Stick a fork in the season, its (already) done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s a very sensible post mate.

Fair play to you.

We will all eventually have to get to that point.

As they say, it’s the hope that kills you. A few were giving that inkling he’d be staying but that looks to have gone tits up very quickly.

I admit that how this thing has played out, is a complete mess to be honest mate, and it's hard to know who is most at fault, but I am tempted to launch a much bigger fuck off rocket towards Illy's agent (and maybe him too) than I am at the club right now.

I doubt the Prince, the board, and certainly not the manager wanted it to resolve so late in the window like this. Hard to know how Illy himself saw it playing out, but he's got his way now, sadly for us.

Over to the recruitment team now and we move on.

It’s the fact that if we get relegated this year and lose all the players who are out of contract, then fuck me are we in trouble next year. Could be a complete and utter depressing shit show these next few years if we don’t get have a takeover or by some miracle stay up this year.

There isn’t going to be a buyout.. forget it, no one is interested at anything like what HRH will settle for,
He just needs to do what is best for the club and get out before the fans well and truly turn on him because if we get embarrassed this season the shoes off protest many years ago could look like a storm in a teacup in comparison.

At least the “future of the club is secured according to el accounto”

It was his pretend best mate the Prince who imperilled it in the first place. Let’s not kid ourselves that the bloke would have seen us right if we hadn’t have got promotion.

Yes, he gambled and won. But, if you can’t afford to run a football club through its tough times, don’t buy one. And if you happen to find one in your possession, sell the bastard thing.

It was his pretend best mate the Prince who imperilled it in the first place. Let’s not kid ourselves that the bloke would have seen us right if we hadn’t have got promotion.

Yes, he gambled and won. But, if you can’t afford to run a football club through its tough times, don’t buy one. And if you happen to find one in your possession, sell the bastard thing.

Agreed

He just needs to do what is best for the club and get out before the fans well and truly turn on him because if we get embarrassed this season the shoes off protest many years ago could look like a storm in a teacup in comparison.

Why on earth would he do what’s best for the club? He’s not a fan, he’s no interest.. he just wants to make money.. and to be fair to him even Jim Phipps back on day one when asked why they where here said it was to make money… it’s not been a secret.

I'd take being kicked out of the league tomorrow. I really would. We're going to totally disgrace ourselves this season and I'm not sure how we'll recover

We won't win three games and there is no takeover ,but keep buying your tickets there's a good set of lads

I'm more upset at the rat who decided to leave just before the start of the season, after playing friendlies in which if he had left earlier, we could have used to bed in a replacement. He knew about the move for many weeks and took the piss out of us. He can fck off.

Shut up you plant pot

We are in debt to Ndiaye for our premier league status and £170 million pound that be earned us

I'm more upset at the rat who decided to leave just before the start of the season, after playing friendlies in which if he had left earlier, we could have used to bed in a replacement. He knew about the move for many weeks and took the piss out of us. He can fck off.
Or Sheffield United took weeks negotiating a deal with Marseille over the transfer fee, which has only just been agreed, so we couldn't bring in a replacement until he was sold as we don't have any money. So we kept playing him in case no deal was agreed. With that in mind what else could we do? We can't sign a replacement until he's gone. We can't sell him until we agree a satisfactory fee with add ons. These things don't happen between playing Derby on Saturday and last night. But yeah, blame Ndiaye who's played really well in pre-season despite being "desperate to leave."

I'm already sick of these attacks on Ndiaye just because he's leaving. Have a go at our club for not sorting his contract out much sooner, like after the season before last, or partway through last season before the embargo. Attacking the player is nothing more than sour grapes.

There's been alleged bids turned down for him last summer and in January. Did he ask to leave on those occassions? No. But hey, let's blame the rat!

Or Sheffield United took weeks negotiating a deal with Marseille over the transfer fee, which has only just been agreed, so we couldn't bring in a replacement until he was sold as we don't have any money. So we kept playing him in case no deal was agreed. With that in mind what else could we do? We can't sign a replacement until he's gone. We can't sell him until we agree a satisfactory fee with add ons. These things don't happen between playing Derby on Saturday and last night. But yeah, blame Ndiaye who's played really well in pre-season despite being "desperate to leave."

I'm already sick of these attacks on Ndiaye just because he's leaving. Have a go at our club for not sorting his contract out much sooner, like after the season before last, or partway through last season before the embargo. Attacking the player is nothing more than sour grapes.

There's been alleged bids turned down for him last summer and in January. Did he ask to leave on those occassions? No. But hey, let's blame the rat!
He could have just moved before our season prep started. He didnt and took the piss. Despite the club's failings, he'a a rat for that.

It’s the fact that if we get relegated this year and lose all the players who are out of contract, then fuck me are we in trouble next year. Could be a complete and utter depressing shit show these next few years if we don’t get have a takeover or by some miracle stay up this year.

Yes, there is a pretty good chance we get relegated this year. But other teams we will be competing with the following season will probably be in similar positions contracts wise - e.g. if the pigs somehow stay up they have Bannan, Palmer, Gregory, Iorfa, Vaulks, Byers, Dawson, Windass, Bakinson out of contract next summer - that's most of the team that started at Wembley for them. It's not like we are going to go down and have no players and our competition is going to sacked.

It's just the sad reality that football outside of the top is financially tough unless you've got a rich owner who is happy to keep bearing losses. Pretty much all Championship teams are loss making: Deloitte estimate wages exceeded revenue alone by 108% in aggregate in 2021-22, the 5th consecutive year this has been the case, supporting an average operating loss per club of £15m. Transfermarkt estimate that only 9 teams reportedly had a net negative transfer spent in the Championship last season, people complain on here we didn't do much but we still had the 3rd largest net outlay.

1690759865393.png

All we can do is reinvest whatever Illi proceeds we have sensibly (with eyes on building a competitive team on the likelihood we will be in a lower league next season) and celebrate any successes we do have.

Reactions: RWE
and £170 million pound that be earned us
Hi Stegosaurus here

170 million he earned the Prince. He'll toss us a few scraps and the rest will go towards his new apartment in Riyadh, a new Rolls and his yacht

The season before last the tactic was ‘give it to MGW and hope he does something’, last season we got lucky and Ndiaye did the same.

Don’t think we’ll get lucky a 3rd time.

You might want to work on your dating profile a bit. Lie through your teeth if you have any left. I do it all the time. It doesn't work but it's strangely satisfying.
I'll get my wife to rewrite it, she wants rid of me so should be good. Bit like a reference from an employer who wants you out. 😂

As it stands, it's hard to see us getting the goals we need to survive.
I think Berge will be next out the door and I fully believe reports that the club are offering him to other clubs.

It's (extremely) hard to be optimistic given our transfer business, but the window isn't shut yet.

Were we to sign Auston Trusty, Tom Davies, Lewis O'Brien, Chuba Akpom and Cameron Archer (though it does seem fanciful), we might have a fairly well balanced XI that can at least compete a bit.

Still smells of relegation though and prospective signings will be very mindful of coming to us with that in mind. Selling Ndiaye has sent the message that we're not serious about the PL.

I'm just guessing here, but I think some of our passed owners would have sold him last season for less to make sure we didn't go up and raise the wage bill...... :rolleyes:

I'm just guessing here, but I think some of our passed owners would have sold him last season for less to make sure we didn't go up and raise the wage bill...... :rolleyes:

TBF to McCabe he spent more than PA has to date this summer when we were heading int Prem in the 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom