Stick a fork in the season, its (already) done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought we did ok in the TW. I was relatively happy considering we lost Ndiaye and to a lesser extent Berge.

However, I’ve changed my mind now. We’re fucking wank. Without McBurnie we are absolutely nothing and so lightweight.

Hecky out.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Cant believe we still havent scaked Hecky. Derby's record incoming

The hope that kills you aspect for me is that we have yet to play someone who you might consider a relegation rival apart from Everton or at least a team, Forest and Palace aside when we were undercooked, that you’d expect to get much from.

For me, the massive games are:

Burnley
Luton
Bournemouth
Wolves
Everton away
Forest home
Brentford
Villa
West Ham home
Palace away
Tottenham home
Brighton
Fulham home

I see that as 20 games we may be in with a shout of getting something.

Anything elsewhere very unlikely but my point being there are some games we have coming up that we can get something from. We’ve had quite a tough start regardless of injuries.

Apart from the sadly written off two, we had 3 Champions League teams in Man U, Man City and Newcastle United, West Ham who are in Europe and won a Euro trophy, Spurs who are one of the teams of the season. But for a large slice of misfortune, Everton would have not survived that last minute scenario and who really fancied us away at Fulham? Home maybe.

I just think there will be a far better return in the next ten if we can put some sort of team out and I know that is a big IF!

The hope that kills you aspect for me is that we have yet to play someone who you might consider a relegation rival apart from Everton or at least a team, Forest and Palace aside when we were undercooked, that you’d expect to get much from.

For me, the massive games are:

Burnley
Luton
Bournemouth
Wolves
Everton away
Forest home
Brentford
Villa
West Ham home
Palace away
Tottenham home
Brighton
Fulham home

I see that as 20 games we may be in with a shout of getting something.

Anything elsewhere very unlikely but my point being there are some games we have coming up that we can get something from. We’ve had quite a tough start regardless of injuries.

Apart from the sadly written off two, we had 3 Champions League teams in Man U, Man City and Newcastle United, West Ham who are in Europe and won a Euro trophy, Spurs who are one of the teams of the season. But for a large slice of misfortune, Everton would have not survived that last minute scenario and who really fancied us away at Fulham? Home maybe.

I just think there will be a far better return in the next ten if we can put some sort of team out and I know that is a big IF!
Agree with all that,all we need now are some players with quality , determination and skill.

Just checked and after this weekends likely defeat vs Arsenal away, the average current placing of the teams we have faced will be 8.5.

That at least shows the fixtures we're not overly kind for the first quarter of the season.

That means that the average team placing coming up would be 11.6.

Reasons to be cheerful 😉😂

Just checked and after this weekends likely defeat vs Arsenal away, the average current placing of the teams we have faced will be 8.5.

That at least shows the fixtures we're not overly kind for the first quarter of the season.

That means that the average team placing coming up would be 11.6.

Reasons to be cheerful 😉😂
Performance on Saturday night gave me some heart that at least we might see some Sheffield United type performances for the rest of the season. I don't expect us to win really but I would at least like to say the players give it their all and get into the opposition

Has there ever been a team that has got promoted and has gone into a league so chronically underprepared and under resourced from the top to the bottom? From the arrogance that with no scouting or data infrastructure we’re going to discover the next international bargains for peanuts, to the nonsense about letting players run their contracts to motivate them, to the endless reliance on a formation suited to clubs who dominate the ball.

Whole thing has been a fucking shitshow. The club got lucky with the emergence of Ndiaye, but this season has completely laid to bare how bad a state we are in.

We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.

The experiment of a promoted team weakening your first XI rather than strengthening it, has had exactly the outcome we all expected.

We’ve got a job lot of business to be done this coming summer, for once the club must get the bulk of it done and in place prior to preseason starting. A slow start, after another summer of chaotic recruitment, relying on a young team, well we could be in bother.

Last edited:

The experiment of a promoted team weakening your first XI rather than strengthening it, has had exactly the outcome we all expected.

We’ve got a job lot of business to be done this coming summer, for once the club must get the bulk of it done and in place prior to preseason starting. A slow start, after another summer of chaotic recruitment, relying on a young team, well we could be in bother.

Can’t argue with that but do you believe that we can fund the business you correctly suggest we need? The financial side this season is really a mystery. Some think tightening the belt football wise makes us, if not healthy, at least feeling a bit better, but the capital expenditure incurred in this season and the obvious ongoing funding requirements for that confuse me. Blade58 isn’t the only one baffled.

Obviously no one on here knows the current financial position and the effect that will have on new player spending. Which, alongside some of the players already on the books makes me unable to get why some who truly believe we will be in a position to mount a genuine promotion challenge. Then there’s the manager!

We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.

Rodley is a soothsayer

I can see another hard long slog next season, for the facts you outlined. The contracts that are up and the players who will want to go (who we also want to go) will mean us having to “buy” pretty much a full squad - which we don’t have money for. That means it will most likely be loans and free’s and we’ll be lucky to avoid the drop again next season. Can see a long tough road ahead until we get new owners which I doubt will be in the next year, not being pessimistic just being a realist.

what's so frustrating about this season. we had the opportunities to do so much better. despite the bin fire

when you think of wins we've thrown away, 2-1 up v Luton H, leading in stoppage time Villa A & Spurs A. 2 goal leads v Fulham H & Bournemouth A. took the lead twice v Palace A & Man Utd A arguably the better team v west ham H & Chelsea H at home

the mentality is needs sorting. because every time weve had an opportunity we folded under the pressure

Can’t argue with that but do you believe that we can fund the business you correctly suggest we need? The financial side this season is really a mystery. Some think tightening the belt football wise makes us, if not healthy, at least feeling a bit better, but the capital expenditure incurred in this season and the obvious ongoing funding requirements for that confuse me. Blade58 isn’t the only one baffled.

Obviously no one on here knows the current financial position and the effect that will have on new player spending. Which, alongside some of the players already on the books makes me unable to get why some who truly believe we will be in a position to mount a genuine promotion challenge. Then there’s the manager!

I’m not sure we can fund it, no. Quality loans and frees, even at Championship level, will require plenty of cash. And we need a lot of them. Silk purse, sow’s ear etc springs to mind.

We’ve some improvement from the team under Wilder, but whether he’s a spent force remains to be seen. I do think he’s the best we could hope for in the predicament we’re in. Let’s hope we don’t play Wednesday in the first few weeks, I fear a bad result could send us into a spiral..

I’m not sure we can fund it, no. Quality loans and frees, at Championship level, will require plenty of cash. Silk purse, sow’s ear etc.

We’ve some improvement from Wilder, but whether he’s a spent force remains to be seen. I think he’s the best we could hope for in the predicament we’re in.

I honestly doubt our owner even considered other managerial options.

But you were doing so well 😉

what's so frustrating about this season. we had the opportunities to do so much better. despite the bin fire

when you think of wins we've thrown away, 2-1 up v Luton H, leading in stoppage time Villa A & Spurs A. 2 goal leads v Fulham H & Bournemouth A. took the lead twice v Palace A & Man Utd A arguably the better team v west ham H & Chelsea H at home

the mentality is needs sorting. because every time weve had an opportunity we folded under the pressure
I tend to agree.

However I always settle in my mind that the collection of those together simply add up to meaning we’re not good enough.

Teams that are good enough don’t all all of those to happen.

It’s just what ‘not good enough’ looks like.

But it should be obvious at least for the summer who can be good enough for next season and who can’t.

Bang on.

I think this post is absolutely perfect. Can throw Liverpool into that as well 1-1 at Anfield until we concede 2 quickly again. That’s what’s the most frustrating thing that it is correct. Your post is basically the same as yesterday. We should have been 4 clear at HT and yet we lose 5.

With it being so regular it’s hard to say it’s down to a sub or tweaking of tactics as it’s most games over and over. We just have no leaders and no real defenders.

Half the squad we don’t want / half the squad don’t want to be here. It’s hard for us fans to even fully get behind the players as at the moment we don’t know who wants to be here and who doesn’t.

There’s a few easy fixes in the side.

More leaders
Better defenders
Being fitter

The hard issue is removing the bad eggs!

Players like Souza who are in the media having ago at his team mates. Anels dad spouting off on Facebook that his son needs to move etc. we lost players like Doyle and got Souza ignore footballing abilities but the dressing room took a hammering.

The first part I think is relatively easy. Meant to be a decent budget and we have manoeuvrability to sign new players.

But we need to fix the dressing room as as fans I think it’s hard to support this group of players.

Back
Top Bottom