Teams that might get relegated from Prem in 23/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still have no idea why anyone thinks Luton can finish above us but still

I think it’s us, Wolves and Luton, I think Burnley struggle badly as well and literally stay up by a point

15. Burnley
16. Wolves
17. Sheffield United
18. Nottingham Forest
19. Luton
20. Bournemouth

The reason for above is this:

Bournemouth set some high expectations with their strong finish last season, but i think their manager will get found out early doors, leading to a revolving door of managers all season

Luton will have a strong start as PL new boys but will ultimately have a torrid second half of the season, picking up just a handful of wins and draws at home

Forest will have a bad start with second season syndrome, Marinakis will pull the plug on Cooper leading to unrest, they will install a glitzy name manager (benitez) and have a good crack at surviving with their bloated squad, but fall short on the last day

In an ironic twist, our financial shortcomings end up our strength, as every relegation candidate around us gets through managers like they do a pair of dirty pants, we simply cannot afford a change of leader despite our clear shortcomings in the league, second half of the season Hecky rallies the troops and BDTBL becomes a backs-against-the-wall fortress, recovering from
The lowly 19th we occupied at xmas, we scalp some major PL clubs and end up staying up by a whisker on goal difference

Last edited:
I still have no idea why anyone thinks Luton can finish above us but still

I think it’s us, Wolves and Luton, I think Burnley struggle badly as well and literally stay up by a point
Last 20 games. We lose Ndiaye for one of the times we play them.

Screenshot_20230616_075448_Flashscore.jpg

Last 20 games. We lose Ndiaye for one of the times we play them.

View attachment 162555
But we aren’t playing in an easier division, we have a squad much better and with far more experience

Plus, whilst it’s a fair point about the last 20 games last season, you can’t dismiss the fact that Luton were playing with far less pressure than us, they never had the same pressure we did or even Boro as no one expected them to challenge even back then

Plus if you are going to use the last 20, which again is ok to look at it that way, then you have to give the same credit for looking at the entire season

Everton ffp hearing in October. A points deduction would be interesting given their last two seasons

But we aren’t playing in an easier division, we have a squad much better and with far more experience

Plus, whilst it’s a fair point about the last 20 games last season, you can’t dismiss the fact that Luton were playing with far less pressure than us, they never had the same pressure we did or even Boro as no one expected them to challenge even back then

Plus if you are going to use the last 20, which again is ok to look at it that way, then you have to give the same credit for looking at the entire season
You're disregarding it completely out of hand, very much like a Wednesday fan would

They are in a similar position to United in 19/20. Settled but little known team, set way of playing. But nah, fuck em 🙄

You're disregarding it completely out of hand, very much like a Wednesday fan would

They are in a similar position to United in 19/20. Settled but little known team, set way of playing. But nah, fuck em 🙄
20 games out of a full season without factoring in stuff like different pressures etc, is that disregarding?? Possibly but I’m not so sure

I don’t think 1 point dismisses an entire season points total when it comes to the gap, I’m also not sure why people disregard the strength of squads and experience they bring

If we manage to avoid relegation then it might provide the impetus that has been missing, but it will take something of this magnitude to create a real and realistic chance to move forward.
We need to raise our game significantly. None of the Wrexham type performances, more of the Tottenham type performances.

Make ourselves VERY difficult to breakdown away from home and play with an attacking style at home in front of a loud Bramall Lane.

There's usually a wildcard down there in the mix. Chelsea are a basket case at the moment, wouldn't be surprised to see them at the sharp end of it getting through another 3 or 4 managers in the process.

Not looking for or seeking an argument. But when a poster suggests that they included a smiley to compound their position, when in fact no such thing was included, then all I can do is consider that fibs are at work. If there had been any respect towards said poster it quickly vanished when it became clear that no such smiley was employed.
you mean this emoji that was "never" used. i know it can be hard for people to admit they were wrong but youve had a mare here on to account 1997/98 PL season & below where emoji is there for all to see

Screenshot_20230616_094907_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's usually a wildcard down there in the mix. Chelsea are a basket case at the moment, wouldn't be surprised to see them at the sharp end of it getting through another 3 or 4 managers in the process.
if last year is anything to go by, the relegation battle was all the way up to 12th at times. they were all as bad as each other at times

Current title and relegation favourites % with the bookies

Title Winners 🏆
Man City: 58%
Liverpool: 10%
Arsenal: 10%
Man United: 8%
Newcastle/Chelsea: 6%

Relegation 🔻
Luton: 71%
Sheffield Utd: 52%
Burnley: 31%
Bournemouth: 31%
Nottingham Forest: 27%

you mean this emoji that was "never" used. i know it can be hard for people to admit they were wrong but youve had a mare here on to account 1997/98 PL season & below where emoji is there for all to see

View attachment 162574
Are you confusing the poster's avatar with an emoji? Accuse away, but please don't expect me to swallow this incorrect and misleading guff.

Are you confusing the poster's avatar with an emoji? Accuse away, but please don't expect me to swallow this incorrect and misleading guff.

The post you that you reacted so strangely to clearly says "They do say the promoted 3 don't all go down" followed by a winking face smiley. It was quite obvious the poster was making a joke.

Your level of perception is poor to say the least. I don't drink alcohol so you're way off identifying what I'm like. Best advice is to stop trying to convince that scoring points matters. You must have better things to occupy yourself with? If you're at a loss to consider what might be worth pursuing there are plenty of grownup subjects to consider that are better suited to wasting your time on this.
I take things to heart so my replies were abit soft hearted and annoyed.

I don't have a problem with you and respect your posts but I just found your post odd that I posted in May. Came across as digging me out/wanting an argument.

All I did was reply to a users post on his league predictions. It's very very rare all three promoted teams all get relegated. It was just something I've heard in the past but doesn't mean it won't happen again. The ;) was abit tongue in cheek as if 1 or 2 sides usually stay up then it means United have a good chance of survival.

Lifes too short to fall out and like I said I'm light hearted. If it's a misunderstanding or you don't like me as a user then I will accept it.

UTB

Fallowfield thinks there is 5/6 teams who can go down

US & Luton heavy favourites IMO

Burnley may do well but may do a Norwich

Palace Woy may have got them going but Zaha has gone and i think Woy got a big manager bounce last year

Bournemouth Also surely they can’t over achieve as much as last year

Brentford may get pulled in to it Frank isn’t as good a manager as the media make out and Toney has carried them we have seen small margins make a massive difference

Everton have Dyche so they won’t go down

Forest have a top class manager and will no doubt spend money again

The rest are in a different league IMO

3 from 6 for me 🤷‍♂️
I'm defo in your camp regarding Brentford manager
We, ll see if he's any good without a top striker eh?

I don't have a problem with you and respect your posts but I just found your post odd that I posted in May. Came across as digging me out/wanting an argument.

All I did was reply to a users post on his league predictions. It's very very rare all three promoted teams all get relegated. It was just something I've heard in the past but doesn't mean it won't happen again. The ;) was abit tongue in cheek as if 1 or 2 sides usually stay up then it means United have a good chance of survival.

Lifes too short to fall out and like I said I'm light hearted. If it's a misunderstanding or you don't like me as a user then I will accept it.

UTB
Hello, now that's a quality you don't see too often - humility.

You should be proud to have the backbone to write to me in such a mature and emotionally intelligent manner. You've gained my full respect for choosing to contact me explaining yourself so openly.

Apologies if I caused offence, and once again thank you for your thoughtful post.

Brentford won their last 3 games without Toney, not that I put much weight on a teams performance when the league is done and dusted, but still, business model fc ain't done bad.

We beat wolves / Chelsea / spurs 🤷‍♂️

Luton will be playing with no pressure this season. Odds on favourites for relegation. Any points they get will be seen as a success.

I genuinely think Burnley will be ok. They'll be lower mid-table. Not sure where the negativity is around them.

As for the bottom, as things stand, I'd say

Sheffield United 19
Luton 20

I think the only hope we have is other teams imploding. If we can be consistent and play to our strengths I reckon we can get 30 points.

Everton with a points deduction could be interesting
I think Bournemouth will really miss Lerma and could struggle

Forest will be mid-table. Fulham might struggle depending on what happens with Mitrovic. Wolves will have problems if they don't bring a few new players in.

Take a look at the clubs.
Divide them into sections.

Must Win.
Must Not Lose.
Anything Will Be A Bonus.

Then you'll have your points.

UTB
your a bigger man than me & have show far more restraint than i have. because you have absolutely to apolgise for because if that poster doesnt know what an emoji is or cant be arsed to go an google what an emoji is thats not on him not you. although they must be related to boris because its on that level where to deny youve done anything wrong when its in black & white (& yellow). that your clearly wrong. he might as well be arguing that sheffield united play their home games at old trafford right now

Last edited:
i think wolves will really struggle next season as will bournemouth

Back
Top Bottom