet moments studying Turkish goalkeepers.

Torrix that kind of money is good value for international keepers ( look what we paid for then subseqiently sold Ramsdale for) . He's 27 and could easily still have 10 years playing at a high level. I'm sure we have thr budget for someone like this guy and Doyle.

If there's one position it's worth spending big money on it's a keeper due to their importance and longevity.

Loan to buy on condition of staying up would be our only shout.

If we were going to loan a keeper a foreign loan makes more sense as doesn't impact our total loan quota.

were going to be bringing more loan players in than permanents and loaning a keeper to challenge wes is the likely outcome get sam johnstone in from palace he cant get in their first 11 but is an excellent keeper

were going to be bringing more loan players in than permanents and loaning a keeper to challenge wes is the likely outcome get sam johnstone in from palace he cant get in their first 11 but is an excellent keeper
You joking right? Sam Johnstone has been their no1 keeper since Hodgson took over and he has been bang in form for them, keeping 5/6 clean sheets in that time.

You joking right? Sam Johnstone has been their no1 keeper since Hodgson took over and he has been bang in form for them, keeping 5/6 clean sheets in that time.

We were linked a while back but that ship has sailed.

We were linked a while back but that ship has sailed.
Aye, earlier in season when he couldn't get in their squad.. before Hodgson came in. Now he's featured every game and his form as mentioned before got him called up for England.

Not sure about his availability but what about Travers from Bournemouth, barely played this season as O'Neil prefers Neto. Always looked like a decent keeper on the few times I've seen him play.

Is the Rotherham keeper good enough? Could we just get him? They always prefer to sell cheap

Is the Rotherham keeper good enough? Could we just get him? They always prefer to sell cheap

He sure is. He would be the one that I want us to go for and who we could in all reality get and fits in our financial budget. Would be a cracking signing.

I didn't realise that we didn't have a 12 month option on Wes.
If he doesn't agree to the new terms we are offering, a goalkeeper suddenly becomes our number one (ha) priority.
We did have an option and we have exercised it for another 12 months.

It’s almost like Alan Nixon doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

We did have an option and we have exercised it for another 12 months.

It’s almost like Alan Nixon doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.
Sure it was that Ramble Blade that said we hadn't on his podcast.
That's good news then, even if he's not a starter it saves us stretching that budget even further.

cakir could be an excellent signing to challenge wes for the keepers role he definetly needs genuine competition for the spot not another back up keeper

cakir could be an excellent signing to challenge wes for the keepers role he definetly needs genuine competition for the spot not another back up keeper

We would not sign Cakir to challenge Wes, he would come in and rightly so, as clear No1, Wes would be challenging him!

We would not sign Cakir to challenge Wes, he would come in and rightly so, as clear No1, Wes would be challenging him!
you may be right there but i still think hecky would give the jersey to wes for the first game even if we signed cakir one thing is certain we definetly need another good keeper to come in and challenge for the spot we dont need another back up keeper

Too high a fee or not, he was rumoured to be getting a big move 4 summers ago and he's still there. Not even Turkey's international keeper

Back
Top Bottom