Ticketing survey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does the ticket point system need replacement

• Total voters
So if I've had a season ticket for 32 years consecutively, sat through a lot of utter shit including 6 years in L1, been to 100's of away and cup games, and spent an absolute fortune over they years, I should get my points taken off me because someone who's attended for the past 5 years doesn't like it and wants first dibs on Prem tickets? Does anyone understand what loyalty actually is? Get lost!

So if I've had a season ticket for 32 years consecutively, sat through a lot of utter shit including 6 years in L1, been to 100's of away and cup games, and spent an absolute fortune over they years, I should get my points taken off me because someone who's attended for the past 5 years doesn't like it and wants first dibs on Prem tickets? Does anyone understand what loyalty actually is? Get lost!
You should get a generalised priority, but the current situation is a joke. Your feelings aren't more important than
1. The growth of the club
2. Us being able to take a respectable crowd to wembley rather than be shown up time and time again.

A generalised priority for away matches and a season ticket guaranteeing you a seat is enough, the world doesn't owe you a favour. Loyalty should be rewarded but you're not the only fans and not everyone has the same situation in terms of free time, location and finance.

The biggest problem is clearly the issue of customer numbers being used to buy tickets and someone else attending the match.

This would be very easy to stop, just make say 100 tickets collection only with photo ID at the stadium on the day of the game. If the ticket doesn’t get collected or cancelled prior to the game, then a black mark is placed on this account and no future tickets will be sold until the account holder in question shows ID at the ticket office.

It’s just a case of if United are arsed enough to pay a few members of staff to travel to an away match and sort out the collection point etc.
Why not just introduce biometric turnstiles.

The issue to me is not the system but the amount of tickets available for away fans. Give a proper away allocation and you stop all this. People on here have talked about it not being an issue so much in our first season back in the Prem and that was because we regularly got allocations of 4K/5K/6K. Now you get 3000 if your lucky. Most clubs give less due to segregation. I remember regularly going to Hillsborough when we got both tiers of their Leppings Lane End. I'd have no chance now as I dont go to enough away games to qualify based on the allocation we would get for just the top tier. Clubs should have to give a minimum of 10% so we'd get 6K for Spurs, 7K for Man U. Problem solved!

You should get a generalised priority, but the current situation is a joke. Your feelings aren't more important than
2. Us being able to take a respectable crowd to wembley rather than be shown up time and time again.

It's definitely the higher points brackets attendees fault that we didn't sell out at Wembley, scumbags 🤣

It's definitely the higher points brackets attendees fault that we didn't sell out at Wembley, scumbags 🤣
As someone else has mentioned, its more about general sale only letting fans (who may very well be passionate fans and love the club but can't afford to attend regularly both in terms of money and time) purchase 1 ticket and only in the last few days before the match.

That absolutely does affect it, its more me pushing back against fans with loads of loyalty points being against changing that.

At no point have I said that people who've been buying tickets for a longer shouldn't be prioritised for their loyalty.

We're a medium sized football club in a big city, lets be careful about the ways we make it a 'closed shop'

That absolutely does affect it, its more me pushing back against fans with loads of loyalty points being against changing that.

They were pushing back about theirs being taken away, rather than wanting to stop more chance of general sale though. I think you’d struggle to find anyone with decent amounts of historic loyalty points suggesting we shouldn’t have made it easy for general sale. The same with the countless games since the system came in that haven’t sold out.

We’ve also returned Wembley tickets on multiple occasions, loyalty points system or not.

They were pushing back about theirs being taken away, rather than wanting to stop more chance of general sale though. I think you’d struggle to find anyone with decent amounts of historic loyalty points suggesting we shouldn’t have made it easy for general sale. The same with the countless games since the system came in that haven’t sold out.

We’ve also returned Wembley tickets on multiple occasions, loyalty points system or not.
Then we're not really disagreeing that much and yeah, general sale fans being allowed to buy more tickets each won't change the fact that as fanbase we are so over these 'big matches'. Aren't

Cup semis and play off finals just aren't that big or rare for us anymore and obviously we always fucking lose. So maybe I over reacted on that point

A generalised priority for away matches and a season ticket guaranteeing you a seat is enough, the world doesn't owe you a favour. Loyalty should be rewarded but you're not the only fans and not everyone has the same situation in terms of free time, location and finance.
Exactly
Season ticket holders still get first dibs with or without the stupid loyalty points fiasco.

Luton, Coventry, Pigs, Barnsley, let's see how many empty seats there are at these games. None of these clubs is as well supported as us but all of their fans and more besides will be able to get tickets without the shit that the casual United fan has to put up with

I agree that the Wembley ticketing was ridiculous, something which I've highlighted in my response to the questionnaire sent by the club. That's got absolutely nothing do with my point though - the decision over how Wembley tickets were allocated was very strange given the amount available. As an aside though, that's not why we didn't sell out. That is more down to the cost of the ticket and the fact we were playing Man City therefore virtually nailed on for the loss.

No the world doesn't "owe me a favour", but personally I think SUFC does. I'm all for increasing the amount of tickets available in the ballot system, maybe to even more than 20%, but I don't agree with penalising those with the most points accrued over many years, through spending many pounds!

No, not everyone does have the same free time, location or finance. Obviously I don't go to work, live next door to all away matches and I'm absolutely loaded, just like everyone else who is in the upper points brackets. Or have I stupidly used holiday time, travelled a lot, and spent money I haven't got on blindly supporting our club? People who are complaining seem to want to make out like higher points holders are some kind of different breed of fan more akin to a Chelsea or Arsenal supporter, or like some loyalty points oligarch! Can you see how frustrating that is to people who've been putting their hard earned money and time into SUFC for many years? And why we might kick back somewhat? As for buying tickets to sell on... this is something I've never done and never would do!!

Incidentally, my partner is a Wednesday season ticket holder of 30 odd years. Despite their much lauded (on this thread) points system, he can never get away tickets either.

The issue to me is not the system but the amount of tickets available for away fans. Give a proper away allocation and you stop all this. People on here have talked about it not being an issue so much in our first season back in the Prem and that was because we regularly got allocations of 4K/5K/6K. Now you get 3000 if your lucky.

Why would visiting clubs, the vast majority of which could sell out twice their capacity, give away fans a single ticket more than what they are required to do?

Why not just stop giving points for away matches once the supporter has over a certain amount

Why not a system where loyalty points are gained for things which demonstrate loyalty (season tickets, early round cup games, memberships, club shop purchases, etc) and spent for those where demand outstrips supply (away games, sell-out games, etc)?

We could then use that to prioritise purchases, so if you want to be in the first purchase tier for Luton away (for example), you have to spend a larger number of your points than if you're happy to wait a bit and chance on what is left over.

This system then advantages holders of large numbers of points for a period, as they'll have more to be able to spend on earlier availability, but equalises over time as those become spent.

Hope the latest club message does not mean we're heading for needlessy low crowds v Fulham and the like on cold Tuesday nights. and stop us getting any new season ticket holders to help us grow the club for future years

"Depending on any remaining availability, details of any sale of further season tickets will be released in due course."

May have to keep a few back for match day sale but surely we don't have to keep 5,000 plus back? Shortsighted if we're just doing it to fleece fans with higher match day ticket prices. Every single season ticket we are allowed to sell should be sold and surely the Kop issue is better solved by selling those 2,000 plus spare seats as season tickets

I had a season ticket between 1987 and 2012 and between 1990 and 2006 went to around 10 away games a season, some seasons rarely missed a game. Would have had shed loads of points now had the scheme scheme been introduced in the 80s. However the current scheme would have stopped me attending most of those games if I was starting to watch United now, and that in the long run is not good for the fan base.

What was the rational behind the scheme being introduced, I don't recall it being a problem if away games being sold out after ST holders having a period to get tickets 1st

Anyone who was at Palace at home in 1987 and is still alive should get first dibs on any tickets ever.

Why would visiting clubs, the vast majority of which could sell out twice their capacity, give away fans a single ticket more than what they are required to do?
Of course they wouldn’t willing do it. The league need to impose a 10% rule on clubs like they do in the fa cup. This 3000 limit and allowable restrictions is daft. Man U were given just 2300 for the Chelsea game last night. I can see this becoming smaller over the years until there are barely no away fans at games. It’s what the powers that be want. Will be very easy to police then.

Was at both of them so I’m alright Jack
Me too
Loyalty points demonstrates loyalty from 2006-07

Unfortunately it is also around about the time when our support became a bunch of pricks,
"Siddarn", "shurrup", "officer, he keeps standing up"

I had a season ticket between 1987 and 2012 and between 1990 and 2006 went to around 10 away games a season, some seasons rarely missed a game. Would have had shed loads of points now had the scheme scheme been introduced in the 80s. However the current scheme would have stopped me attending most of those games if I was starting to watch United now, and that in the long run is not good for the fan base.

What was the rational behind the scheme being introduced, I don't recall it being a problem if away games being sold out after ST holders having a period to get tickets 1st
The loyalty point system stopped the system of 'if you queued early enough you got a ticket'( the sale of the cup tickets at Blackburn whilst fans were at Southampton being a prime example)
in principle i am fine with a points system but for me,you shouldnt get points for a season ticket(you get a big discount anyway) and you shouldnt get points for an away game unless it goes to general sale. Rolling 5 years doesnt work at the moment as it penalises those who followed the team in the L1 years ( 500 to Southend 350 to Gillingham anyone for midweek games ?)but i do think that the ballot for away ticket should be for 25% of the allocation

I filled in the survey.

Having got over 70K loyalty points I said it is absolutely fine as it is and nothing should change.

I've now filled the survey in 734 times
Yes I received it and I have 88,000 points so cant see any reason to change it !!

Back
Top Bottom