Trond Olsen is still coming

• Thread starter Deleted member 1466
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Confirmed by my sources in Norway.

UPDATE ON THIS: It seems that the only person speaking on this subject is Olsens agent. No official word from either club or the player.

Olsen played only the first half of Bodø/Glimt's friendly today, the only outfield player to be subbed at half time. He won a penalty.

from the conversations that i have had with the guys on the Glimt forum, there are a few things that could be taken into account

Firstly, IF negotiations have taken place and money has been discussed i know that Glimt would be looking for around 14m Krone, which equates to around £1.5m, however due to the financial problems that the club is currently enduring (Running the risk of loosing there footballing licience(*sp)) the majority of the fans seem to believe that the club would accept somewhere between 7m and 10m Krone (£740K and £1m) so maybe cost isnt an issue as a lower value can sometimes be agreed with add on clauses

However, it seems more likely that this whole situation is simply a media play by Olsens agent. Seems he may have been hoping that keeping the deal "Alive" in the media (All be it in Norway) may have alerted the interest of other clubs that have supposedly been tracking the player namely Everton and Fulham.

When all is said and done the window isnt closed yet, and as such a transfer of the player may still take place, but i fear that if it does it will more than likely be to another team rather than us

from the conversations that i have had with the guys on the Glimt forum, there are a few things that could be taken into account

Firstly, IF negotiations have taken place and money has been discussed i know that Glimt would be looking for around 14m Krone, which equates to around £1.5m, however due to the financial problems that the club is currently enduring (Running the risk of loosing there footballing licience(*sp)) the majority of the fans seem to believe that the club would accept somewhere between 7m and 10m Krone (£740K and £1m) so maybe cost isnt an issue as a lower value can sometimes be agreed with add on clauses

However, it seems more likely that this whole situation is simply a media play by Olsens agent. Seems he may have been hoping that keeping the deal "Alive" in the media (All be it in Norway) may have alerted the interest of other clubs that have supposedly been tracking the player namely Everton and Fulham.

When all is said and done the window isnt closed yet, and as such a transfer of the player may still take place, but i fear that if it does it will more than likely be to another team rather than us

Could loose football licence? A chance for McCabe to buy another club?

Trond Olsen was sold to Rosenborg today for about £900 000. That's the club he scored that hat trick against btw.

Back
Top Bottom