Throwing points away in injury time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On its own it's meaningless. It doesn’t consider why there’s been so much added on time. The Palace game had so much because of a lengthy injury. Also, under both Hecky and Wilder we seem to be trying to time waste as much as possible (goalkeepers being told to take as long as possible for example). A tactic which seems to come back to bite us more often than not.

It also doesn’t provide any comparison with other Prem teams. Is this from Deadbat?

Also can we break it down again.

I’d like a comparison of injury time when we’re winning/drawing at 90 mins compared to when we’re losing.

That would be more telling.
That's easy.

If we're losing = fuck all stoppage time, blow the whistle.

If we're drawing/winning = play until we concede. 364 minutes added.

CoRrUpT pReMiEr LeAgUe!1!1! 🤪

So let me get this out...most players can't last the full 90 so let's waste time and add on another 12 minutes (average). And we keep conceding in extra time. How about, call me fkin nuts, stop the time wasting, stop the stupid substitutions unless necessary ( i.e. player dead on his feet, not literally) and maybe we won't keep playing all this extra time which the players aren't in good enough shape to cope with.
P.s. don't bring Norwood on any more. Thanks for the great times but he's not good enough any more.

So let me get this out...most players can't last the full 90 so let's waste time and add on another 12 minutes (average). And we keep conceding in extra time. How about, call me fkin nuts, stop the time wasting, stop the stupid substitutions unless necessary ( i.e. player dead on his feet, not literally) and maybe we won't keep playing all this extra time which the players aren't in good enough shape to cope with.
P.s. don't bring Norwood on any more. Thanks for the great times but he's not good enough any more.
We took three off dead on their feet yesterday because they put a shift in ( you ever played football when the other team has the ball all the time tactically you close space down and try to slow the game down by any legitimate means possible )

It's not quite as simple as United being sloppy or useless, this stat is staggering - the worst I've seen regarding this hapless season.

Points lost in added time are incredibly frustrating.

I think Deadbat counted at least 8 this season, in his match report.

Coupled with those points deductions for others, we would have had a genuine chance of staying up if our defenders could concentrate enough and be fit enough for the full match.

14 yesterday with a relatively minor VAR check.
16 at Fulham with the ambulance crew on sorting Bash out for ages.
Summat not reight.

Edit: Actually, I think that was first half wasn't it? So the clock would be reset?

People seem to forget they add time on for goal celebrations (7) and substitutions (8) and then there was VAR (2) plus injury times. Someone on the forum calculated that the VARs took 8 minutes. So maybe 14 minutes was a bit short!

Think we’ve chucked about 12 points from 80mins onwards this season. And some of those points chucked after we ourselves scored late to get ourselves in a winning/drawing position in the first place.

Think we’ve chucked about 12 points from 80mins onwards this season. And some of those points chucked after we ourselves scored late to get ourselves in a winning/drawing position in the first place.
It's bizarre to think this side isn't that far from being able to stay up when you look at it like that!

I think our fitness levels have played a part in that which is inexcusable particularly first half of the season … have no issues being beaten by better players / sides . But fitness is a poor reason .. the other one is set pieces .. been poor defending them too .. again coachable

People talking about 14 minutes added on as if that's a normal thing to do. That's another third of a half FFS. It's insane, and the fact that people accept it mean football will keep going down this slippery slope of VAR bollocks and rule changes. It is almost unrecognisable from a few years ago. It is a total and utter mess and we're just letting it happen.

Sub benches are absolutely massive at this level. They've become even more so since the additional subs. There's a reason the top clubs lobbied so hard, for so long, to get them. It's a way to bring your financial might to bear. Our fitness and injury record obviously compounds our problems We could've been bringing RND, Brewster/Jebbison, Baldock, Egan, Lowe, Basham, Davies on.

Last edited:
People talking about 14 minutes added on as if that's a normal thing to do. That's another third of a half FFS. It's insane, and the fact that people accept it mean football will keep going down this slippery slope of VAR bollocks and rule changes. It is almost unrecognisable from a few years ago. It is a total and utter mess and we're just letting it happen.

I think it's nonsensical. They were supposed to be speeding up the game. Getting players to leave the pitch at the point nearest them. Booking players for time wasting. Stopping back chat with referees. Speeding up VAR decisions.

What they've done istead is slow the game down elongating matches. They've also changed the nature of the game to some extent. Football is a momentum sport that has always been influenced by things like the crowd. These stoppages allow teams to regroup and reset and have changed the way the crowd behaves. The excuse is "well, we'll add the time on at the end". Some other things that annoy me are carrying on phases of the game despite a decision already being given ages ago. Extra subs. The ludicrous throw in bollocks yesterday. They all take time

How the fuck a professional athlete playing in the best league in the world , earning a fucking fortune is incapable of playing a full 90 minutes is absolutely disgraceful to be honest. It's shameful.
Whilst fitness is an issue, it’s not that simple though is it.

It’s an injury hit squad playing 100+ minutes chasing shadows, every single week.

We’ve also bobbins options from the bench, so even when we sun a flagging player, the quality coming on is just not there. This compounds the matter.

Elite level fitness isn’t something that can be changed overnight either. So blaming Wilder is a nonsense.

14 yesterday with a relatively minor VAR check.
16 at Fulham with the ambulance crew on sorting Bash out for ages.
Summat not reight.

Edit: Actually, I think that was first half wasn't it? So the clock would be reset?
There were 2 VAR checks, the offside goal, but also the one that was described as Possible Violent Conduct after the 3-1 goal. Nobody in the ground knew who was being checked, we thought it might have been BBD for bundling the keeper into the net, but apparently it was their keeper for him getting involved with BBD.

When it was decided that there was nothing to punish, the ref blew as if to confirm the goal when the check had nothing to do with the goal. That kind of thing really sucks the joy out of a celebration and led to 3-4 minutes of the added time.

Whilst fitness is an issue, it’s not that simple though is it.

It’s an injury hit squad playing 100+ minutes chasing shadows, every single week.

We’ve also bobbins options from the bench, so even when we sun a flagging player, the quality coming on is just not there. This compounds the matter.

Elite level fitness isn’t something that can be changed overnight either. So blaming Wilder is a nonsense.
There's absolutely no excuses for it, none at all, and I didn't even mention wilder, if the certain individual cannot get himself in a condition where he's able to play 1 full game of football, the cunt shouldn't be paid, imagine any of us turning up for our jobs and not being able to complete the last quarter of our shifts. It's truly shambolic and they should be ashamed of themselves. Sick of people sticking up for them, they're earning an absolute fortune, get yourself in a condition to earn it you bunch of utter idle twats. Sorry for the rant mate, nothing aimed at you but they're pissing me off massively, I can accept they ain't good enough but not fit enough, they can get to fuck.

Back
Top Bottom