The new pitch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Mentioned in an off topic thread, but haven't we paid about £800,000 to put in a new artificial pitch next summer? The league has today said Artificial pitches are not allowed in Leagues 1 and 2.

The league chairmen have denied 3G pitches which are different to the type of pitch we are getting.

The 3G pitches are the ones which have little rubber bits as the base of them. We are having a pitch like arsenal,wembley and the like. We're fine, I'm sure!

UTB

Ours is fine and will be done in the summer. It's a Desso pitch, so not 3g.

The league chairmen have denied 3G pitches which are different to the type of pitch we are getting.

The 3G pitches are the ones which have little rubber bits as the base of them. We are having a pitch like arsenal,wembley and the like. We're fine, I'm sure!

UTB

4G is the way in any case these days :)

des_2270905b.jpg

Desso pitch
Desso-late for our strikers

Oh the wide open spaces ........ :tumbleweed:

UTB

We'll be OK?

Does that mean it's not going to be in front of the stands?

I posted about this a few weeks back i have to ask the question of why we need an all singing and dancing pitch in league 1?

My guess it as part of JP's strategy to boost revenue through hiring the ground out for other events. This will be important should we reach the championship as the FFP rules there are based on a different calculation than the one we currently have in Div One. Essentially the spending and investment we will be allowed in the championship will be determined by appraisal of the annual accounts (in that division you cannot simply pump a load of investment cash in to inflate the revenue figure - unlike Division One where you can and where the FFP calculation is based on monthly projections not the annual accounts). To increase the size of investment possible the club needs to boost revenue so my guess is that the installation of the new pitch is for that purpose.

The type of pitch they are looking to install is durable and the manufacturers say it allows other events to be staged on it without damaging the playing surface - so, for example, music events, other sports etc could rent the ground without it affecting the suitability of the pitch for the red and white wizards.

My guess it as part of JP's strategy to boost revenue through hiring the ground out for other events. This will be important should we reach the championship as the FFP rules there are based on a different calculation than the one we currently have in Div One. Essentially the spending and investment we will be allowed in the championship will be determined by appraisal of the annual accounts (in that division you cannot simply pump a load of investment cash in to inflate the revenue figure - unlike Division One where you can and where the FFP calculation is based on monthly projections not the annual accounts). To increase the size of investment possible the club needs to boost revenue so my guess is that the installation of the new pitch is for that purpose.

The type of pitch they are looking to install is durable and the manufacturers say it allows other events to be staged on it without damaging the playing surface - so, for example, music events, other sports etc could rent the ground without it affecting the suitability of the pitch for the red and white wizards.
If all that is true it begs the queztion why arent the board pumping money in now then if they cant next season ?
We all know the answer to that

If all that is true it begs the queztion why arent the board pumping money in now then if they cant next season ?

Assuming the information on here http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php is correct and I have read it right its correct. And I agree with your question - but, despite claims by McCabe that the investment would go on the first team, I am assuming that from comments made by JP that investment isn't all going on the first team - its going on preparing the brand for the next level. Whether we will get there is another question. I also read somewhere else (interview with JP for a football game magazine) that the terms of the investment deal are secret on McCabe's insistence and that the level of investment is geared to which division we are in. Perhaps the most worrying thing in that interview is the following comment by JP to the following question -

" CH - Some fans of Sheffield United have been saying the Prince should splash the cash and spend ridiculous amounts of money but how frustrating is hearing things like this when we have the Salary Cost Management Protocol to comply with?

J.P: Exactly. Some fans do not understand that the rules have changed. As owners, we cannot just come in and dump a truck load of cash on the team anymore. Under the protocol, we have to grow revenue to increase the amounts we can spend. It is more or less that simple."

As the FFP site shows JP's understanding of FFP seems to be based on Championship and above models and not the Football League model. In the section dealing with Div 1 & 2 the FFP explained site offers the following comment (my emphasis)

"However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending."

Hope this helps - I am only just getting my head around FFP so if its wrong I apologise in advance :D

So they either dont understand the rules or have no serious funds to inject in to the club

Both are very worrying

Assuming the information on here http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php is correct and I have read it right its correct. And I agree with your question - but, despite claims by McCabe that the investment would go on the first team, I am assuming that from comments made by JP that investment isn't all going on the first team - its going on preparing the brand for the next level. Whether we will get there is another question. I also read somewhere else (interview with JP for a football game magazine) that the terms of the investment deal are secret on McCabe's insistence and that the level of investment is geared to which division we are in. Perhaps the most worrying thing in that interview is the following comment by JP to the following question -

" CH - Some fans of Sheffield United have been saying the Prince should splash the cash and spend ridiculous amounts of money but how frustrating is hearing things like this when we have the Salary Cost Management Protocol to comply with?

J.P: Exactly. Some fans do not understand that the rules have changed. As owners, we cannot just come in and dump a truck load of cash on the team anymore. Under the protocol, we have to grow revenue to increase the amounts we can spend. It is more or less that simple."

As the FFP site shows JP's understanding of FFP seems to be based on Championship and above models and not the Football League model. In the section dealing with Div 1 & 2 the FFP explained site offers the following comment (my emphasis)

"However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending."

Hope this helps - I am only just getting my head around FFP so if its wrong I apologise in advance :D

Correct. I've been saying it for years. The FFP does not prevent owners putting more money in. That's how Bournemouth and Brentford got promoted on attendances a fraction of ours.

When people at the club keep saying that's the reason why money hasn't been spent, they just make themselves look out of touch.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/wage-protocol-thingy.35053/#post-617237

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/scmp-and-investment.31073/#post-522531

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom