The Railway

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dublin 10 blade

Reaction score
One of the lasses that run Blade 2 Blade ( its on Facebook) has just become land lady of said Boozer , at top of lane end
She’s a life long Blade as is other lass that runs that site
So let’s give her / it all the support we can when season starts again and we can go to games
UTB
Laughing at Dem Pigs 🐷

Hope they make it a success, they should try and get the students out of their digs across the road and have that as a starting place before they head to the clubs during the week.

Wish them all the best. Terrible as the Covid 19 is, this economic devastation was avoidable in my humble opinion. In March, elderly, vulnerable and high risk groups should have been isolated whilst we kept the economy moving. Workable? I don’t know. Herd immunity could have been gained in the meantime? Anyways, too many pubs have gone over the years. Once gone, they never come back.

Carol (new land lady/manageress) is a tough lady, had covid and beat it, streamed games from her phone and her mate from away games in league 1, her and Julie went to Portugal last pre season and have both followed the Blades for many years.
If anyone deserves the support of the Blades family it's Carol, would be great if fans and the occasional player could help her when this fiasco ends and fans are allowed into games again but also the other days of the week, I'm sure she will have games on in the pub, so a good sporting pub to support.
Go along and say hi, she will make you welcome.

UTB and good luck Carol.

Carol (new land lady/manageress) is a tough lady, had covid and beat it, streamed games from her phone and her mate from away games in league 1, her and Julie went to Portugal last pre season and have both followed the Blades for many years.
If anyone deserves the support of the Blades family it's Carol, would be great if fans and the occasional player could help her when this fiasco ends and fans are allowed into games again but also the other days of the week, I'm sure she will have games on in the pub, so a good sporting pub to support.

UTB and good luck Carol.
I know Julie ,and her brothers ,Phil was one of my best mates sadly died about 10 years ago. All proper Blades.

UTB and good luck Carol.
I’m sure she’ll be looking forward to welcoming
“ Billy “ one day

Carol (new land lady/manageress) is a tough lady, had covid and beat it, streamed games from her phone allegedly and her mate from away games in league 1, her and Julie went to Portugal last pre season and have both followed the Blades for many years.

UTB and good luck Carol.
Fixed it for you;)

Last 18 months has been the best beer in last 35 years of visits. Keep the real ale, craft beer in cans and decent lager range. Lose one element of that trinity and they really will suffer.. Become a Carling pub and you will cease trading.

Remember a pub isn’t just for match days...
Absolutely spot on, give the punters choice & variety not a homogeneous uninspiring proposition.

One of the lasses that run Blade 2 Blade ( its on Facebook) has just become land lady of said Boozer , at top of lane end
She’s a life long Blade as is other lass that runs that site
So let’s give her / it all the support we can when season starts again and we can go to games
UTB
Laughing at Dem Pigs 🐷
She'll never be of the phone and social media

Anyone taking on a pub must be mad! Royal Oak in Mosborough village looks like it's re-opening surprisingly. Landlords haven't lasted long there in recent years.

That's had a reputation as being the "rough" Mosborough pub for years (somewhat unfairly some of the time) so loads of people avoid it. I think once a place get's a reputation it can be hard to turn it around. It's big enough and has enough room for off street parking that it would probably make a decent gastropub, which would have the benefit of completely changing the type of crowd it's drawn. Although I'm not sure there's enough room in Mosborough for another gastropub with the Mossbrook, British Oak and Ridgeway on the same road.

Whatever happens to it, with the micro pub opening opposite the Oak, Mosborough's going to have a really good run of pubs open again.

Regarding The Railway, the beer was massively improved, but there were a couple of times we went in and they had music blaring so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you, so we stopped going in there pre-match. I'll probably start going back in now it's different owners.

over the last couple of years the Railway has transformed from a football boozer which was always a bit dodgy into a pub with good beer and a nice atmosphere with a much more varied customer base. I hope it continues. It's a nice pub.

Not sure if the enquiry is serious - low hanging fruit n’all that but,I’ll oblige
Perchance it was near a railway line - there was a station @ Heeley after all

Or summat akin to
Bloke goes into butchers & asks for a pound of kidley
Butcher says- do you mean kidney ?
Blake replies I said kidley diddle I

Task : repeat/ develop with ‘ale’ - I certainly can’t be arsed - spent too long on this shite already

Just think we could have been in (r)ale(way) house in that there Lundun where this ‘conversation’ would seem perfectly rational, sensible & insightful

Back
Top Bottom