This forum/fan atmosphere has become toxic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nail on the head for me.

Perfect storm of allsorts really I would say. Crap start, not being able to go, the whole Covid situation and not being able to do a lot of the things we would normally do to relive the stress of life.

Everything is a bit shit, and it's making people turn on each other, even on here I'm afraid to say.

Shouldn't be the responsibilty of Foxy or Linz to police this, we should all be grown up enough to police ourselves.

Too many aren't

I’ve used the ignore button more in the last 24 hours than I have in the entire 2 years I’ve been on here. Shame really but I really can’t be arsed with people getting personal over a difference of opinion.

I'm not the only one that feels this way, the last time I recall it being anything like this was after the Barnet or Southend game.

There doesn't seem to be any nuance anymore.

Anyone who suggests we are in for a difficult season or is critical of the club in any way (as I posted last year and won't post about it again as I was delightfully and spectacularly proven wrong) is called a bedwetter and told to go off to Hillsborough.

Those who are positive about the prospects this season are called deluded/having rose tinted specs.

It's time for people to play the poster not the poster, and not to always assume the worst in everyone's intentions and have a constructive discussion with respect. I've been guilty of this myself (before someone brings the Villa meltdown up 😂 ) though recently I'm sure it's put people off posting/joining here.

We are all Blades and we are in the PL and should enjoy it, though that doesn't mean everything is perfect and it's ok to point that out or be worried about things.

RANT OVER

;)

People think because we had a good season last season we will automatically have a good one this season. This will not happen.

we needed to score more goals that much was obvious. But instead we have bought defenders and a GK (GK being admittedly one area we need to buy)

We are now two (soon to be three) games in to the season and don’t look like scoring.

Does the manager and players deserve our support ? Absolutely 100%

Are we allowed to be critical of not recruiting quickly enough in key areas? Absolutely 100%

it doesn’t have to be on or the other

Some features as others have touched is 'doubling down' and bringing things up from the past and as I've said I have been guilty of this also.

After a few games I posted a thread stating that I didn't think Woodburn was up to it and got pelted for it, unfortunately it became evident and he was returned back to Liverpool and I threw it back at the people who hammered me which I should not have done, but they should not have hammered me in the first place. Either have a constructive discussion about the topic or don't engage/ignore.

'Making a U-turn' or 'compromise' or 'fence sitting' is seen as a sign of weakness, so if we take a player that divides opinion like McBurnie each game is rated as brilliant or crap and people insult each other over it.

People get entrenched it their own positions and it does no good at all. I get that this is what society is like these days, but as my OP says let's try and control the controllables (without the troll) making discourse on here brighter and better.*

* and that's not me being a snowflake either ;)

End of the day it’s only a forum. Problem is people get so wound up by words on a screen to the extent they have to dish out abuse and get personal. It’s embarrassing really. I pity a couple of characters on here.

Why is it very unlikely ?

I think we've started this season very underrepresented whereas they've made bug improvements to the team.

Wilder is a much better manager than Smith but eventually the chasm sized gap between the finances of the two clubs will tell. I'm predicting that will happen this season, hopefully I'm wrong.

It is if we keep those PINK SHIRTS, and only if.
Villa were very fortunate and struggled to win at home against 10 men
Who some on here seem to think are already doomed, dream on... 😴

I think we've started this season very underrepresented whereas they've made bug improvements to the team.

Wilder is a much better manager than Smith but eventually the chasm sized gap between the finances of the two clubs will tell. I'm predicting that will happen this season, hopefully I'm wrong.
Thought they looked no better than last season and if lundstram puts the pen away they cave in.like last season
They are just a hustle and bustle team with no structure and outdated systems of play relying on mistakes or lucky breaks

Thought they looked no better than last season and if lundstram puts the pen away they cave in.like last season
They are just a hustle and bustle team with no structure and outdated systems of play relying on mistakes or lucky breaks

I always think that's a slightly facile argument, it basically boils down to - it would have gone better if things had gone better.

Maybe I'm just overrating Villa because I knew they'd stay up last season when everyone else was reading them the last rites. I certainly hope so.

Tonight has done it for me, since covid I have deactivated facebook and twitter to avoid all the moaning and rage.

I have avoided watching the news and in general tried to stay positive.

To see this forum become so negative in such a short space of time is just sad and slightly bizarre, I am half inclined to think some posters are trolls with how easily they throw players under the bus.

Wouldn't be so bad if the negative OP’s engaged in sensible debate, but when facts are thrown at them you simply get ignored.

Time to remove S24SU from the routine read for a while.

Returning to the lane can not come quick enough, for myself (and many others) its 90mins escapism from the wife and kids. It seems like many people are struggling and taking their frustrations out online.

It's not like we are strangers to indifferent starts to a season. The meltdown some
are forecasting after just 2 games is surely nothing we havent been through before.
Adding the dying embers of last season to make things appear worse I'd expect in NKT .to find fans on here stooping to that is disappoiting. This season is seperate.
Have we been hammered .no
A great save from villas keeper has unleashed a wave of a squad bashing never seen before.
Players who have took us to be expecting European football have in 2 games gone back to being league one standard according to some. Wilders ability is being slaughtered on here. He can't find any players and those he bought have in some eyes been a waste of money despite some not having a kick yet.
If there's criticism of players be constructive try and explain it instead of Lundstram shit .which although succinct
Is not constructive

Some features as others have touched is 'doubling down' and bringing things up from the past and as I've said I have been guilty of this also.

After a few games I posted a thread stating that I didn't think Woodburn was up to it and got pelted for it, unfortunately it became evident and he was returned back to Liverpool and I threw it back at the people who hammered me which I should not have done, but they should not have hammered me in the first place. Either have a constructive discussion about the topic or don't engage/ignore.

'Making a U-turn' or 'compromise' or 'fence sitting' is seen as a sign of weakness, so if we take a player that divides opinion like McBurnie each game is rated as brilliant or crap and people insult each other over it.

People get entrenched it their own positions and it does no good at all. I get that this is what society is like these days, but as my OP says let's try and control the controllables (without the troll) making discourse on here brighter and better.*

* and that's not me being a snowflake either ;)
As much as I agree with your comments overall, you're in danger of painting a black and white picture of the forum that is itself entrenched. There are plenty of people who debate reasonably and take a measured approach, plus plenty who take the middle ground. I am not convinced McBurnie will be the striker many think he will, he frustrates me, but I see his good points and understand why he is in Wilder's plans. Berge too, for me, still has to do a lot more, but am waiting to be pleasantly surprised as he becomes a superstar. etc etc.

There's always Burnley. They seem like a bunch of c*nts...
But then Burnley are a proper proper club.

My lads under 12s team, however, are playing in claret and blue this season.....

Mate, we've already got a nice West Ham fan on here making it difficult to hate them all without thinking, I'd appreciate it if you'd let us have at least one claret and blue team we could despise...
Sorted
A town that recognises it's own worth in its very mom de clature
Was a 'metropolis' within a universally reviled 'County (sic) ( & then played second (third?) fiddle to Hull & Grimsby
Needed ithe construction of a multi million pound bridge to encourage anyone to even consider venturing in its general direction
Lists Darren Bett as a 'celebrity' (sic) son of the parish
(1 of only 4 to) beat us in 4th Divison - yes I do bear a grudge
Stole fat Billy
Facilitated, nay encouraged, Madkins to describe himself as a football manager (sic)
A shithole
In the spirit of this threads plea for balance there are positives (none negatives) to come out of it
Howard Devoto was born there - no wonder he looked so out of it
M180 (West)

Sorted
A town that recognises it's own worth in its very mom de clature
Was a 'metropolis' within a universally reviled 'County (sic) ( & then played second (third?) fiddle to Hull & Grimsby
Needed ithe construction of a multi million pound bridge to encourage anyone to even consider venturing in its general direction
Lists Darren Bett as a 'celebrity' (sic) son of the parish
(1 of only 4 to) beat us in 4th Divison - yes I do bear a grudge
Stole fat Billy
Facilitated, nay encouraged, Madkins to describe himself as a football manager (sic)
A shithole
In the spirit of this threads plea for balance there are positives (none negatives) to come out of it
Howard Devoto was born there - no wonder he looked so out of it
M180 (West)

Go on mate, I need more clues than that!

Seriously though, good shout. I saw us lose 3-2 away there despite us being two up in about 10 minutes.

We were relegated that season.

As we will all recall, given the gaffer’s wall-papering job at Carrow Road before the game there in the promotion season, Norwich have had the visitors dressing-room painted pink, on the theory that pink is a colour that inhibits the production of testosterone and adversely affects athletic performance.

Now, we’ve gone and plumped for a pink away kit...

As we will all recall, given the gaffer’s wall-papering job at Carrow Road before the game there in the promotion season, Norwich have had the visitors dressing-room painted pink, on the theory that pink is a colour that inhibits the production of testosterone and adversely affects athletic performance.

Now, we’ve gone and plumped for a pink away kit...

So we need to cover these pink kits in newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom