Suummer Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The past two years has hit the finances of most EFL clubs which will now have less money available for wages and definitely transfers. Clubs used to carry inflated squads which will now be reduced and made up with development players. Subsequently the first choice will be just as good but as soon as injuries and suspensions hit, clubs with better squads ( like us ) should be in a position to take advantage.

The past two years has hit the finances of most EFL clubs which will now have less money available for wages and definitely transfers. Clubs used to carry inflated squads which will now be reduced and made up with development players. Subsequently the first choice will be just as good but as soon as injuries and suspensions hit, clubs with better squads ( like us ) should be in a position to take advantage.

The brakes going on crazy money train and teams bringing on development players doesn't sound a bad idea at all to me.

Mcburnie did not do it for us as Wilder did not play to his strengths, he had previously scored goals for Swansea and Barnsley and our new manager with new ideas may see him as an important piece of the jigsaw.
The man is a knob.
I can't abide his presence at the Lane . The image he projects is embarrassing. A stupid lout who runs like a rotavator + injures himself trying to fake a foul. Get. Fucking. Rid.

The man is a knob.
I can't abide his presence at the Lane . The image he projects is embarrassing. A stupid lout who runs like a rotavator + injures himself trying to fake a foul. Get. Fucking. Rid.
bit strong that keen but yeah i would sell mcburnie if any decent offer came in and to be honest i dont think hes a jokanovic type of player having said that slav might just be the no nonsense manager he needs

Personally I don't like the loan idea unless
Harvey elliot or the same quality

Personally I don't like the loan idea unless
Harvey elliot or the same quality
Theres no point taking any loans who are ready for the first team if/when needed but there’s also no point in us throwing transfer fees around when it’s not needed.

Given how late SJ is showing up we may be waiting for the end of the window to see action and then having problems blending new players into the team - all makes for a poor start.

I genuinely believe he's working on united behind the scenes even though he doesn't officially 'start until July 1st'

Hardly going to be up to his nuts in Al Gharafa business.

Given how late SJ is showing up we may be waiting for the end of the window to see action and then having problems blending new players into the team - all makes for a poor start.

Wondered how long it would be for the negativity to creep back.

Transfer window doesn't open until the 9th.

SJ has reportedly given a list of his targets to the board.

Although he doesn't start with us until July 1st, I'm sure he has things that he will be doing in the background so that we are in a good position when the season starts. Think you're in for a long one if you've lost patience already.

We need to be thinking outside the box with recruitment now after last season's disasters,with not much quality available in released players,loan market will be very competitive and maybe not much money available.This guy,and other players in a similar position, might be worth looking into,apparently,our rivals are already on his trail,they are getting smart and alive to possibilities,we need to smarten up.

I genuinely believe he's working on united behind the scenes even though he doesn't officially 'start until July 1st'

Hardly going to be up to his nuts in Al Gharafa business.

He’s in the garden with a bottle of cider and some tunes on.

Nixon reckons we already have begun looking for targets so he must have given the board the players he wants us to sign

We really shout be aiming higher. This time we have the parachute payments, which mean we should be looking at top end youngsters on loan not ones clubs are necessarily looking to dump and sell on.
I'd be hoping for more of the likes of Ryan Sessegnon (highly unlikely but you have to aim big), Harvey Elliott, James Garner. and then maybe someone like Ben Davies or the old favourite Calum Chambers if we're looking for players with a view to buy should we go up.

Yes, I know we have to be aiming higher, but we never do, so I don't see it happening.

Last time we got relegated we showed we meant business by bringing James Beattie in.

I wonder who is going to be the signing that shows us "We're going for it" this time.

The amount of money needed for players has gone from merely expensive and a reasonable risk to absolutely bloody stupid ridiculous risk since we last got relegated.

Yes, I know we have to be aiming higher, but we never do, so I don't see it happening.

Last time we got relegated we showed we meant business by bringing James Beattie in.

I wonder who is going to be the signing that shows us "We're going for it" this time.

The amount of money needed for players has gone from merely expensive and a reasonable risk to absolutely bloody stupid ridiculous risk since we last got relegated.
We've just brought in the best paid manager in the league. Surely that is the signing to show the board are going for it?
We won't be spending huge amounts on transfer fees though, it just doesn't make any sense and the financial climate for the Championship is nothing like we saw before.

That's your opinion
The man is a knob.
I can't abide his presence at the Lane . The image he projects is embarrassing. A stupid lout who runs like a rotavator + injures himself trying to fake a foul. Get. Fucking. R
Thankfully it is not everybody's, Keen, I still find it odd in this "day and age" that people can't phrase their opinion without resorting to doing a "demolition" job on somebody with a character assassination.

I'd transfer list a lot of the PL wreckage, TBH.

Anyone who has a modicum of CDF would be looking to ship out the likes of Norwood, Stevens, Fleck, Mousset and Burke as a starter. There's generated money in those five and none of them did much for us last season, simply assuming they'll turn into superstars down one notch is crazy stuff. They are the target areas, and oppositions will know their weaknesses and expose them. The hope and assumption that next season is gonna be any easier that this last horrific season is misguided. This 'drop in standard' is a fallacy and teams are paid and expected to fight for their position. People saying 'it's a weak league' are making judgements based on fresh air and yes, the league will shake itself down by Christmas, but I expect to see a few surprises there and if we don't arm ourselves sufficiently and cut out the vulnerabilities, we could be one of those surprises, in a very negative sense. We expected to bounce straight back up when relegated under Warnock and then when we went down to Div One based on our assumed supremacy and ended up fighting our way back up over ten years and several regime changes.

pommpey
Drop in standard is a fallacy? Come on there’s a huge gap between the top two tiers. The drive might be the same, but skill and physique is a gulf at times.

Drop in standard is a fallacy? Come on there’s a huge gap between the top two tiers. The drive might be the same, but skill and physique is a gulf at times.
And we have no 'huge gap'. This is evident by us getting walloped week in week out last season. The standard we played throughout was mid table Championship with barely any players showing and 'gap' at all. We had already dropped. We were just wearing a badge that said 'Premier League' on it.

pommpey

And we have no 'huge gap'. This is evident by us getting walloped week in week out last season. The standard we played throughout was mid table Championship with barely any players showing and 'gap' at all. We had already dropped. We were just wearing a badge that said 'Premier League' on it.

pommpey
Don't remember us getting ' walloped week in week out '

I do remember us almost qualifying for Europe before lockdown though

Suppose it's all in your own personal perception

Don't remember us getting ' walloped week in week out '

Suppose it's all in your own personal perception
Yeah. Just some perspective, if you want:

Almost qualifying for Europe = not last season

Getting walloped week in, week out = last season

Have a look at what the topic is, huh?

pommpey

Yeah. Just some perspective, if you want:

Almost qualifying for Europe = not last season

Getting walloped week in, week out = last season

Have a look at what the topic is, huh?
First of all we didn't get walloped last season week in week out
Secondly I never said we did nearly qualify for Europe last season
thirdly the thread title bears no relevance to your post or mine

There's your perspective

First of all we didn't get walloped last season week in week out
Secondly I never said we did nearly qualify for Europe last season
thirdly the thread title bears no relevance to your post or mine

There's your perspective

The topic is 'what players do we need' and what ability do they have, is it not?

And what part of 29 defeats out of 38 does not suggest we were walloped week in, week out? A loss is indeed, a loss.

And ...

Was I just hallucinating this or what?

pommpey

The topic is 'what players do we need' and what ability do they have, is it not?

And what part of 29 defeats out of 38 does not suggest we were walloped week in, week out? A loss is indeed, a loss.

And ...

Was I just hallucinating this or what?

pommpey
I don't know where to.start with this pile of bull shit

I'm not going to bother I've seen you go round and round with other posters when you've clearly been owned and I'm not getting dragged Into it

I don't know where to.start with this pile of bull shit

I'm not going to bother I've seen you go round and round with other posters when you've clearly been owned and I'm not getting dragged Into it

Owned? Hang on. You said we nearly qualified for Europe then flatly denied you'd said it?

And what part of being beaten twenty nine times (count 'em) out of thirty eight matches isn't being walloped week in, week out?

I'll understand if you don't want to answer.

pommpey

A big shop window opens up next week just in time for the transfer window too and now we have seemingly dropped the "only english players" mantle there will be plenty of players on show in the Euro's.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go window shopping as a club for a couple of potentials outside the more well known teams. Couldnt have come at a better time really.

Back
Top Bottom