Tommy Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've just seen your report pal.

I agree about Brooks and Coulibally but I stand by my opinion. Given that Norwood produced nothing from the complete freedom and possession of the ball afforded to him how can anyone say he was worth a mark of 7 out of 10? He produced nothing, absolutely nothing against pathetic opposition. So many times he received the ball and just played a pointless triangle with two defenders when he could have looked forward. He had Archer and Bogle making runs for him at times but he chose to just keep possession which just kept getting recycled around the half way line. Surely we can expect more leadership in incisiveness from somebody like Norwood?

Maybe he's better in the Premier League where he gets less time to think?

Either way, Norwood is going to take us nowhere fast. He's done a great job but we need a more positive approach than his sideway triangles and 'Hollywood' attemps in my opinion. Doyle showed us the way to go imo.

utb
I can recall that Norwood played a substantial amount of balls to accommodate both wing backs and ( especially Bogle) their runs he has two midfielders who when he gives them the ball they pass it back to him their job is to make more positive decisions not bottle it -Brooks was worse than Coulibally and that's saying something. Everytime I have seen Brooks his first touch has been an absolute horror show. Agree that Doyle would be my ideal option more athletic younger more pace etc

This is going to be brought up a lot in future as a stick to beat us with but it wouldn’t have been a £5m deal for us, as we didn’t have to fudge the Nunes numbers.
Exactly mate.

Whilst it was not engineered as a swap deal on paper, that’s what it effectively is.

It’s like if you are bidding for my house and I am then deciding to buy yours.

It’s in everyone’s interest to make the fees as low as possible whilst retaining the disparity.

So I buy your 15m house and you buy my 60m one. Between us we pay all the relevant stamp duties, capital gains taxes and other taxes on 75m.

Or, we rate one at 5m, the other at 50m and we pay the relevant taxes on 55m.

As soon as it became apparent that Wolves had an interest in Doyle, each party gave the other a 10m discount.

I hope we've got someone else lined up as £4.3mil is an absolute steal.
Agreed we’ve massively fooked up on this one , gore me the two outstanding player in the second half of the season were iliman and Doyle , now we haven’t got either , Mcatee is an icing on the cake type of player but Doyle made the team tick

The amount of people who think anyone could have signed him for under 5 million without some form of deal aka Nunes is staggering

This.
There's no way WE would have got him for that price.

Trying to avoid issues with ffp is the reason for the valuations on both transactions. Doyle is also unlikely to get a wage drop on relegation with Wolves either.

Agreed we’ve massively fooked up on this one , gore me the two outstanding player in the second half of the season were iliman and Doyle , now we haven’t got either , Mcatee is an icing on the cake type of player but Doyle made the team tick
In what way do you think we have fucked up? What do you think we should have done differently?

Exactly mate.

Whilst it was not engineered as a swap deal on paper, that’s what it effectively is.

It’s like if you are bidding for my house and I am then deciding to buy yours.

It’s in everyone’s interest to make the fees as low as possible whilst retaining the disparity.

So I buy your 15m house and you buy my 60m one. Between us we pay all the relevant stamp duties, capital gains taxes and other taxes on 75m.

Or, we rate one at 5m, the other at 50m and we pay the relevant taxes on 55m.

As soon as it became apparent that Wolves had an interest in Doyle, each party gave the other a 10m discount.
Are you a teacher lol. Love the explanation !

Good luck Tommy lad great little player would have turned into another cult hero at the lane , will be clapping him when he returns, hope he has a stinker against us tho none of those top bins jobies like !!

Are you a teacher lol. Love the explanation !

Good luck Tommy lad great little player would have turned into another cult hero at the lane , will be clapping him when he returns, hope he has a stinker against us tho none of those top bins jobies like !!
Love him to bits, but I hope he has a stinker every game. Hope he scuttles the Wolves ship.

How did we miss out on buying Doyle, wolves have a 4.3mil option to buy after loan ? Ffs

He's the makeweight in the Nunes deal, which helps Wolves out on FFP.

Citeh are ok on FFP as they've just sold Cole Palmer for £40m, so that's a big credit.

Doyle is worth £15-£20m and that's what we would have had to pay for him. The budget we have is needed for other areas of the team.

Pity as I would have loved to have seen Doyle in the red and white again, but you can't have everything you wish for 🙁

Back
Top Bottom