Stick a fork in the season, its (already) done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.
Only thirty years!!! Try 64 years, since starting to watch this shower, my knees have gone, my backs knackered, I've got a lot less hair and its grey. For what its worth this was always going to happen, his agent got nothing if he stayed, and we all know agents are greedy sods in it for themselves and not their clients. We depressingly move on, or down .

We do the underdog role fairly well, I doubt we will stay up but I think we can at least be competitive enough to pick up some results and avoid thrashings.
My main concern is that we may not have that tag with us being in the prem recently and Luton coming up too.

Lived through much bigger let downs than this (If its true) following the Blades.. If the parties over so be it because there's not a lot we can do about it.
We've still got a club to support, so far, and in this game, you never know what's just round the corner because as we have just found out -
ought can appen...... ;)

Last edited:
Today's news is a major blow, but I still don't see any point on making sweeping predictions until we know what the final squad looks like.

We were already 2 CMs and a CB light imo. Now we need to add at least 1 more striker and a CAM into the mix to replace Illy's contribution.

Let's see where we are in 2 weeks.

He’d all but gone two weeks ago then it was claimed he was signing a new contract. It’s no bigger blow now than a fortnight ago really.

Having said that, with or without him next season is likely to be a total shambles.

Lived through much bigger let downs than this (If its true) following the Blades.. If the parties over so be it because there's not a lot we can do about it.
We've still got a club to support, so far, and in this game, you never know what's just round the corner because as we have just found.-
out ought can appen...... ;)
Not in the mood for optimism, mate.
Gimme a week or so!

Derby. You boys are in trouble.

View attachment 166423

Love to see the lowest goal scorers, I think we might struggle to manage double digits. Seriously.

Even in friendlies we only looked a decent attacking unit with Ndiaye on the pitch. Everything goes through him. This is bigger than a player sale, you’re selling our only creative outlet.

We will struggle to get 11 goals never mind 11 points.

Hecky should just walk away now ... on a hiding to nothing, what's the point in sticking around and.beating derby's record low points total ... complete mess
The point of staying is £250,000 plus per year and not getting blamed for mistakes from the heirarchy.

We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.

65 years mate, 65 fucking years, should be used to it, but it’s still a kick in the bollocks every time…

Rob Hulse £2.2mil
Claude Davis £3mil
Li Tie - Free
David Sommeil - Free
Mikel Leighterwood - £600k
Christian Nade - Free
Colin Kazim-Richards - £150k
Ian Bennet - Undisclosed
Paul Gerrard - Free

TOTAL - £5.95mil

That was it for the summer. Not one player on loan.

17 years later we spend even less and some people question why a lot of fans are concerned going into the season.
To add to that we got Horsfield and Akinbuyi for 3m half way through the season before.....

This great city of ours has two truly pathetic attempts of a football club, especially that lot from the dark side but enough about them cunts!

There’s more ambition shown in people who are ill that have 2 weeks left to live ffs.

We don’t expect owt major as Blades fans, we honestly don’t because I think we’re a very down to earth sort of fan base as a whole but it’s depressing as fuck following us sometimes, it really is.

This has gone on and on and on for ages, everything we do as a club takes fucking ages, and I mean fucking ages, from ticketing, to kit launches, to transfer dealings or whatever you want to name. Get on with it you pathetic set of twats, sorry about my rant.

Sheffielders football mindsets have been made to be shite due to all the bollocks that comes with it, if only we didn’t love the buggers.

It’s too late for me.I’ve supported em for the past 60 years ever since my dad took me to the Lane aged 7.
The club’s in my dna now, and I invest so much of my time and emotions in this club.
If I had my time again, and could talk to that 7 year old lad, I’d say run a mile son, they’re not worth it, and will shit on you time and time again.
I went to Derby yesterday,and came away a little optimistic that with Illy we had a chance of making a fist of it next season.What a silly old fool am I, and how this club makes fools of us all.

Derby. You boys are in trouble.

View attachment 166423

Love to see the lowest goal scorers, I think we might struggle to manage double digits. Seriously.

Even in friendlies we only looked a decent attacking unit with Ndiaye on the pitch. Everything goes through him. This is bigger than a player sale, you’re selling our only creative outlet.
Hecky should just walk away now ... on a hiding to nothing, what's the point in sticking around and.beating derby's record low points total ... complete mess
Because he might well be putting together a squad that doesn’t get beaten every match as some on here think.
Too many are obsessed with Ndiaye and think the world has ended if he departs. No doubt he is a talented player, but if he leaves he will not have been able to test himself against the best and neither he nor us will know what might have happened.
We have seen him play against Spurs and Man City and a couple of games in the World Cup. Nothing there suggested he was as good as so many on here already think he is.
I hope for him he has a brilliant career as he has brought some really good times here in the Championship and I will be sad if we cannot see him play against the best, but the Club moves on and I remain positive about our ability to compete this season.
Have a go at me by all means, but wait until September/October when there will be tangible evidence one way or the other.

Because he might well be putting together a squad that doesn’t get beaten every match as some on here think.
Too many are obsessed with Ndiaye and think the world has ended if he departs. No doubt he is a talented player, but if he leaves he will not have been able to test himself against the best and neither he nor us will know what might have happened.
We have seen him play against Spurs and Man City and a couple of games in the World Cup. Nothing there suggested he was as good as so many on here already think he is.
I hope for him he has a brilliant career as he has brought some really good times here in the Championship and I will be sad if we cannot see him play against the best, but the Club moves on and I remain positive about our ability to compete this season.
Have a go at me by all means, but wait until September/October when there will be tangible evidence one way or the other.
As it stands the starting 11 will be missing

Illy, Mcburnie (injured) mcatee and Doyle from the team that got us over the line.

I think the evidence is out there already that our team won’t be as good as last season, a team I thought was more suited to the premier than the championship.

Not sure how you/we can expect to compete with a team less competitive than the one that got us promoted.

I hope to god we get 3 perm signings with value and 2 quality loans. Problem is that team then needs to gel in around 10 days from when these signings are made

As it stands the starting 11 will be missing

Illy, Mcburnie (injured) mcatee and Doyle from the team that got us over the line.

I think the evidence is out there already that our team won’t be as good as last season, a team I thought was more suited to the premier than the championship.

Not sure how you/we can expect to compete with a team less competitive than the one that got us promoted.

I hope to god we get 3 perm signings with value and 2 quality loans. Problem is that team then needs to gel in around 10 days from when these signings are made
Revisit in early October when we can see who is there and how the team are playing

I can't pretend to be on board with the decision to sell at all. I don't really care, as a football fan, that we're 'clearing the debts' or 'cutting our cloth'. It's fucking bollocks on the back of a £100m windfall to sell your best player two weeks before your first game and, being honest, we're probably gonna sell the next best fucker for a knock down price sometime within that same fortnight. How many teams get themselves up to the Prem and wave the white flag so fucking willingly? I'd have sooner seen them both leave for nowt next summer knowing we'd at least had some sort of go at staying up.

By my reckoning we were probably 3 or 4 short before today's news. I now think it's more like 5 or 6 given we likely need two first teamers to replace what Illy would've provided.

It's honestly sapped any enthusiasm for the season. Imperative that we replace him with one or two very fucking good signings.

That’s alright then, easy to make up on a slow start
Not easy, but once players are acquired and settled in the task becomes less hard and we may enjoy what we see. We may of course still go down, but many think that would have happened anyway.

from the Sheffield United way video

Seems like more of the same for any (I assume fraction of the Ndaiye money) couple of cheap foreign signings to replace Ndaiye. I.e no big fees paid out.

Slimani has looked decent - larouce not so - traore not even allowed in the country yet.

But all have been described as projects by hecky. Whilst I understand the strategy none of these are proven commodities

We have 3 great players to replace in Doyle / mcatee / Ndaiye and haven’t come close to bring anything of similar calibre. And it doesn’t even seem like we are trying too

Only thirty years!!! Try 64 years, since starting to watch this shower, my knees have gone, my backs knackered, I've got a lot less hair and its grey. For what its worth this was always going to happen, his agent got nothing if he stayed, and we all know agents are greedy sods in it for themselves and not their clients. We depressingly move on, or down .

You might want to work on your dating profile a bit. Lie through your teeth if you have any left. I do it all the time. It doesn't work but it's strangely satisfying.

If only the reasons why we have no money now had been explained on here before, the bought for a pound, he’s nicked our money mob might not need pampers.
Debts don’t disappear at the seasons end and trading losses need funding. Go back to the spending on players bought on the never never and try to understand that income isn’t £170m - today increased to £200m - is utter uninformed bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom