The Blades potentially in europe?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyway you can all stop talking about Cup Finals and depressing the hell out of me. I fly out to Italy on the 14th May and aint back here until June!

Wouldn't that just be typical of the bleeding Blades. 40+ years following a bunch of underachieving tossers and the first time they make it to a big final, Io sto in tour Italia! :mad:

Heard a rumour about how the blades could be in the Europa league if they win Charlton tomorrow and man city and Sunderland win as well, is this true?

I've heard this on a few occasions but was confused. I thought you had to get to final to get into Europa league.

Heard a rumour about how the blades could be in the Europa league if they win Charlton tomorrow and man city and Sunderland win as well, is this true?

Categorically 100% no.

I've heard this on a few occasions but was confused. I thought you had to get to final to get into Europa league.

And even then you'll only get into the europa league if the cup winner qualifies for the champions league.

Hi - there's been a thread on this already at: http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-blades-potentially-in-europe.33182/

The conclusion is that we'd have to get to the final as the Europa League place can only go to the winners or runners-up, otherwise it reverts to the next lowest Premier League team (if for instance it's a Man City v Arsenal final). We'd have to get either of those 2 in the final to qualify as runners-up.

True, but Sunderland have to win the LC first :)

You know what I can see? Arsenal start falling down the league table and finish 5th. They meet us in the cup final and win. Arsenal qualify for the EL by the league route and we are in as cup runners up.

We are in the EL...until Man Utd (who finished 6th) win the CL, thus pushing 4th place Spurs into the EL and thus 5th place Arsenal needing the FA Cup route into the EL.

That would be so SUFC....

Not quite. If the first scenario happened, the El league placing would go to the team who finished 6th.

Last edited:
Truth is we could be gazumped by a Premier team

This scenario would only occur if the team we were playing in the final finished 4th, and an english team won the champions league who finished outside of the top 4.

Hi - there's been a thread on this already at: http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-blades-potentially-in-europe.33182/

The conclusion is that we'd have to get to the final as the Europa League place can only go to the winners or runners-up, otherwise it reverts to the next lowest Premier League team (if for instance it's a Man City v Arsenal final). We'd have to get either of those 2 in the final to qualify as runners-up.

And we would only qualify if either of those qualified for the CL

I'm sure it was mentioned on Radio Sheff that we can't qualify for EL at all because of the league we're in. Are they talking out of their arse again?

I'm sure it was mentioned on Radio Sheff that we can't qualify for EL at all because of the league we're in. Are they talking out of their arse again?

Can't be right. The cup winners are the cup winners whatever division they're in. Got nowt to do with the league has it.

Fuckin' hell. Colchester is enough of a trek. I wouldn't be going to Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk.

Don't worry about them we'd get Simferopol FC!

Neither leg could be played and we'd go out on the toss of a coin, it's the Blades way

Fuck that let's just win it!

Que sera sera whatever will be will be we're in the Europa League Que Sera sera!

doesnt matter who we play does it , we shall just sweep them aside with Disdain , obviously not the Man City player

Yes, I know, I shouldn't be really talking about this - but it is a possibility now, albeit a small one.

I know the competition could be deemed a distraction from our main aim of promotion, but just think of how this could help us attract players (like Brayford) if we can offer European football (that was weird writing those last 4 words).

Together with the cash from the cup run and Europa League participation we could have some real muscle when it comes to competing for players next season.

I'm not trying to jump the gun, just raise a big 'what if', and something else to think about.

so how would this happen? we'd have to beat hull and get to the final and hope arsenal qualify for the champons leeeeg?

so how would this happen? we'd have to beat hull and get to the final and hope arsenal qualify for the champons leeeeg?

both of those things will probably happen (the Arsenal getting champs league and beating Wigan part), us beating Hull is less likely but could still happen. Who would have thunk it, blades could get to Europe?!!

Back
Top Bottom