Today's ref

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know it would make little difference, but this has really pissed me off. How can they check both our goals for 5mins which were clearly onside and not check this?
Wait, what the actual fuck? No goal-line technology?

Edit: fair enough if another angle has confirmed it

Oh dear
If folk dont understand this quota system, or perhaps haven’t experienced it in other areas of their own working life…then be assured it is a thing.

nearly ALL public sector departments have minimum numbers of jobs to fill with ethnic minorities, females, sexual orientation and so on.
It’s been the case for years and affords those minorities a “leg up” in many cases, or even not allowing white males to apply in some cases.
I recall such a policy in policing at one force being challenged and found to be racist and exclusionary, was well documented in the media.

It seems the FA and PGMOL have introduced a similar policy.
Sadly, while good in theory it does more harm than good if the persons promoted/employed aren’t good enough, for obvious reasons it undermines the policy and produces poor results.

It seems the theory that employment be based on ability is out the window. Maybe those questioning the poster as being racist or bigoted (which the comment wasn’t in any way if you know how racism is defined) should consider whether they think such a policy is a good idea when they are faced with someone in a critical that isn’t competent.
It’s a shame that in modern society everyone cannot be treated equally regardless of what box they tick, and if I was one who ticked a box different to white male I certainly would t want to have anyone thinking I’ve got a gig over someone better qualified or suited, I’d be embarrassed.
Earn it seems to be a thing of the past.

But he was crap. That’s a fact.
Great post imo

I do consultancy work at one or two of the worlds top organisations - some have quotas to achieve re the above you mention . I have spoke to managers who have said that if the choice is between a man / female (as an example) they have been instructed to choose the female . Apply this to the rest of the groups you mention .

Oh dear

Great post imo

I do consultancy work at one or two of the worlds top organisations - some have quotas to achieve re the above you mention . I have spoke to managers who have said that if the choice is between a man / female (as an example) they have been instructed to choose the female . Apply this to the rest of the groups you mention .

I do consultancy as well. Yeah, quotas. To even make a quota, you have to be qualified. There is an inherent bias, but it’s not like qualifications, relevant experience and expertise don’t hold significantly more weighting than whether or not you have a dick or the colour of your skin. You’re chatting out you’re fucking arse. ESG and inclusivity are fucking important for businesses now, but it’s not like HR dance around a fucking maypole and think they’re all in check because some female or asian, completely unqualified has made them hit quotas. There is diverse talent out there, but the fucking old-school mentality, and your Daily Mail esque stories make it sound like there’s a massive skill shortage difference between a white male and every fucker else.

I do consultancy as well. Yeah, quotas. To even make a quota, you have to be qualified. There is an inherent bias, but it’s not like qualifications, relevant experience and expertise don’t hold significantly more weighting than whether or not you have a dick or the colour of your skin. You’re chatting out you’re fucking arse. ESG and inclusivity are fucking important for businesses now, but it’s not like HR dance around a fucking maypole and think they’re all in check because some female or asian, completely unqualified has made them hit quotas. There is diverse talent out there, but the fucking old-school mentality, and your Daily Mail esque stories make it sound like there’s a massive skill shortage difference between a white male and every fucker else.
I meant that the qualifying criteria is met but if the choice is hard to make - choose the female .

Main issue people have with minorities, “they don’t assimilate enough into our culture”. Which is a valid criticism.

But when they do. Like having an asian referee. Unheard of 10 years ago. It’s still not good enough.

I meant that the qualifying criteria is met but if the choice is hard to make - choose the female .

What’s the problem? If a team is predominately male. It’s a culture that is quite rightly changing. Prior to this, sexism could’ve been left unchecked, un or conscious racism, again, left unchecked. So now. It takes away that bias. A lot of it is, subliminal, ie the hirers don’t know they are being bias. Wrote articles on this. Some admit to it. It’s the same with social class. It’s good, it’s good that we’re allowing inclusivity. It doesn’t mean the man is the enemy, it means, for too long you’ve had an unfair advantage. Now you don’t.

I know it would make little difference, but this has really pissed me off. How can they check both our goals for 5mins which were clearly onside and not check this?
Is that for real life? If so, for that not to be checked, when there's specific technology available to do so is outrageous.

Edit. Seen other posts now suggesting not over the line

What?? Apart from unnecessary yellows, falling for their diving antics, stopping the game for the slightest contact. Then later in the game he started letting everything go, one of the worst reffing performances I've seen in a long time.

To be fair the ref didn't affect the result one bit though, couple of dodgy yellows but the pens were both correct decisions. They play acted but all good premier league teams do, like it or not its part of the game at that level.

At the end of the day we were played off the park and 5 2 flattered us, our manager and the majority of the team are as much out of their depth at this level as the ref was

who is the ref for Palace?

Or are we just letting Roy Hodgson do it and have Ron Noades and Steve Coppell as assistants?

May as well!

The referee was bloody useless.
he tried to referee from within the centre circle
allowed them to get away with blatant cheating
had no idea of man management, which is how referees are respected, see his booking for Anel
first was never a penalty.
yes we would have lost anyway but as entertainment it was spoiled by the referee and VAR

Thought he booked Anel, after he had been fouled ( elbowed ) by their guy, ref ignored it and Anel continued his protestations by chasing the ref. The muppet waved his card at someone

Where is this debate, exactly? On Matt Le Tissier's timeline?

I can't believe how much fans go on about refs. Who gives a fuck? Where they're from, why they're there, where they're from, or even whether they're any good?

oH sO yOu DoNt CaRe AbOuT sHeFfIeLd UnItEd BeInG sHaFtEd

No, I don't. It's pure victim mentality.
What has race discussions got to do with Matt Le Tissier?

What, where they were completely untouched?

Foul given against Hamer in the 1st half on our left wing about 20 yards out.
Hamer backed out of challenge so as not to make contact, Brighton player collapsed to the ground and referee gives a free.
Hamer was genuinely baffled re. the decision.

Back
Top Bottom