Tom Cairney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure how credible this website is but it wouldn't surprise me with big slav being at Fulham before big yes from me

If Dean Jones (who he?) has confirmed it, what else do you need to know? Apart from his source, obviously 🙂

Strange that no one mentioned it before eh?!

This type of signing is the reason why Wednesday are where they are.

Agree that Wednesday have squandered a shit load of coin chasing the dream on ageing overrated players but it's not a case of looking at what they did and tarring all potential signings for Utd for experienced players with the same brush. Each signing should be considered on its own individual merit and isnt like for like comparable.

Cairney is potentially an outstanding championship player, still only 30, and is a natural leader. I think he would be perfect for us next season. More importantly though its what out new manager thinks that matters. We'll see either way.

Strange that no one mentioned it before eh?!
Looked and couldn't find anything when I searched Tom Cairney always one that plays admin for no reason.

Agree that Wednesday have squandered a shit load of coin chasing the dream on ageing overrated players but it's not a case of looking at what they did and tarring all potential signings for Utd for experienced players with the same brush. Each signing should be considered on its own individual merit and isnt like for like comparable.

Cairney is potentially an outstanding championship player, still only 30, and is a natural leader. I think he would be perfect for us next season. More importantly though its what out new manager thinks that matters. We'll see either way.
There’s no doubting his quality but when you factor in the high fee and wages, the zero resale value, the fact he suffered a serious knee injury as recently as last season. I think it would be a reckless signing that I wouldn’t want to see the club make.

As good as tom cairney is, you can’t be spending that sort of money in the championship on a 30 year old with a recent history of long term injury. Quality player but what happens if we spend big on him and then he’s out for the season 5 games in. No resale value either
I thought that,10 mill is a lot but I saying that I think he'd be worth it

Not much older than fleck,in my opinion flecks form as gone downhill recently,could he replace fleck absolutely but he could also be a part of the midfield with fleck depending on big Slavs formation,it could just be internet talk but I certainly wouldn't say no to the signing unless it's 10 million out of our budget then it's a 50-50 gamble

Not much older than fleck,in my opinion flecks form as gone downhill recently,could he replace fleck absolutely but he could also be a part of the midfield with fleck depending on big Slavs formation,it could just be internet talk but I certainly wouldn't say no to the signing unless it's 10 million out of our budget then it's a 50-50 gamble
If we want to replace/challenge Fleck then Mowatt is available with no fee. Makes loads more sense than Cairney and he ticks all the boxes I mentioned in the post above.
I can’t see us parting with £10m for any player in the EFL in the summer.

Mowatt first choice cairney off the bench it's sounds good already,what's Jerry yeates up to these days i don't watch efl that much but when I do he always seems to get a mention

i very much doubt we would pay 10m for cairney but we might go in at 6 or 7m with the rest paid only if we get promoted or even a season long loan with a view to buy

i very much doubt we would pay 10m for cairney but we might go in at 6 or 7m with the rest paid only if we get promoted

i very much doubt we would pay 10m for cairney but we might go in at 6 or 7m with the rest paid only if we get promoted or even a season long loan with a view to buy
Sounds good that,maybe that's what we are looking at

Really hope it isn’t true. Great player who would improve us no doubt but but he’s 3 months older than Norwood who many consider to be past it.

whilst hypocritically I’d be over the moon with signing Sessonsausage I’d hope Slav has a bit more about him than let’s get the band back together.

there is an argument for throwing money at a quick return, signing established promotion winners who know how to get it done but then I feel that there is a rebuild to be done 12 months later if it works and even if it doesn’t because it’s not sustainable to keep it up for a second year of championship football.

id very much like us to be looking at a blend younger and older foreign players, on lower wages, with lower valuations who will come in add something to the squad

Back
Top Bottom