The Squad going forward

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6 Blade

Reaction score
All good things come to an end and all great teams need to be dismantled and rebuilt.

Obviously there is a growing section that would happily say get rid of the lot of them but realistically what changes do we need to make in terms of outgoings?

Its clear we are building a squad of younger players with Wilder often stating that Brewster is the future of the club.

Lundstram wants out, Fleck is playing like he does as well and unfortunately Billy is not a premier league or top end championship striker any more.

So what should the squad look like going into next season. Regardless what league we are in next year.SUFC.png

If we stay up most will stay, if we go down the likes of jack, egan, baldock, berge will want prem football and have plenty of suitors and really can we stand in the way of them

If we stay up most will stay, if we go down the likes of jack, egan, baldock, berge will want prem football and have plenty of suitors and really can we stand in the way of them
If we stay up?? Agree Berge will go potentially Egan Baldock I would say JoC but his injury might prevent that other than that should be okay hopefully we add quality as well

2 new centre mids to start and also push fleck. One new DM and 2 new centrebacks one to either start or push the existing centrebacks and another to be the successor to Basham.

They all might want Premier League football but which top flight club is going to be interested in any member of the worst side to ever disgrace the division?

And pack the IF business in, we're down before the Christmas lights are this season.

All good things come to an end and all great teams need to be dismantled and rebuilt.

Obviously there is a growing section that would happily say get rid of the lot of them but realistically what changes do we need to make in terms of outgoings?

Its clear we are building a squad of younger players with Wilder often stating that Brewster is the future of the club.

Lundstram wants out, Fleck is playing like he does as well and unfortunately Billy is not a premier league or top end championship striker any more.

So what should the squad look like going into next season. Regardless what league we are in next year.View attachment 101503
Ampadu can trot off back to Chelsea and Berge will leave but half a decent squad. We can’t just ‘release’ Sharp either, he’d be expensive to pay off so keep him around and wheel him out in a league he’s a proven expert in.

So what should the squad look like going into next season. Regardless what league we are in next year.View attachment 101503
Norwood/ Sharp signed new contracts last season. I’m sure this is just an error on your behalf but they’ve got to have some value. I do agree they should go though.

I’d like to keep Fleck and see if he can get his form back on track but it sounds like he’s fallen out with Wilder so he’ll probably want to go.

Norwood/ Sharp signed new contracts last season. I’m sure this is just an error on your behalf but they’ve got to have some value. I do agree they should go though.

I’d like to keep Fleck and see if he can get his form back on track but it sounds like he’s fallen out with Wilder so he’ll probably want to go.
I was probably hasty putting Sharp and Norwood in the release pile but I don't think we'd get anything for them if they move on in the summer.

Keep Bryan?!?!?!?!? Throw him int release and I can agree with most of the other decisions you've made.

The deadwood has to go. Rodwell, Jags (coaching staff??) Moore.
Bryan, Robinson, Lowe and Freeman moved on.
Then anybody else who wants out.
I’d like Didzy, Sharp, Norwood and Bash to stay to offer the experience... for one more year!
One or two signings is all I’d make. I’d be looking to promote the U23’s such as Brunt and Slater et al

The maximum our top earner is on will be around 30-35k p/w which will come down when we do. Where is the value in selling our competent players? When teams go down they sell because they have to financially. Unless clubs are offering good money (doubt it) we keep the side together, cut out the deadwood and go again in the championship. If we don’t look like going up when January comes around that’s when you cut your losses and sell.

Players like O’Connell, Egan and Baldock will all still have the drive and ambition to get this club back up. You don’t sell those players. Berge is the type of player who flicks a switch when the levels come down. Is someone going to offer 25m for him? Because if they aren’t he can stick around and play for us next season.

Ramsdale should be sold, but if none comes in offering less than £1m, he won’t. And of course because he is loved by Wilder and all the Blades. I like him too, seems to be a rather nice young fella. Just sucks at goalkeeping.

Baldock could be leaving, as he is too good to play in this team.

O’Connell, also too good for the team, but for the lengthy ansence, I can’t even make a guess if a settlement could be achieved with another club.

Egan the most likely to leave, imo.

Max Lowe likely to be loaned out somewhere like Alfreton Town. Ampadu going back to chelsea, where he’ll be loaned out again. After spells all over Britain, Chelsea will sell him to Halifax.

Bryan and Bogle are good back-ups for a CHAMPIONSHIP team. Keep them.

Berge will be gone – but with huge financial disadvantage to the club.

McBurnie stays, as he cost so damn much, and is so f*cking awful. Wilder’s pet. Probably worth of 20 quid in the transfer market. If played upfront, he’s likely insrumental in helping us to get relegated to the League One again.

Mousset will leave on a free trasfer. It’s a shame as I had so high hopes for him, but he seems to be sort of a Peter Pan driving a Lamborghini & even when not high not understanding a bit of what is going on all around him. Physically a real mousse, too.

McGoldrick. The constant ridicule about his age is moronic. Easily the best attacking player we have. Will be so for two or three seasons yet. Anyways, if Wilder remains in charge, he’ll – again- see it differently, and off-load the only goal-scoring threat we had.

Brewster. Should be given a couple og starts in the Championship, but if he’s just as shit as he’s been, better to loan him out.

Id keep Norwood and fleck. Sell Berge if we can recoup most of the fee and reinvest in a couple of midfielders and bring freeman back.

Robinson is okay for the Championship. I wouldn’t get rid of him, unless he was too high wages.

Jags certainly knows himself that he’s gonna go, at least as a player.

Lundstram is a Scottish PL average side player. Needs to be get rid off, asap.

Rodwell. (?) i know the name and his exploits in the PL in the years past, but that’s all. I suppose we could keep him if he paid lease for the use of the facilities in Shirecliffe, and he was payed on the basis as many games he played?

Billy is getting older as we all do, but to me he remains our second most dangerous goal threat after McGoldricl. I wouldn’t get rid of him.

Simon Moore. He’s probably just as wank as Ramsdale.

My list from the other thread:

Norwood
Fleck
Stevens
Sharp
Mousset
Lundstram
Robinson
Jagielka
Bryan
Rodwell
Moore
Foderingham

I’d shift as many on as I possibly could.

I'd be prepared to listen to offers for anyone.

Outs
Stevens
Lowe - Decided to use Osborn/ Norrington Davies as LWB options.
Mousset - Type of guy you know could come good and become exceptional. He' s really talented, but... Also in last year of his contract so makes sense as a business decision.
Lundstram - Sell in January if at all possible.
Robinson - Would like a more progressive LCB on the ball to compete with JOC.
Jagielka
Bryan
Rodwell
Moore
Foderingham
Ampadu (recalled from loan)
Norwood (only in certain circumstances).
Slater (loan out again)

Squad to keep unless suitable offers

Ramsdale
Verrips
Bogle
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Berge
Fleck
Osborn
Recall Norrington Davies from Luton.
Norwood
Freeman (recall from Forest)
Mcburnie - Unlikely to recoup value and gives us options.
Sharp - If we build a side that dominates the ball, there's noone better to have sniffing.
Burke
Mcgoldrick - Gives us tactical flexibility and doesn't rely on his athleticism
Brewster - Will come good in Champ.
Mousset - happy to keep if Wilder thinks there's something to work with and extends contract.

Recruitment in
1x goalkeeper unless there's one ready at youth level. Would depend on getting Foderingham out.
1x left footed centreback in JOC mould.
1x right footed centreback to fill in for Egan/Basham.
1x pacy striker if we dispense with Moose. Ideally should be able to play wide in a front three. Gives us the option of Burke/new striker in the wide positions if this happens.
1x energetic ball playing midfielder. Not afraid of covering space or a tackle yet composed enough on the ball. Can play in a two or a three. No idea id Slater is this man?
1x right sided midfield player.(Would dispense with Norwood provided we got these two midfielders right)

I suspect if we go down, Baldock could be the most likely to move on. He won't be coming back from injury like OConnell or Berge and won't have decreased his value this season like others. They may have to wait for a Jan, rather than summer move.Plus we will have Bogle. For Fleck, I think it depends how this season goes, if he recovers his place in the team or not. The trade off with Mousset is fitness risk vs prem quality, that balance won't have any virtue in the Championship, so I expect he will be back to France.

Back
Top Bottom