Top talents in Belgium that should be on your radar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From my initial list Raskin is still one to follow. Not yet linked with the elite clubs, his club Standard have financial issues. He can be the next Tielemans. Other interesting players in Belgium: Koffi (goalkeeper of Mouscron, loaned by Lille), Koita (tricky winger of Beveren), Henry (big centre forward from OHL, ideal for Championship), Mikautatze (pacy striker from Seraing, on loan from Metz), Nielsen (playmaker of Union).

From my initial list Raskin is still one to follow. Not yet linked with the elite clubs, his club Standard have financial issues. He can be the next Tielemans. Other interesting players in Belgium: Koffi (goalkeeper of Mouscron, loaned by Lille), Koita (tricky winger of Beveren), Henry (big centre forward from OHL, ideal for Championship), Mikautatze (pacy striker from Seraing, on loan from Metz), Nielsen (playmaker of Union).
i think if jokanovic comes in we will definetly be looking at the european market if possible

Raskin been hit by same thing that David Brooks got glandular fever. Strain stays in system for life and can be tough for athletes to completely overcome. Often get fatigued faster for many years into the future after contracting it.

Ever thought of applying to SU to become our official Belgium scout Purple? Think you'd do a cracking job. You'd become a very respected ITK and be able to give us some much needed inside info.

Doku from Anderlecht. Brandend as the successor of Hazard. Only 18 and already A international for Belgium. All top teams are after him but he wants game time and build his career step by step.

Raskin from standard, 19 years, already the play maker of standard and rules the midfield. Comparable to Tielemans.

Vanheusden from standard, 21 years, central defender, trainde by Inter Milan and won best player of the season in Italian Primavera competition. Very close to the National team and brandend as the successor of Kompany.

Lokonga from Anderlecht, 20, central mid with power and technical ability.

Verschaeren from Anderlecht, 19, creative attacking midfield

De Ketelaere from Club Brugge, 19, attacking mid or second striker, good vision, physical présence and technique.

Kayembe from Charleroi, 26, left wing back who is making a big name since his transfer from Nantes. Close to the National team in the form he is now playing.
Didn’t think we played anyone in the first team between the ages of 18 and 21.
Don’t know, why unless it is because they are likely to have a shot at goal.

Ever thought of applying to SU to become our official Belgium scout Purple? Think you'd do a cracking job. You'd become a very respected ITK and be able to give us some much needed inside info.
I don’t think United World is still interested in the old fashion scouts. 10 years ago that could have been an idea but now Van Winckel should know the league inside out as he is the technical director of Beerschot and should have seen every game in our league. Our former manager is a personal friend and he explained me the scouting system. It’s based on a computer programme and they get data on each professional player all over the world through the programme. There is not much personal scouting anymore. Although I believe a combination of computer data and a scout that closely follows the league will give the best results.

I think this sounds really promising for the future, if we get a manager in who is prepared to look abroad 😊 but to refer to an earlier thread, are these players experienced/quality enough to overcome the work permit issue?

I don’t think United World is still interested in the old fashion scouts. 10 years ago that could have been an idea but now Van Winckel should know the league inside out as he is the technical director of Beerschot and should have seen every game in our league. Our former manager is a personal friend and he explained me the scouting system. It’s based on a computer programme and they get data on each professional player all over the world through the programme. There is not much personal scouting anymore. Although I believe a combination of computer data and a scout that closely follows the league will give the best results.
I read an interview with Monchi (Sevilla DoF) once. This is the man whose transfer record is as good as any: to paraphrase it their process was to identify the position requiring improvement, use all available data sources to identify a shortlist of players then scout in person. That seems to me the best way to do things now, surely?

I think this sounds really promising for the future, if we get a manager in who is prepared to look abroad 😊 but to refer to an earlier thread, are these players experienced/quality enough to overcome the work permit issue?
I’m not an expert on the work permit regulation but those are all quality players and the best in their respective teams. My initial list was at the time United was a sub top PL team looking for world class talent with big sell on value. My new list is more for a top championship team and players that could have an impact at that level and would be interested to come. Players from the first list will not go to the championship, they are followed by European top and sub top teams.

It’s based on a computer programme and they get data on each professional player all over the world through the programme. There is not much personal scouting anymore. Although I believe a combination of computer data and a scout that closely follows the league will give the best results.
This is why I find it hilarious when people say that we don't scout overseas. There is data available on every player, in every league in the world (within reason). As you say, 'scouting' in the sense of a couple of old blokes with long sports coats on and a notepad isn't a thing anymore. It's a completely data driven industry and the information is available to anyone willing to pay for it.

This is why I find it hilarious when people say that we don't scout overseas. There is data available on every player, in every league in the world (within reason). As you say, 'scouting' in the sense of a couple of old blokes with long sports coats on and a notepad isn't a thing anymore. It's a completely data driven industry and the information is available to anyone willing to pay for it.
It's available to many people not willing to pay for it too tbh.

Very true, but I’d hope we are not cheapskate enough to not pay for the information if we need it.
No I know from the previous manager that we have a license on one of the top scouting programs. They can watch all matches from any player in the world through the program and have all his data like number of high intensity sprints per game, key passes, interceptions, etc, if the manager of Beerschot has access off course your guys will also have it.

No I know from the previous manager that we have a license on one of the top scouting programs. They can watch all matches from any player in the world through the program and have all his data like number of high intensity sprints per game, key passes, interceptions, etc, if the manager of Beerschot has access off course your guys will also have it.

Makes you wonder if Wilder ever used it

Knowing us we probably just use your licence to save us paying twice 😂

Back
Top Bottom