U21/S

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reacted without replying because you're post was nonsense, you pointed out that Cat 1 academies struggled against L1 sides, then made a ridiculous claim that our Cat 2 academy would give L1 teams a decent game.

It's clear from a lot of your posts you massively over-rate our U21s, yes some of them may well go on to have really good careers at a high level, but currently as a collective they wouldn't be anywhere near competitive in L1.

As for the U21s being something I know "zero" about, I wait most of our U21s games either online or in person and have previously played academy and non-league football and my dad is an ex-pro... so I do have a decent understanding of the difference between various levels.

In recent times our u21s have done really well in the league they play in which is of course great for them and if you take that on it's own then it's brilliant for that part of the club to be doing well and winning often, but you don't seem to understand where they're at when it's put into the context of football as a whole. So yes, enjoy their success, but don't make claims such as they'd do better against L1 teams than Man City/Utd u21s.

Surely this is further evidence of the gap between youth football and first team football
I'm not saying our youth are world beaters I'm just saying the way they play every game they surely have lots of confidence to give lower league teams a game.

The Manchester clubs comment was more me being surprised, surely they have more quality than say a Barnsley or Cheltenham?

A lot of Blades have been wanting players such as Freckleton, Arblaster and Marsh to name a few to be in our first team squads 🤷

Loans out are more about experience than getting numbers on goals/assists/clean sheets so harsh to judge players last season. Boyes and Marsh may have low numbers come May but I'm sure they'll be better players for it and still be blades players in 2014/15.

Thought this would be a game to get some timber off Davies and Slimane.
Excited about One, looking forward to sewing how many Hackford bags, but who is Macedo?

No
Look at the youth cup winning side against us. Pogba and Lingard had the best careers of their players but a lot never made it at a level of a Barnsley or Cheltenham
8 from that day have played championship or above? I'm sure that's classed as having good careers and better than Cheltenham.

Johnstone PL
M.Keane PL
Pogba PL
Lingard PL
Morrison PL
Blackett FL
Tunnicliffe FL
W.Keane FL

Neither one of our teams has scored a goal in the last set of fixtures, which is very unlike them.

Can anyone please confirm whether the U21's are at Bramall Lane today Monday 2pm ko? Advertised in the last programme however can't find any confirmation anywhere.

One might be a bit of natural freak in that he's bigger than most his age. Already played professional stuff in Scotland due to that so there's probably nothing to be gained in him playing in our u18s or probably even u21. A loan to non league for a bit is probably his next move.

One might be a bit of natural freak in that he's bigger than most his age. Already played professional stuff in Scotland due to that so there's probably nothing to be gained in him playing in our u18s or probably even u21. A loan to non league for a bit is probably his next move.
What he’ll be learning with our U21s is how our formation works, what he needs to be doing off the ball and the positions he needs to take up. He wouldn’t learn much of that in non league.

Give him a year in the U21s, then probably a L2 loan.

Back
Top Bottom