U21/S

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osula is ridiculous.

Really need to tie up him and Jebbo. Their potential is frightening.
He’s like the Brian Deane of the U23s.

I remember Deane getting back to back hat tricks against Burnley in the Cup and Ipswich in the league.

It will be interesting how he comes back after a good summer.

Could be part of the first team squad quicker than people think.

We'll do well to keep Jebbo and Osula for any length of time. A Villa type team will surely be looking at snapping them up with a view to sending them out on loan to develop. Why not stay at United and be sent on loan I hear you ask. Well, the difference is someone like Villa will be paying them £20k per week whilst doing so!

A loan to a Champ or top-end L1 club where he'd play plenty of games would be perfect for Osula next season. As shown last week at Brum, he's still some way off being ready (although I think he will come good) - he just needs games and the opportunities to score a few and grow in confidence - something he's unlikely to get next season being 4th, 5th or 6th choice.

I would have thought playing alongside McGoldrick at Derby would have been perfect - I'm surprised it didn't work out there but that's the sort of loan I would have in mind for him

A loan to a Champ or top-end L1 club where he'd play plenty of games would be perfect for Osula next season. As shown last week at Brum, he's still some way off being ready (although I think he will come good) - he just needs games and the opportunities to score a few and grow in confidence - something he's unlikely to get next season being 4th, 5th or 6th choice.

I would have thought playing alongside McGoldrick at Derby would have been perfect - I'm surprised it didn't work out there but that's the sort of loan I would have in mind for him
It didn't work out because we called him back, prior to that the Derby fans loved him, as for sending him on loan to a L1 team again I don't see what he would achieve with that, been there done it, he needs to be at championship level at least so he can improve even further.

Osula- needs first team games every week…loan next season.
Brooks, Marsh, Blaster the others in that team that look most likely to forge a career at United. Don’t see any of them being a reliable option next season though, they simply have to go on loan as high as they can and get plenty of game time in men’s football to see if they’re up to it. No point standing out at this level if you can’t hack the rigours and physicality of men’s footy.
Early days for the rest.

Our most successful Academy Break Out players - Ndiaye and Brooks (D) - did NOT go on extensive high level EFL loans before breaking into the First Team and having an important impact. Only Rhys N-D has gone down the higher and higher EFL loans, slow burner, route.

Fair point, but I could counter that by adding that they weren’t trying to get games in the premier league to break into the side as a regular.
Illy is an exceptional talent as well.

Osula to me looks like he has potentially everything. The guy is a physical freak at 19. He's absolutely dominating players older than him and laughing at them.

His finishing was off last week, but the guy has proven plenty he has it in his locker. Can strike the ball well with both feet.

I think it shows the level is far below the championship ( obviously) . Osula looks world class at that level while he looks a good prospect in the men's game. If he's not in the 1st team he needs to be playing men's football next year

He’s like the Brian Deane of the U23s.

I remember Deane getting back to back hat tricks against Burnley in the Cup and Ipswich in the league.

It will be interesting how he comes back after a good summer.

Could be part of the first team squad quicker than people think.
The Deano comparison is spot on. Got that gangly two-footed power that the great man had. All the usual caveats but Will Osula looks the real deal.

Some league one team’s first choice striker next season, no doubt.

Fair point, but I could counter that by adding that they weren’t trying to get games in the premier league to break into the side as a regular.
Illy is an exceptional talent as well.
I think the thing with him over other young players is that physically he's already there.

He's a powerful guy even at his age.

Yes at Birmingham he lacked a bit of composure, something that on the whole he doesn't really when you see him at U21 level. But he got into those positions and he has no problem mixing it so credit for that.

Whilst there is a lot of talk of the budget, I don't see players being brought in who are well established, to be 4th, 5th or 6th choices. We might see one forward perhaps a number 10 type (Billy wears 10 but he's a number 9 really) come in to compliment McBurnie and Ndiaye and replace Khadra, but it could well be Ndiaye, McBurnie, Brewster, Jebbison, Osula as your options.

It makes sense to send young lads out to learn the game to get used to rough and tumble. This might be what Marsh needs as he's largely been doing it against his own age ranges.

This applies less to Jebbo and Osula because they are both such good physical specimens.

The reason we attract good young players in my view is because when push comes to shove, we do give them a chance.

With United being financially prudent, you've got to be giving it a go with Ndiaye but then hoping some combination of Osula, Jebbison and Brewster kicks on.

With respect to the rest, there's a fair bit to look forward to in developing an Osula/Jebbison partnership in the long term.

I can see benefits to both but I also won't be surprised if Hecky keeps him around.

What's to say he can't have a similar impact to Evan Ferguson at Brighton?

We need to look at recruiting another player like illy ,for me we go with a forward line including osula, jebbison, mcburnie and Brewster next season we will be out of possession a lot of the time and the first 2 boys have pace to counter attack quickly and it will be a good learning curve to deal with cute bullying centre halves
If we have money to spend it needs to go on midfield especially a CDM to go with Doyle (if we manage to get him) still think Mendy's from the foxes is a good shout but I see on another thread that the lad Ronaldo viera is getting back to fitness (better age for the bring in younger players plan)
Left hand side of defence is my only worry we need both a LHS CB and a LWB

I mean, fair play, but how are we going to manage that?
I think we all know money's going to be tight, there's been a lot of good suggestions on the rumour thread's I can't honestly say what our scouting budget is But we're in for a very nervy season now's the time for the club to invest the premier money in infrastructure and scouting teams to set us up for the future
Unless a billionaire buys us and it's done overnight (but not in a scabs way ) 🤣🤣🤣

It didn't work out because we called him back, prior to that the Derby fans loved him, as for sending him on loan to a L1 team again I don't see what he would achieve with that, been there done it, he needs to be at championship level at least so he can improve even further.
Shortly before we recalled him he was not in Derby’s starting line up.

Anyone know where and when the final for this U21 competition is please. If its local may go to watch and support the lads. Thanks

The obsession some people here have about loaning players out until they're 28 and them not being "ready" before that is hilarious

Back
Top Bottom