Tufty Club pod - match reactions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Enjoyed that one, so thanks again lads. 'Covid Kev' seemed to get even more coverage than usual and I love the crap impression. The 'Oooo Bettis' impressions are suitably childish to chime with my sense of humour too, although I've no idea what he actually sounds like.

Quite funny to you both being a bit non-plussed with others commenting on how you look. If it helps neither of you look like you sound (in my head), but I'm sure your mothers would both say you are a nice pair of lads.

Keep them coming lads, as a few saddos out here hang on your every words...........sort of.

This thread is worth checking in to for the art alone. Great work

First time I’ve ever had it implied I’m an artist without the word “piss” in front of it. Thanks

Update on Deacon Blue - I got 1 and a half songs into their 'top tracks' and gave up. If that's their top tracks I wouldn't want to listen to their filler.

I haven’t even bothered and am letting Roygbiv do the hard work. Fully convinced that these good songs don’t exist

Enjoyed that one, so thanks again lads. 'Covid Kev' seemed to get even more coverage than usual and I love the crap impression. The 'Oooo Bettis' impressions are suitably childish to chime with my sense of humour too, although I've no idea what he actually sounds like.

Quite funny to you both being a bit non-plussed with others commenting on how you look. If it helps neither of you look like you sound (in my head), but I'm sure your mothers would both say you are a nice pair of lads.

Keep them coming lads, as a few saddos out here hang on your every words...........sort of.

Crap impression you say? You’re obviously referring to @Deadbat’s attempt…

Cheers for the kind words though (if “you’re childish and look like it” could ever be termed as kind)

Webding should try and do the whole of the next pod as Covid Kev.
Also sure Carol Decker from T'Pau was in a relationship with a guy in the band, and wasn't Debbie Harry also with a Blondie band member?

Webding should try and do the whole of the next pod as Covid Kev.
Also sure Carol Decker from T'Pau was in a relationship with a guy in the band, and wasn't Debbie Harry also with a Blondie band member?

Fully in character? The next one would just be an hour rant about losing our liberties (and nights out in Dronfield)

Again, not a match reaction, but here’s something I wrote (eight months ago) - might pass the time for five minutes

Fully in character? The next one would just be an hour rant about losing our liberties (and nights out in Dronfield)
I was in Sainsburys Dronfield today and everyone had a face mask on, then saw a middle aged guy without one and thought he looks familiar 🤔.

Afraid I need to fact check Deadbat- it was Gary Weaver not Daniel Mann last night on comms. Leave the fake news to Covid Kev lads

Afraid I need to fact check Deadbat- it was Gary Weaver not Daniel Mann last night on comms. Leave the fake news to Covid Kev lads

Thanks… and that means he got both of them wrong. And he claims he wasn’t drunk…

I just guessed. I thought it was Mann but I did not even know it was Hinchcliffe either. To think we moved from the 80s music megamix downstairs to the clear commentary upstairs. 🙄

Not a match reaction, but…

Late to the party but the bit you described about them turning to journalists saying "if I want football advice........I'll talk to Paul and his team.....NOT YOU. Can't stop laughing

Late to the party but the bit you described about them turning to journalists saying "if I want football advice........I'll talk to Paul and his team.....NOT YOU. Can't stop laughing

Genuinely can’t even remember that bit - we just say stuff, and I’m amazed any of it is coherent. Even straight after we’ve finished, I have to ask DB what theme we should use for a picture (and then he usually can’t remember what we said either)

Glad you enjoyed it though - something both crap and ridiculous happening to United was right in our wheelbarrow.

I'd love to say it was a great pod...full of insight and detailed analysis but...we talked about mince pies and when to take your Xmas decorations down and then laughed at how little we know about football.

Give it a listen. You'll not regret it. Much

For how much longer can this be called tufty club?????

It's a big call to change. Sure Marathon, Jiff, Opal Fruits etc had these agonising decisions to make. We might take it our next board meeting and consult with our marketing manager.

Or...

We'll run a poll in the summer. Then disregard it and carry on with the same outdated and nonsensical name.

Back
Top Bottom