Suummer Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And we have no 'huge gap'. This is evident by us getting walloped week in week out last season. The standard we played throughout was mid table Championship with barely any players showing and 'gap' at all. We had already dropped. We were just wearing a badge that said 'Premier League' on it.

pommpey
I don’t think getting walloped at the higher standard proves. We also very rarely got walloped.

Almost all of our players have experience of doing very well at Championship level. I honestly don’t get the pessimism.

I don’t think getting walloped at the higher standard proves. We also very rarely got walloped.

Almost all of our players have experience of doing very well at Championship level. I honestly don’t get the pessimism.

Sounds a bit like the hubris emitted just as the season kicked off against Wolves.

For about a hundred seconds, anyway. It never seemed to get any better after that, did it?

pommpey

we lost a lot of games 1 - 0 but in most of those games teams just sat back after they had taken the lead knowing full well we wouldnt score and i actually felt wilder set out in most games just not to get hammered playing a 532 system totally negative waste of a season

The Window opens Wednesday and it's a safe bet that we have nobody lined up to get things going.
Forgot to add reason. With all the older players already in the squad I would doubt there is serious interest in the various older players (30+) being linked to us so far - lack of speed, fitness and likely to be carrying old injuries. Didzy and Bash being exceptions.

we lost a lot of games 1 - 0 but in most of those games teams just sat back after they had taken the lead knowing full well we wouldnt score and i actually felt wilder set out in most games just not to get hammered playing a 532 system totally negative waste of a season

He admitted to as much in a few post match pressers. Keep it tight, stay in touch.

Sounds a bit like the hubris emitted just as the season kicked off against Wolves.

For about a hundred seconds, anyway. It never seemed to get any better after that, did it?

pommpey
We have a new manager, parachute payments, either Berge in midfield or cash to spend, talented youngsters in Brewster, Bogle and possibly Jebbison, McBurnie who has scored a lot at that level and plenty of players who’ve performanced well at that level before.

We finished ninth in a PL season and have virtually the same team. Not saying we will walk it, but all the sense points to us doing well.

You can’t ignore the poor season, but nor can you ignore the fact it was at a much higher level than this year will be.

Hoe about Hourihane from Villa to buy, and Keinan Davis on loan. not got a great goal scoring record but mainly because he only gets 10 minuets here and there. needs a run of games and he'll score.

Hoe about Hourihane from Villa to buy, and Keinan Davis on loan. not got a great goal scoring record but mainly because he only gets 10 minuets here and there. needs a run of games and he'll score.
I don't know why people want us to buy Hourihane tbh. He's 30 and we'd be giving him 50k per week for at least 2 years. He's a very Wednesday purchase. Loan would make more sense but I'd rather buy in midfield with an eye for the future.

For me, the truth is somewhere in between. pommpey is correct about our loss record, the wallopings are a little more about how you define a walloping. The loss record can only be described as abject, but it contains scores that often suggested a close game. But if we drill down a little deeper, many of those games were basically ones where we could play all afternoon and not score.

In our two seasons in the Prem, we went from almost qualifying for Europe, to being Barnsley-esque. Some of the reasons you can't mitigate against, but certain people needed to be held culpable for some of the other reasons. But it's in the past, the post mortems have been done many times.

It's a new start, and for me, a statement of intent with the choice of manager, I'm optimistic. Yes, last seasons squad wasn't good enough for the prem (although I do feel a little more tactical flexibility from CW might have changed the picture). But lest we forget, even the ones who "aren't good enough" are proven championship performers. Next season they will be at their level.

Moving forward, perhaps the transfer policy does need tweaking, and it looks like that is what is going to happen.

For me, the truth is somewhere in between. pommpey is correct about our loss record, the wallopings are a little more about how you define a walloping. The loss record can only be described as abject, but it contains scores that often suggested a close game. But if we drill down a little deeper, many of those games were basically ones where we could play all afternoon and not score.

In our two seasons in the Prem, we went from almost qualifying for Europe, to being Barnsley-esque. Some of the reasons you can't mitigate against, but certain people needed to be held culpable for some of the other reasons. But it's in the past, the post mortems have been done many times.

It's a new start, and for me, a statement of intent with the choice of manager, I'm optimistic. Yes, last seasons squad wasn't good enough for the prem (although I do feel a little more tactical flexibility from CW might have changed the picture). But lest we forget, even the ones who "aren't good enough" are proven championship performers. Next season they will be at their level.

Moving forward, perhaps the transfer policy does need tweaking, and it looks like that is what is going to happen.

I'm thankful for the previous 3 seasons
I'm bitter about last season
I'm excited for next season

The ebb and flow of football.

I have a definite feeling they'll be some googling going on with some of the players we sign this summer!

None of it on Slavs computer I hope.

Going off the bettis interview yesterday I’d imagine the most plausible scenario is that when Slav was offered the job and assurances and budgets were hammered out he was probably asked what he needs player wise to succeed. The recruitment team will now be compiling lists of available players with those attributes and then Slav will pick which ones he wants. If we are staying with 3 at the back as has been stated this will probably be a quality over quantity type of window so it’s about doing the best business not the fastest.

Going off the bettis interview yesterday I’d imagine the most plausible scenario is that when Slav was offered the job and assurances and budgets were hammered out he was probably asked what he needs player wise to succeed. The recruitment team will now be compiling lists of available players with those attributes and then Slav will pick which ones he wants. If we are staying with 3 at the back as has been stated this will probably be a quality over quantity type of window so it’s about doing the best business not the fastest.
still think about 6 will come in yogi we will certainly sell at least 2 probably berge and egan and can see 2 or 3 more being loaned out i expect us to make 2 signings and 4 loans

Thankfully it is not everybody's, Keen, I still find it odd in this "day and age" that people can't phrase their opinion without resorting to doing a "demolition" job on somebody with a character assassination.
As a footballer , McBurnie is unintelligent , physically awkward + annoys refs by continually faking fouls to the extent that when he is genuinely fouled , he doesn't get the free-kick which the genuine foul deserves - there , is that succinctly enough phrased to be cogent ?

Back
Top Bottom