Ticket prices

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They didn't say that though did they. They said it might not be a bargain, which is affected by your ability to pay.

I might think (insert your car of choice here) is a bargain despite being in no position to buy a car

I might think (insert your car of choice here) is a bargain despite being in no position to buy a car
You might, but what you consider a bargain might also be affected by your ability to pay.

Reasonable sprinkling of tickets still available for Sunday, a match which should be one of the most attractive of the season.
They're priced between £42 and £47 pounds, which is simply too much particularly in a cost of living crisis. Given the TV income we don't need to charge this amount and it's disappointing some fans are being priced out.
I get the supply and demand argument and maybe the remainder will go but those prices are still too high.
Pigs announced their tickets v Ipswich today. £46 the most expensive.

#perspective

Chansiri lowered their prices in league 1, they‘ve been cheaper than us in recent seasons.
Last season we had some of the highest pay on the day prices in the entire EFL.

Regards high pay on the day prices the other side of the argument is.
The high match day prices for a United and Wednesday has meant record season ticket sales for both clubs.
Thats why both SU and SW are getting decent average gates because every ST holder is automatically included in the attendance figure.

The logic is….if you want to go to matches……then pay up front and the prices are reasonably cheap at both clubs.
If you don‘t buy a season ticket then it works out quite expensive packing and choosing matches.

The issue at SWFC is they go on sale just after Christmas and altho the early bird price makes them cheap-ish.
if you delay even season tickets keep increasing in price the longer you delay it…..it’s a form of blackmail.
what if you cant afford a season ticket even with uniteds fantastic low prices or through work or other reasons the price is too high for matchday tickets

Reasonable sprinkling of tickets still available for Sunday, a match which should be one of the most attractive of the season.
They're priced between £42 and £47 pounds, which is simply too much particularly in a cost of living crisis. Given the TV income we don't need to charge this amount and it's disappointing some fans are being priced out.
I get the supply and demand argument and maybe the remainder will go but those prices are still too high.
You get £1 off if you're a member 😎

Football's been gentrified, but not to the same extent as other sports. It's too working class to get away with it, especially in the North. If you look at the huge clubs the prices are absurd though. That's fucked - probably forever.

I go to theatre and live tennis and it's become noticeable how the price differential for traditional upper class pursuits like that aren't that much different to football prices now. A Wimbledon centre court ticket for the opening round was £80 iirc. To see Murray in Nottingham was £20-30 (quarters). Three or four matches with world class players back to back at Wimbledon btw; lesser players in Nottingham but a full days entertainment in both cases, not 90 minutes.
Theatre make it possible to obtain good tickets for £20-50. I see there's now an imported system (from America) for gig tickets where the market dictates the price. High demand gig tickets going for much more than the historical prices for the same artists (hundreds of pounds). Horrible.

Football should make it more affordable for the working classes? Every £ going in the game is just making football players richer. The £30 away ticket cap in the Prem is a decent start.

Last edited:
Football's been gentrified, but not to the same extent as other sports. It's too working class to get away with it. If you look at the huge clubs the prices are absurd though. That's fucked - probably forever.

I go to theatre and live tennis and it's become noticeable how the price differential for traditional upper class pursuits like that aren't that much different to football prices now. A Wimbledon centre court ticket for the opening round was £80 iirc. To see Murray in Nottingham was £20-30 (quarters). Three or four matches with world class players back to back at Wimbledon btw; lesser players in Nottingham but a full days entertainment in both cases, not 90 minutes.
Theatre make it possible to obtain good tickets for £30-50. I see there's now an imported system (from America) for gig tickets where the market dictates the price. High demand gig tickets going for much more than the historical prices for the same artists (hundreds of pounds). Horrible.

Football should make it more affordable for the working classes? Every £ going in the game is just making football players richer. The £30 away ticket cap in the Prem is a decent start.
mate of mine went to the womens semi finals at wimbledon £ 280 a ticket 😳

mate of mine went to the womens semi finals at wimbledon £ 280 a ticket 😳

The prices for week two jump a lot. If you are happy going in week one and aren't bothered about seeing the huge names you can go in any outside court all day for about £20. Just turn up on the day.The more interesting matches in week one tend to happen on the outside courts so it's my preference really .If you want a show court ticket, before the semis is much better value for money. You'll see the superstars for cheaper and get more matches.Semi/final tickets are more about the size of the match/occasion.

Reading this thread I thought there were loads left. Just looked I think original discription was correct. Vast majority are single seats dotted around the stadium. I think kop is single seats only and anything not single seat in BLUT is restricted view. A couple of hundred at most in total.

If I buy a ticket for the BL upper why do I have to pay 50% more than a Man City fan sat in the same stand? Surely if £31 is too much for away fans it should be the same for home fans
Regardless of home ticket prices all away fans pay £30
To go in the ballot for home tickets at arsenal you have to be a member and expect to pay £ 70-100 for man citeh game

Full prices: https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/ticket_prices.html

A semi ticket was £220

Something I've noticed more locally is how expensive World Championship Snooker ticket are these days. They've gone up a lot under the Hearns.
Yes, snooker tickets have got up by a big margin in the last four or 5 years. I used to go regularly without thinking but didn't go this year. I hope United think about single match ticket prices although to watch the team that has won the treble is worth it, especially when the Blades beat them! Pep's in Spain. no de Bruyne or John Stones - they are there for the taking. Wonder if we will introduce our new signings - Archer, Doyle and McAtee before the start. One can dream.

If I want to watch my team play at home against the best team in the world in the NFL, the cheapest ticket would set me back $250 (just shy of £200). If I want a half decent seat, it's close to double that. Sorry if you're skint just before payday, but less than £50 to watch the best team in the world is not too much, it's a bargain
Costs me close to £250 notes to watch Dem Blades at home as well mate
Granted that includes plane , train , ticket and ale
Euros into sterling is the real killer

Problem is if you want success in the premiership, you have to pay. Unfortunately this so called FFP does not seem to be working or possibly is starting to as being shown by situation with Villa, who by the way have a bigger crowd capacity than us. Along with Wolves, who are probably the nearest to us in fan base and a warning for us to heed.
it will be interesting to see how our football develops in the next 10 years, as the the financial backers that bank roll certain clubs, football develops in there own countries.
Maybe our approach in the long term may be to our advantage, or heck nearly forgot it seems we weren’t short of seemingly going into administration earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom