Stock for Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
Rumour doing the rounds.

Any thoughts?

Personally I don't see where Stock would fit in to a 4 man midfield that surely will contain 2 of Monty, Harper and Williamson. Do we really need to add Stock to that list, or I am incorrect to see him as a central player?

Rumour doing the rounds.

Any thoughts?

Personally I don't see where Stock would fit in to a 4 man midfield that surely will contain 2 of Monty, Harper and Williamson. Do we really need to add Stock to that list, or I am incorrect to see him as a central player?

I agree, no doubt a good player and in a system that would suit him would be a good signing but we play a certain way which I think suits our current CM's.

Stock = Howard under clueless Blackwell.

Bring Billy back, get rid of Blackwell, job done.......

Rumour doing the rounds.

Any thoughts?

There's always room for class Bob and Stock is just that.

We need to move away from 'will he fit in with us?' or we'll be stuck in a perpetual hoof-warp. An increase in quality is always a good idea.

Harpo may not stay beyond the end of the season, though I hope he finds his Reading form and does stay. The last few games have been encouraging but he's still not the Harper of three years ago.

In addition, blasphemous though it sounds, with Stock in the team we wouldn't need Monty:)

If we want rid of Billy then transfer list him and get 2m because his scoring record this that few weeks has been great and will have bumped his price up. Get cash no swaps and spend it on a good striker.

Stock would just be another name to add to a long list of good championship midfielders that move to United and dont perform. This is solely to do with Uniteds style of football.

Brian Howard is the perfect example of this.

I think we have plenty of cover in the CM in Harper, Williamson, Montgomery, Quinn.

I would sooner see us sell Billy and use the money to sign a new CB and a LM.

Stock would just be another name to add to a long list of good championship midfielders that move to United and dont perform. This is solely to do with Uniteds style of football.

I think we have plenty of cover in the CM in Harper, Williamson, Montgomery, Quinn.

I would sooner see us sell Billy and use the money to sign a new CB and a LM.
Are we stuck with this style for ever then? By your logic we are!

I never like Howard being used in this context for two reasons:

1 - All the Barnsley regulars I know said the same - He's crap unless he's on telly or playing for a new contract. That or unless you just want someone to win you free-kicks/penalties.

2 - Howard hiding and putting all his minimal effort into getting himself marked isn't really caused by any style of play.

Are we stuck with this style for ever then? By your logic we are!
No, just whilst Kev is in charge! Just like we're stuck with the fact that we've got a perfectly good striker, loyal to a fault, that everyone in this league would have, sat on the naughty step.

Totally agree with Foxy's comments. I too was warned by Dingles about him and was definitely a Howard sceptic.

I can't actually remember him doing that much, even the goal against Reading was a mis-kick.

I think the problem with Billy was he tried too hard at times. (constantly being offside) by being to eager is one problem. Then there is his contract. Probably a good contract for the time he was signed. And then of course there is the style of play. We have wingers, dont play them & generally dont get balls in and around the 6 yard box were he thrives.

Finally there is Blackwell. Who wont let him return of that i am sure. :lol:

No thanks - I can't see where Stocks would fit in and Williamson is looking good.

I think there's a bit of a question mark over his fitness at the min as well.

I hope we bring back Sharp. :)

Rumour also has it from Donny fans that Stock's wife wants to be nearer to family and friends with Reading being mentioned - as said it's just a forum rumour.

There was also a rumour posted on bladesmad at the weekend that Billy was being off loaded to the dingles with Jamal Campbell-Ryce coming to us :confused:

Where would Daniel Day Lewis or Johnny Depp (add your own example) fit into a mediocre movie?

Answer: They would improve it!!

Bring back Billy!!!!

Whats the point if he isn't going to play? We may as well get something in for him, and get his wages off the bill.

Best of luck to him I hope he goes really well (unless he goes to Leeds or Forest) but he ain't going to do it at the Lane, for whatever reason.

he can do it for us - remember his hat trick v QPR when partnered with henderson

bring him back and stick him up front with henderson - rather do that than make a loss on his sale

he can do it for us - remember his hat trick v QPR when partnered with henderson

bring him back and stick him up front with henderson - rather do that than make a loss on his sale
I think the way we played last Saturday would've suited Billy. Plenty of the ball in the box. Could be wrong, of course. :D I reckon the door is closed on him though. I don't think I can be wrong on that.

I heard on radio Sheffield this afternoon that Barnsley were going to make a bid for him come January. Now i'm sure he is on a very good wage at the moment, 10 to 12k a week.One of our top earners. So Barnsley would have to make a good bid, lets say 1 million and pay his high wage demands. I cant see it happening to be honest.
What Billy is best doing is let his contract run out and go to a club which offers the best wage.

But Blackie won't play him, so it's a waste of money.

I think we should be looking for £1.5 Million from Barnsley we've lost nothing then but his wages.

But Blackie won't play him, so it's a waste of money.

I think we should be looking for £1.5 Million from Barnsley we've lost nothing then but his wages.

I'd be most surprised if Barnsley paid £1.5 million for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

I'd be surprised if any club paid that much for Sharp.

His contract runs our at the end of next season he still has 18 months left at the moment £1.5M seems a fair deal.

Fair enough then, that would be reasonable.

Have Barnsley got the cash though?

Back
Top Bottom