Times Article - Infuriating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People are entitled to their opinion. But if you disagree with someone elses opinion the way to respond isn't by being abusive. He said I leave clues which may or may not be difficult to interpret. I think that's a fair comment.
The thing is though anyone on here could just start posting cryptic comments and pretend they know something. Nothing you’ve said proves that you know any more than anyone else.

What about trying to sell us to criminals?! Was that not a clue?!
Stop having a go at the Prince ffs

He was suffering from anxiety , and so were members of his family during last years promotion season

And no wonder , having to wait until Dozys £2m cleared so he could pay the heating bills and gloriously lead us out of embargo , it must have been crushing .

Bless

We all have to be thankful that he felt much much better after that and could make it to the Promotion party v WBA and the Wembley semi final showcase v Man City .

I’m starting to get a little concerned again because we haven’t seen him since ,other than on fan podcasts where he’s controlling the agenda .

I do hope that things aren’t getting on top of him again - he doesn’t need nasty fans like you having a go at him , or hurtful newspaper articles suggesting he’s useless , out of his depth , negligent, complicit, clueless , deluded , has no strategy for the club , and is blindly in denial as he miss manages one of the worst ever contributions to world top league football in history ,whilst dragging the name of a once proud club , that he loves by the way , through the gutter, and that has now become a laughing stock and the focus of ridicule by all aspects of media , and supporters of other clubs .

He needs our understanding and love and I for one hopes he gets all he truly deserves as our saviour , leader and guardian

Stop having a go at the Prince ffs

He was suffering from anxiety , and so were members of his family during last years promotion season

And no wonder , having to wait until Dozys £2m cleared so he could pay the heating bills and gloriously lead us out of embargo must have been crushing .

Bless

We all have to be thankful that he felt much much better after that and could make it to the Promotion party v WBA and the Wembley semi final showcase v Man City .

I’m starting to get a little concerned again because we haven’t seen him since ,other than on fan podcasts where he’s controlling the agenda .

I do hope that things aren’t getting on top of him again - he doesn’t need nasty fans like you having a go at him , or hurtful newspaper articles suggesting he’s useless , out of his depth , negligent, complicit, clueless , deluded , has no strategy for the club , and is blindly in denial as he miss manages one of the worst ever contributions to world top league football in history ,whilst dragging the name of a once proud club , that he loves by the way , through the gutter, and that has now become a laughing stock and the focus of ridicule by all aspects of media , and supporters of other clubs .

He needs our understanding and love and I for one hopes he gets all he truly deserves as our saviour , leader and guardian
That comma to word ratio is elite

#prayforprince

Berge did see the writing on the wall,he specifically referenced the 'problems' at the club without going into any details shortly after signing,and while those problems remain,how many other players are going to say thanks but no thanks when we try to recruit this summer?
Nothing would surprise me in terms of how many leave /reject contract offers.

Rarely a dull moment being a Blade and more but not all will be revealed in May.

Little wonder perhaps that Wilder once rejected the idea of a warts n all behind the scenes doco.

More drama than than you can shake a stick at.🙄🤪

Only someone a bit daft would say everything is fine Baltic.

But with respect, some of the stuff you put on here is like the clues on the old game show 321. They say a lot and nothing at all at the same time.

No offence intended, just how it reads that’s all
You know exactly how it goes. Ted Rogers has a huge grin on his chops. You’ve won the holiday, or the car, you know it in your bones this is your time.

”Well Blades, you chose this prize. ‘Promotion is yours, and you will get Ndiaye to sign a new contract, plus you’ll keep Berge and sign some decent players and make a right old go of the new season, ending up well clear of the relegation places and well situated for another successful Premier League campaign in a year’s time, and won’t be looking at relegation at all, oh dear me no.’

So is it the luxury holiday to Torremolinos, or the brand new Ford Fiesta Popular Plus, with radio cassette player AND pop-up sunshine roof? Let’s look at the clues.

’Promotion was indeed yours, and Ndiaye was sold, as was Berge. And making a right old go of it could be taken either way, and it was, you played like old men trying to find the toilet in the dark, and the next year‘s campaign will be a right old struggle in the Championship.’

So here’s your prize, and it’s not the promised land, it’s Dusty Bin!”

Cheers Ted. And lose that jacket, you look a bigger twat than Oliver Burke.

IMG_0141.jpeg

The Prince talking to Wilder while Hecky was still manager was the thing that made me realise this is a bloke that we can't trust.

Are you being serious?
According to Simon Jordan (ex owner of Crystal Palace) it's what all good owners do and is very common.
Jordan said he regularly spoke to players, managers and agents regards availability before even thinking about the contract stage.
Jim White said "isn't that called tapping up". Jordan replied "stop being naive, it goes on all the time".
He also explained that you can't make an effective decision until you know what options you have.

It's called "pre-planning", so you're always keep an open mind and sound out alternatives and improvements.
It's not about trust, it's about striving to improve......it's business and expected.

Also Hecky or Wilder would have no issue with the owner looking at alternatives. It's their prerogative, no need to feel sorry for managers (Hecky or Wilder) because if the owner brings in someone new, it's usually expensive and those sacked managers receive a big pay-off.

Last edited:
Its messy, but I can't believe that Berge was sold totally under Hecky's nose. I believe he was aware that the club was willing to sell at the right price - and I have no doubt he wasn't thrilled by it, and the deal moved quickly which no doubt pissed him off.

Taking the Berge money and buying Hamer makes long term sense for this club. Its not worked out this year, we can only judge what happens in the next few years as to whether it was the right call.

Berge wasn't enough to keep us up (I don't think anyone believes that). Having Hamer either as a saleable asset to balance the books or as the lynchpin of the team next year puts us in a much better position than Berge walking away for free.
I do agree in some respects, but as the article states the damage it did to those players around the squad was measurable, was it enough that it caused what we’re seeing in todays squad definitely not, out of the 2 yes he should have been the one to go, but it should have been handled better, with more professionalism, more respect and more thought.
I never liked Hecky but he should have been in the loop until the bitter end, it’s disrespectful and shows how you are valued within your organisation and this undoubtedly would have made Hecky question exactly what he was doing at the club even back then.

Are you being serious?
According to Simon Jordan (ex owner of Crystal Palace) it's what all good owners do and is very common.
Jordan said he regularly spoke to players, managers and agents regards availability before even thinking about the contract stage.
Jim White said "isn't that called tapping up". Jordan replied "stop being naive, it goes on all the time".
He also explained that you can't make an effective decision until you know what options you have.

It's called "pre-planning", so you're always keep an open mind and sound out alternatives and improvements.
It's not about trust, it's about striving to improve......it's business and expected.

Also Hecky or Wilder would have no issue with the owner looking at alternatives. It's their prerogative, no need to feel sorry for managers (Hecky or Wilder) because if the owner brings in someone new, it's usually expensive and those sacked managers receive a big pay-off.

Yes I'm being serious. Just because Simon Jordan says it's OK does not mean that I think the same.

We should all make up our own minds about these things and just because someone in the game says 'it goes on all the time' doesn't prevent me thinking it's wrong.

Hecky was the team coach. The motivator. Who motivates the Motivator. Well certainly not the Prince.

Are you being serious?

Jim White was, of course, correct. It is tapping up. Simon Jordan was of course also correct. it goes on all the time, and as everyone does it, it rarely gets anything done about it.

Southampton complained about Liverpool re Van Dijk and kept him for an extra 5 months and got more money because of doing so.

Marseille's behaviour was so outrageous we should have done the same to them IMHO, but that's water under the bridge now.

Jordan of course came into football trying to run it as a business like any other and failed miserably. He learned the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom