Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 2nd May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1619970448442.png v. 1619970456135.png
EPL Week 34 - Sunday 2nd May 2021 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 16.50.33.png

Not our worst performance of the season (had couple of shots and crosses after all) but still absolute dross of the highest order. This team is individually shite across the park and not much better as a collective.

BIG rebuild needed if challenging top 6 next season

Spurs aren't that good put some pressure on rather than just sitting back and think they'll crumble ( or smack us by 5) but at least give it a go. And the spurs players go down more often than a two-bit hooker

Training session for Spurs

A complete lack of guile and endeavour. We lack quality but then we’ve always lacked quality. It’s just a continuation of what we’ve seen all season and that’s why I don’t want Hecky to get the job

I had hoped for a honeymoon period, something that suggests there’s a bit of hope. Something that suggests the majority of players that were here last season aren’t as bad as they are currently showing, but alas no. No spark with Hecky and Tisdall. Nothing really

That was absolutely toilet! Having said that we’ve somehow managed to play worse this season many times. That spurs team on paper is very strong. Get berge on - midfield is so slow and vacant!

It needs a star jump, not bolt upright. As it was, he stayed narrow and bent his knees.
Think he put his arms up and bent his knees to give himself spring and be able to spread his arms down but bale caught the ball sweetly on the bounce before he was set
Think you are being incredibly harsh and judging a split second piece of action without taking into.consideration the thousands of hours of. practice he will have done on this exact scenario and also bakes incredible ability to go with the opposite foot ramsdale is expecting him to

Not really said much about Brewster but from what I am seeing today, blimey. In a game like this and the tactics we're employing, the lads gonna hardly see the ball but feck me! Taking a shot from 40 yards out on your left foot? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Think about it lad!

We're so slow and lack so much intelligence. Players being sold constantly by obvious feints. Trying to pass out of defence but it's so slow and so obvious. So many bad passes. Spurs have hardly had to work.

Baldock is shocking in a back 3. His fault on the goal. Bale just ran passed him whilst he watched. Egan has also been dodgy at the back. Bogle can't tackle or track or defend really. Norwood slow, lightweight and useless. Osbourn looks lost. McGoldrick looks his age and he's making runs but hasn't got the pace. Brewster looks like he's never played as a striker before.

The problem is, we look to have no shape. Especially going forward. Players all over the shop. The only outball is to McGoldrick's feet. Brewster can't be bothered to make runs. But the ball is an obvious one and so easy to stop. We can't play out at the back and have nothing upront.

Brewster needs to come off. I'd hook Baldock as well. Maybe even Norwood.

Our inability to retain possession, create chances and defend may come back to bite us on the arse at some point this season.

We're so slow and lack so much intelligence. Players being sold constantly by obvious feints. Trying to pass out of defence but it's so slow and so obvious. So many bad passes. Spurs have hardly had to work.

Baldock is shocking in a back 3. His fault on the goal. Bale just ran passed him whilst he watched. Egan has also been dodgy at the back. Bogle can't tackle or track or defend really. Norwood slow, lightweight and useless. Osbourn looks lost. McGoldrick looks his age and he's making runs but hasn't got the pace. Brewster looks like he's never played as a striker before.

The problem is, we look to have no shape. Especially going forward. Players all over the shop. The only outball is to McGoldrick's feet. Brewster can't be bothered to make runs. But the ball is an obvious one and so easy to stop. We can't play out at the back and have nothing upront.

Norwood's ball across the 6 yard box was on a plate for anyone desperate to score. Unfortunately that's not Brewster

I've said before I'd let brewster have 90 minutes of every match if he puts in the effort. Well after that half I'd hook him now

Difference in class is there to see. Alli and Son just breeze past Bogle. Brewster not running onto balls through. Defence is like a school team. Why are we so eager to get back up next season? We're not Premier League standard, miles off.

Players lack conditioning and I'm afraid to say it heart at the moment with the exception of Basham who's the only player composed on the ball. Just going through the motions, football designed to keep the score down and Bettis tells us the management team are doing well FFS!!

It would help if Heckingbottom got over his obsession with Baldock being a centre back. Yes we've got injuries but surely Bash should be on the right and Stevens the left. Why disrupt 2 positions? Awaits second half tactical master class - not.

Back
Top Bottom