Ticket prices

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pedro's Winger

Reaction score
Reasonable sprinkling of tickets still available for Sunday, a match which should be one of the most attractive of the season.
They're priced between £42 and £47 pounds, which is simply too much particularly in a cost of living crisis. Given the TV income we don't need to charge this amount and it's disappointing some fans are being priced out.
I get the supply and demand argument and maybe the remainder will go but those prices are still too high.

Why is Newcastle Cat A? Are they really that big a draw to people right now?

It's been a horrendous time for retail & e-commerce, the worst month in about 18.

Tomorrow is payday, so I presume a lot will have been waiting to purchase on Friday/Saturday.

Should be a sell-out.

No they're not and that's why that one will no where near sell out in my opinion, far far overpriced.
I agree. I know they've got their new money and a better squad but they're not exactly brimming with superstars to attract the more casual/neutral fan

i still think our matchday pricing is too high but when you compare it to swillsbro its great value those mugs over in s6 will pay owt tunaman charges em oh and though we will have lost our first 3 sunday afternoon they will have lost their first 4 by 5 o clock saturday utb fto

Reasonable sprinkling of tickets still available for Sunday, a match which should be one of the most attractive of the season.
They're priced between £42 and £47 pounds, which is simply too much particularly in a cost of living crisis. Given the TV income we don't need to charge this amount and it's disappointing some fans are being priced out.
I get the supply and demand argument and maybe the remainder will go but those prices are still too high.
DO NOT AGREE. We are far from being the dearest, although I agree with the sentiment of keeping them low.

Leeds v SWFC adults are £47, 65 and over is £32, our age concession starts at age 60, its brilliant.
SWFC V Ipswich adults are £39 on top, £45 North stand, and £51 south stand, these prices for none members.

DO NOT AGREE. We are far from being the dearest, although I agree with the sentiment of keeping them low.

Leeds v SWFC adults are £47, 65 and over is £32, our age concession starts at age 60, its brilliant.
SWFC V Ipswich adults are £39 on top, £45 North stand, and £51 south stand, these prices for none members.

Chansiri lowered their prices in league 1, they‘ve been cheaper than us in recent seasons.
Last season we had some of the highest pay on the day prices in the entire EFL.

Regards high pay on the day prices the other side of the argument is.
The high match day prices for a United and Wednesday has meant record season ticket sales for both clubs.
Thats why both SU and SW are getting decent average gates because every ST holder is automatically included in the attendance figure.

The logic is….if you want to go to matches……then pay up front and the prices are reasonably cheap at both clubs.
If you don‘t buy a season ticket then it works out quite expensive packing and choosing matches.

The issue at SWFC is they go on sale just after Christmas and altho the early bird price makes them cheap-ish.
if you delay even season tickets keep increasing in price the longer you delay it…..it’s a form of blackmail.

Didn't say we were the dearest, I said it's too much.
Other clubs charging stupid prices as well makes no difference to the general point and in our case we've got even less excuse given the additional tv revenue.

If I want to watch my team play at home against the best team in the world in the NFL, the cheapest ticket would set me back $250 (just shy of £200). If I want a half decent seat, it's close to double that. Sorry if you're skint just before payday, but less than £50 to watch the best team in the world is not too much, it's a bargain

If I want to watch my team play at home against the best team in the world in the NFL, the cheapest ticket would set me back $250 (just shy of £200). If I want a half decent seat, it's close to double that. Sorry if you're skint just before payday, but less than £50 to watch the best team in the world is not too much, it's a bargain
Yes but Americans are stupid

Chansiri lowered their prices in league 1, they‘ve been cheaper than us in recent seasons.
Last season we had some of the highest pay on the day prices in the entire EFL.

Regards high pay on the day prices the other side of the argument is.
The high match day prices for a United and Wednesday has meant record season ticket sales for both clubs.
Thats why both SU and SW are getting decent average gates because every ST holder is automatically included in the attendance figure.

The logic is….if you want to go to matches……then pay up front and the prices are reasonably cheap at both clubs.
If you don‘t buy a season ticket then it works out quite expensive packing and choosing matches.

The issue at SWFC is they go on sale just after Christmas and altho the early bird price makes them cheap-ish.
if you delay even season tickets keep increasing in price the longer you delay it…..it’s a form of blackmail.

No interest in what Chancer does but our ST prices have been decent going back to McCabe taking over.

I have the utmost sympathy for those who go to all home games but for whatever reason can’t take up an ST offer. Pity we can’t do something for them rather than thinking about those who just fancy seeing the big six or seven.

Still, a moans a moan eh. Someone needs to be negative when signings are coming in better than we expected.

After the Palace game, Compass short measure thefts on draught beers needs looking at rather than reactivating high ticket price threads.

Bollocks. You'll get more entertainment watching a movie than at any football match. Vue is 5.99 for the cheapest tickets, and you get 20% off food in meadowhall. Sport is overpriced.

False equivalence there. We're talking about a proper sport where ticket prices have always been affordable, a sport where until Sky got their rancid hands on it, you could quite easily afford to go to every game home and away even if you had a low paid job.

I never understand why the response to someone saying our prices are too high is “well it’s more expensive at Wednesday, go and follow them instead”. Yes, it’s higher at Wednesday for worse football but we don’t support them do we?

Bollocks. You'll get more entertainment watching a movie than at any football match. Vue is 5.99 for the cheapest tickets, and you get 20% off food in meadowhall. Sport is overpriced.

It's cheaper if I play the film off a firestick if you want to play that sort of whataboutery

I never understand why the response to someone saying our prices are too high is “well it’s more expensive at Wednesday, go and follow them instead”. Yes, it’s higher at Wednesday for worse football but we don’t support them do we?
And also those saying 'well I pay 200 scrots to watch a bunch of roid heads wearing pads and helmets throw an egg about' as if it has any relevance 🤣🤣

Perhaps not a bargain if you're on minimum wage with little disposable income after living costs.🤔👍

It’s only overpriced at the point that attendances start to decline. Until that point the pricing is right.

On the subject anyone listened to sports heaven tonight, comedy gold. Wednesday fan complaining generally about the club and had a rant about £52 quid for Ipswich. Whilst ranting mentioned the club "fan zone" that resembled a caravan from the film snatch. He even painted the picture by explaining how he expected Brad Pit to jump out of it handing out five knuckle shuffles. Unfortunare mix of words but got me laughing

US sport suckers a lot of people into thinking it’s affordable by offering really low prices on the nosebleed seats, it’s the same in NFL, NBA and MLB. Then the better seats are extortionate pretty much across the board.

Football is much more reasonably priced here than any US sports are if you look at average price, with there being a few quid difference between the best and worst seats.

The value of a product is not affected by your ability to pay for it
They didn't say that though did they. They said it might not be a bargain, which is affected by your ability to pay.

Back
Top Bottom