Tufty Club pod - match reactions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brilliant pic, the bodies actually match the faces.
I expected Moose to look happier surrounded by all that bread and cake

“The bodies actually match the faces” is both the best ever review of this particular brand of ‘art’, and a rightly damning indication of its usual quality.

Moose is just annoyed that they nicked his baguette (not a euphemism)

I'm also in the grouchy-old-sod-and-can't-really-be-arsed-to-go club. A bit sad that the current malaise has affected Deadbat's pre match pubbery.

I thought the ref was decent on free kicks and let the game flow, but some of his decisions were plain wrong (eg second half corner after Billy headed on to their player), although his 'assistants' were the usual level of chocolate teapot usefulness.
His time keeping was very suspect.
First half - 2 mins injury time with no trainers on or subs
Second half - just 3 minutes with 5 subs, with the Coventry ones doing the legendary backwards walking slow walk off.

I actually thought that had they been a bit more ambitious, 3 points were there for the taking but they seemed happy with a 0-0 'victory'.

I'm also in the grouchy-old-sod-and-can't-really-be-arsed-to-go club. A bit sad that the current malaise has affected Deadbat's pre match pubbery.

I thought the ref was decent on free kicks and let the game flow, but some of his decisions were plain wrong (eg second half corner after Billy headed on to their player), although his 'assistants' were the usual level of chocolate teapot usefulness.
His time keeping was very suspect.
First half - 2 mins injury time with no trainers on or subs
Second half - just 3 minutes with 5 subs, with the Coventry ones doing the legendary backwards walking slow walk off.

I actually thought that had they been a bit more ambitious, 3 points were there for the taking but they seemed happy with a 0-0 'victory'.

From my angle, I thought that header hit Billy again after their player, but then I was miles away. But otherwise agreed on all points. I also need to get back to the pub… though the lack of Saturday games and a traditional dry start to the new year might mean that’s March or something. What a depressing thought.

Deadbat and Webding's dedication to the Football Heaven callers next month.

You go on about how sad your listeners are, I’ve had to listen to you banging on about Christmas decorations and Deacon Blue (couldn’t tell you one song by the way) twice today. Once on my depressing way to work, then my son wanted to listen on the way to footy training (he said “can we listen to those weird blokes talking about United?”, did he mean you or Bladespod?!).

He did get about 15 mins in and say “are they gonna bother talking about the match or what?!”. He did enjoy the different adjectives for ‘big’ (‘fucking humungous’ is quite funny for a 9 year old’ 😀) and he loves @Deadbat’s mispronunciations and even calls Wes ‘Foderington’ to take the piss.

Anyway, I’m off to put Deacon Blue’s top tracks on Spotify and see if I think ‘oh yeah, I’ve heard that one before’. Keep up the good work.

You go on about how sad your listeners are, I’ve had to listen to you banging on about Christmas decorations and Deacon Blue (couldn’t tell you one song by the way) twice today.

Once is one time too many

Once on my depressing way to work, then my son wanted to listen on the way to footy training (he said “can we listen to those weird blokes talking about United?”, did he mean you or Bladespod?!).

Either way, what a good judge of character.

He did get about 15 mins in and say “are they gonna bother talking about the match or what?!”. He did enjoy the different adjectives for ‘big’ (‘fucking humungous’ is quite funny for a 9 year old’ 😀) and he loves @Deadbat’s mispronunciations and even calls Wes ‘Foderington’ to take the piss.

Apologies for the swears. If he gets in trouble at school for describing infinity, the universe or SWFC’s midweek away crowds as “fucking humongous”, then send the teacher our way.

Anyway, I’m off to put Deacon Blue’s top tracks on Spotify and see if I think ‘oh yeah, I’ve heard that one before’. Keep up the good work.

We can certainly keep up the work.

Once is one time too many

Either way, what a good judge of character.

Apologies for the swears. If he gets in trouble at school for describing infinity, the universe or SWFC’s midweek away crowds as “fucking humongous”, then send the teacher our way.

We can certainly keep up the work.
Update on Deacon Blue - I got 1 and a half songs into their 'top tracks' and gave up. If that's their top tracks I wouldn't want to listen to their filler.

Back
Top Bottom