Outgoing? Tom Cannon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One milestone reached with that goal:

Cannon has now scored more goals for us than Rhian Brewster did.

And it's only taken him half the appearances, more or less.

Brewster: 119 appearances across 5 seasons. 9 goals.
Cannon: 61 appearances across 3 seasons. 10 goals.

Next time he scores, he will have scored as many for us as he did in his "highlights reel" loan at Stoke, and the goal after that will mean he's scored more for us than for any other club in his career. Onwards and upwards ⚔️
Just the £33,5 million spent on those too ….. supposedly!!
 



One milestone reached with that goal:

Cannon has now scored more goals for us than Rhian Brewster did.

And it's only taken him half the appearances, more or less.

Brewster: 119 appearances across 5 seasons. 9 goals.
Cannon: 61 appearances across 3 seasons. 10 goals.

Next time he scores, he will have scored as many for us as he did in his "highlights reel" loan at Stoke, and the goal after that will mean he's scored more for us than for any other club in his career. Onwards and upwards ⚔️
180 apps
19 goals
£33.5 m!
 
One milestone reached with that goal:

Cannon has now scored more goals for us than Rhian Brewster did.

And it's only taken him half the appearances, more or less.

Brewster: 119 appearances across 5 seasons. 9 goals.
Cannon: 61 appearances across 3 seasons. 10 goals.

Next time he scores, he will have scored as many for us as he did in his "highlights reel" loan at Stoke, and the goal after that will mean he's scored more for us than for any other club in his career. Onwards and upwards ⚔️
That's mental. It's also interesting the differing treatment from fans towards the two players. From the views I've read online, many were pretty supportive and sympathetic towards Brewster, while the vast majority have slagged Cannon off. I don't dislike either player, Brewster was a flop for a handful of reasons and Cannon hasn't got his United career going, but I can see promise with him, something I never really saw with Rhian.
 
That's mental. It's also interesting the differing treatment from fans towards the two players. From the views I've read online, many were pretty supportive and sympathetic towards Brewster, while the vast majority have slagged Cannon off. I don't dislike either player, Brewster was a flop for a handful of reasons and Cannon hasn't got his United career going, but I can see promise with him, something I never really saw with Rhian.
I liked Rhian, but it was difficult to really slag him off, his body just kept breaking down. Cannon appears to be a very different character and his body language at times has made him difficult to 'like'; I know it's clichéd to say, but I do think he's a 'confidence' player and needs a bit of an arm round him when things aren't going to plan. I think he can do it.
 
I would happily have taken the money.

That being said, if Peck can play further forward in a 3 with a Phillips as a 6 and Arblaster as a second 8, he might get more service like yesterday where he scored one and took too long on the other.

If we can work on that perhaps we can actually be the team that creates the type of changes that made him a scorer for Stoke.

Much as I really like Bamford, having a 23 year old as your main striker and a 32 year old as an experienced sub is a better aesthetic than the opposite.
 
One milestone reached with that goal:

Cannon has now scored more goals for us than Rhian Brewster did.

And it's only taken him half the appearances, more or less.

Brewster: 119 appearances across 5 seasons. 9 goals.
Cannon: 61 appearances across 3 seasons. 10 goals.

Next time he scores, he will have scored as many for us as he did in his "highlights reel" loan at Stoke, and the goal after that will mean he's scored more for us than for any other club in his career. Onwards and upwards ⚔️
Wow, Brewster really did stink didn't he! Anel scored 12 in 114 from the back to drive home how ineffective Brewster was as a so-called striker, albeit a perennially injured one coming off the bench.

He got 7 in 31 for Derby last season which was his best goalscoring season since he was on loan at Swansea and we chucked stupid money at him. Still hardly sparkling numbers from a forward player but at least shows a modicum of ability as a competent Championship player.

He's still only 26 but I feel like he's got a move abroad to some backwater league waiting in the wings where someone in America/Saudi/maybe Turkey will be daft enough to see the Premier League connection and he bats out the next 5 years at half-pace on decent money once his deal at Derby runs out.
 
Just read the article in The Sheffield Star where our Tom is slagging us fans off. Apparently us fans know nothing about football. Well Tom, my eyes can correctly pick up on a player that can’t be arsed and isn’t putting the effort in. I agree every player had good games and bad but putting effort in is a non negotiable.

He must be emboldened by the three goals he’s plundered this season.
 
Just read the article in The Sheffield Star where our Tom is slagging us fans off. Apparently us fans know nothing about football. Well Tom, my eyes can correctly pick up on a player that can’t be arsed and isn’t putting the effort in. I agree every player had good games and bad but putting effort in is a non negotiable.

He must be emboldened by the three goals he’s plundered this season.

Not to be argumentative lol but your eyes can only assume, none of us will know if player can be arsed or not really

I always assumed Hodges was a lazy fat git who turned up once a month if that, whilst I still think I’m right he probably in reality put more in than that

For record I haven’t read the article and no idea what he has said
 
Just read the article in The Sheffield Star where our Tom is slagging us fans off. Apparently us fans know nothing about football. Well Tom, my eyes can correctly pick up on a player that can’t be arsed and isn’t putting the effort in. I agree every player had good games and bad but putting effort in is a non negotiable.

He must be emboldened by the three goals he’s plundered this season.

This one from our Danny?

 



This one from our Danny?


Pointless is how you’d describe his signing.

Seems someone in the club got excitable that January.

We somehow feel a need to have at least one signing we need to waste time justifying. Only just got rid of Brewster.
 
Last edited:
Pointless is how you’d describe his signing.

Seems someone in the club got excitable that January.

We somehow feel a need to have at least one signing we need to waste time justifying. Only just got rid of Brewster.


Does the article confirm who actually pushed for his signing?
 
Just read the article in The Sheffield Star where our Tom is slagging us fans off. Apparently us fans know nothing about football. Well Tom, my eyes can correctly pick up on a player that can’t be arsed and isn’t putting the effort in. I agree every player had good games and bad but putting effort in is a non negotiable.

He must be emboldened by the three goals he’s plundered this season.
I think the majority of professional footballers are of the opinion that supporters know nothing about the game.

I suppose that mindset helps them to deal with any inevitable criticism, but also disregards the fact that many fans have been watching games of football for more years than they themselves have been alive!
 
Okay, I read the 'article', and my interpretation of what he said wasn't him having a go at fans (our fans in particular) but the toxicity of social media and how anybody can say anything they want about, well, anything really... But especially footballers and their clubs as they are very public figures/entities.

That's my humble opinion anyhoo.
 
I think the majority of professional footballers are of the opinion that supporters know nothing about the game.

I suppose that mindset helps them to deal with any inevitable criticism, but also disregards the fact that many fans have been watching games of football for more years than they themselves have been alive!
And occasionally playing the game to a decent standard for longer.
 
Surely it makes sense to get behind our big-money striker who is only 23 and has a very good scoring record.

He has comfortably been our best striker this season. In two starts he scored twice, created goals and won a penalty, yet Wilder would rather play an injured Patrick Bamford ahead of him.

Cannon is bang on as well. Why should he concern himself with people online who are ready to get on his back at every opportunity?

We should have learned from Brewster. Did constantly getting on his back actually help him?

Some of the comments around Tom Cannon are incredibly boring. He has been good this season and, for me, he should be starting every game as the main No. 9.

Two goals in two starts, assists, a penalty won — then Wilder benches him. Make it make sense.
 
Does the article confirm who actually pushed for his signing?
I’m afraid the Star’s pay wall is too rich for me Sean!

I seemed to recall at the time the Board may have suggested it and Wilder didn't exactly knock it back.

Though there were other reports saying Wilder had been tracking him.

Some will say Wilder didn’t want him and the club paid 10m. Others will say he did and it was closer to 6 or 7m.

He probably knows he’s not made a good impression. That being said, his manager drops him when he’s on scoring form so that probably hasn’t helped the lad.
 
I think the majority of professional footballers are of the opinion that supporters know nothing about the game.

I suppose that mindset helps them to deal with any inevitable criticism, but also disregards the fact that many fans have been watching games of football for more years than they themselves have been alive!
But some of the fans who have been watching football for decades post on forums and show themselves to be clueless. I exclude the people who have played at a decent level from that observation, and there are a few of them on here.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom