Suummer Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we get some good players who can also kick a ball into the net, ithink we'll be fine.

I simply don't buy this 'he'll do well in the Championship' schnizzle. You have to be better than Championship to get out of it.
I think to be fair to Norwood he has done that - played a key part in promotion sides from the Championship three seasons in a row.

The losing possession under pressure and not being fast enough to recover has been a frustrating trait of his all the time he's been with us, though it seemed to get punished more in the PL.

Is there anything more depressing when scanning through the posts and you read
HI, Stegosaurus here
😞

I'm gunna see if I can get the nickname Megobaurus (mega-bore-us) 'trending', as the kids say.

I think we'll start next season with most of the same players that failed in this one.

1. We'll not be able to get rid of many. Outside of the ones released, we're going to struggle to sell players who we no longer want. There's going to be little or no money in the football league so outside of Berge and maybe Egan we're unlikely to get many decent offers
2. Even if we could get rid of many, I don't think we have the money to buy many permanent replacements. I suspect maybe replacements for Berge and Egan (if he goes), but the rest will likely be loans.
3. I think it's a good year to utilise the free transfer market. Clubs are more likely to be releasing decent players to cut costs

There's little or no chance of a clear-out.

Norwood is a solid champs player, though I'd like to see Coulibali or whatever his fucking name is in that position. He's got a decent ping and more aggression.

Norwood is a solid champs player, though I'd like to see Coulibali or whatever his fucking name is in that position. He's got a decent ping and more aggression.
If it's aggression you want in midfield then Mo Besics your man.

I think coubalira, or what ever his fuckin name is, is an attacking midfielder

I really dont see Jokanovic sticking with a midfield that was a total failure last season. Why would he risk his livelihood and reputation when he has no affinity to the club other than it being his employer.

One or two might raise their game enough to stay in contention ie as they did when it became apparent the new manager was watching the latter few games but others may just call it quits and move on.

A lot criticise Wilder for not dropping certain players and/or having his favourites but then forget how he masterminded two promotions and a 9th place PL finish with a midfield that cost virtually nothing.

All that being said now SJ is manager I think he will cull the squad over time with no favouritism or loyalty which is what is needed

I really dont see Jokanovic sticking with a midfield that was a total failure last season. Why would he risk his livelihood and reputation when he has no affinity to the club other than it being his employer.

One or two might raise their game enough to stay in contention ie as they did when it became apparent the new manager was watching the latter few games but others may just call it quits and move on.

A lot criticise Wilder for not dropping certain players and/or having his favourites but then forget how he masterminded two promotions and a 9th place PL finish with a midfield that cost virtually nothing.

All that being said now SJ is manager I think he will cull the squad over time with no favouritism or loyalty which is what is needed
Boo. Loyalty.
Boo. Good to have around the place.
Boo. Get badges and join the coaching team.
Booooooooo!

I think that Norwood has maxed out on his capability. I also think that in the minds of opposition midfields next season are a few things when he is on the ball:

1. He'll immediately try to pump it to an advancing wingback
2. He'll turn his back
3. He'll surrender possession under pressure

I simply don't buy this 'he'll do well in the Championship' schnizzle. You have to be better than Championship to get out of it.

McBurnie - if I may uncharacteristically stick up for him for once - was played out of position and fed with nothing last season. Yep, some of his nailed on opportunities were spooned, but it's a percentage game. Seeing him flailing about trying to be a winger or a number ten and pub footballing it was not the way to get the best out of him. And I do believe he can score goals, and needs a chance to prove that. Put it this way - if we sold him to another Championship side, he would be a safe bet to be the one to stick three goals past us.

Your 1, 2, and 3 were all true last time we were in the Championship and nobody was complaining.

I was actually agreeing with you about the "they'll do well in the Championship so they'll do well again there" fallacy. Just pointing out that McBurnie is no exception to this. Furthermore, if fans want to cite Mousset's off the field issues as a reason to ship him out then it's difficult to ignore McBurnie's antics as well.

And why do you think he'd put 3 past us for another Championship side? Cos he's done well in the Championship before?

Jokanovic said he was happy with the squad he's got but I'm sure he'll sell a few who we don't need. Think Moose and Burke should be sold 1 can't keep fit and other is just an athlete. Wouldn't get rid of Norwood and fleck despite how bad they've been this season. I'm sure they'll be good enough for a promotion push. We really need pace quality all over pitch really

Given that we have seen that once good players can lose the ploy a year later I think all the speculation of SJ going back to his old signings is (I hope) just rubbish. It would be interesting to see what we might pick up on loan from Europe.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ield-united-manager-slavisa-jokanovic-3254475

I’ve been interested to note that Baldock and Egan are on some people’s shipping out list .

There are at least 8 teams in the Premier League , let alone the Championship , who don’t have a right back or a centre back as good as them .

I’d be even more interested to learn who their better replacements might be who (a) we can afford and (b) would choose us over other clubs who might want them , of which there surely would be many .

I’ve been interested to note that Baldock and Egan are on some people’s shipping out list .

There are at least 8 teams in the Premier League , let alone the Championship , who don’t have a right back or a centre back as good as them .

I’d be even more interested to learn who their better replacements might be who (a) we can afford and (b) would choose us over other clubs who might want them , of which there surely would be many .
If (and only if) we can get £8m and up for either of them, I'd be happy if we approached any of the following...

RB - Esteves, Spence, Roberts, Nyambe
CB - Cabango, Fry, Mepham, Souttar, Worrall

I agree. I could see Baldock as a decent replacement for Coleman at Everton.

I suppose it depends on the system we ultimately deploy. If it requires playing out from the back and creating from wide areas then there probably are better options if the right money came in.

Do you think there will be interest from anyone taking those players and actually paying a fee?
Maybe for Fleck you could get a couple of million, but the others will be high earners and I can't see anyone paying very much at all.
From that list, I wouldn't lose much sleep if we lost them but I just can't see any generated money for reinvestment.

Why jettison proven Championship players when any replacements would cost a lot more and probably wouldn’t be any better.

My worry is-
While on paper, (as with Mr Wilder) the problem of getting us out of the Championship seems to be well within the capability's of our new manager, But buying the kind of players capable of keeping us in the Premiership, (as with Mr Wilder) isn't . And our present manager has done it twice.
Got to admit I don't know the story behind why he's been fired twice, just hoping it's third time lucky........ ;)

The players who played last season are mostly the same that played with aplomb when getting promoted we were far more of an attacking team when a Championship side which tbf we had to tighten up when in the Premiership so players like Norwood who I believe isn’t a Premiership player of standard would be good for the championship. I will add that we also need to look to the future if promoted we also have some fantastic youth that need to come through to play again adding that there IS a good future for us providing we spend well and believe in ourselves.

Why jettison proven Championship players when any replacements would cost a lot more and probably wouldn’t be any better.
I’ve not advocated jettisoning anyone just bringing in improvements so we don’t go back up with players who have proven not good enough at the required level. The likes of Mowatt on a free, and loans for those listed wouldn’t cost a lot more and would be better.
I just wouldn’t lose sleep if we’d moved some of them on.

I think that this summer there’ll be loads of players floating about unsigned clubs have to be careful financially and May not take the risks they normally would, being in the Premiership has been our salvation while in pandemic because of the money it generates

The players who played last season are mostly the same that played with aplomb when getting promoted we were far more of an attacking team when a Championship side which tbf we had to tighten up when in the Premiership so players like Norwood who I believe isn’t a Premiership player of standard would be good for the championship. I will add that we also need to look to the future if promoted we also have some fantastic youth that need to come through to play again adding that there IS a good future for us providing we spend well and believe in ourselves.
I'll swap you one of those Old Programmes you're selling for a comma

Back
Top Bottom