The curious case of Ismaila Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The situation changes every week (if he isn't picked for matches) not just every season. I don't even think he's a regular starter for them at the moment so may not even be eligible for a permit ATM.

This is off another thread, but Phil does appear to know what he's on about:

To clarify. The post Brexit Points Based System for Governing Body Endorsement is based on Available Minutes played. If the player is injured, those are minutes where he is Unavailable For Selection.
In short, your % of minutes do NOT drop while you're injured. You are not losing out

They'll bring him back before he plays a game in the next season. Not even we'd be that stupid. We have an example of what happens if he plays one game next season with the winger we were after from Italy.
I don’t think it’s when he plays a game it’s whenever the next season technically begins in Belgium. So for example over here the next season in the prem begins whenever the owners of the promoted teams are invited to the owners meeting. So whenever that date is in Belgium he would become a lower league player and lose points.

They'll bring him back before he plays a game in the next season. Not even we'd be that stupid. We have an example of what happens if he plays one game next season with the winger we were after from Italy.
Wouldn't that be too late? We probably can't bring him back until the end of the season but presuming they get relegated and his appearances remain low then I'm pretty sure that won't meet the points requirements?

Wouldn't that be too late? We probably can't bring him back until the end of the season but presuming they get relegated and his appearances remain low then I'm pretty sure that won't meet the points requirements?
I'd bring him back now.

He has no future at Beerschot. They have one foot in the grave already. Plus he's injured.

You may as well let him recover in Sheffield, get used to the City, adapt to the country, play in a few U23 matches then depending on the season and his own progress, start to introduce him on the bench then give him a full rest, full pre-season ready to go with us.

I'd bring him back now.

He has no future at Beerschot. They have one foot in the grave already. Plus he's injured.

You may as well let him recover in Sheffield, get used to the City, adapt to the country, play in a few U23 matches then depending on the season and his own progress, start to introduce him on the bench then give him a full rest, full pre-season ready to go with us.
It depends on the terms of the loan contract. We might not be able to bring him back.

It depends on the terms of the loan contract. We might not be able to bring him back.
Surely if all parties agree? Look what happened with Olsen.

I wouldn't imagine there would be a contract that could be signed that had to continue if 3/3 parties agreed to end it and the window was open and he hasn't played for more than two clubs already, which he hasn't.

Surely if we wanted him back here then he would have come over by now.

Looks like the club will probably try and sell him in the summer for a small profit.

The situation changes every week (if he isn't picked for matches) not just every season. I don't even think he's a regular starter for them at the moment so may not even be eligible for a permit ATM.
Coulibaly has been injured for months and as far as we know is still injured (missed the winter training camp) and has not been in the match squad for ages now and no indications are given of a return.

'These cunts turned down 10m from AC Milan
That's what his face really says.

"Fucking state of this pitch, relegated, £10m!"

Simply. The requirements for a Governing Body Endorsement (ie Work Permit) at the end of this season have not even been published yet. The regulations change every "window". That may particularly be the case as the Post Brexit regs "settle down". The only published rules are for January 2022.
People will tell you their mate says Coulibaly is eligible, blah, blah.
But, until the regs get revised and published no one "really knows"

It's interesting to see him in that video. My thoughts are as follows:

• Does he know what the fuck is happening? Knocking abaht with McCall, Hecky and Jack's Yorkshire accents?! 😆
  • He looks as crisp as anyone in the triangles passing drills, composed.
  • He more than held his own in the sprint against Ozzy - not easy!
  • I wonder if he'll actually be impressed by his time here, in that our football will be above a standard that he's used to in his league.

I love that a lot of United fans think he’ll be unbelievable however have literally never seen him play…..saying that let’s get him back & starting vs Stoke 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom