Stick a fork in the season, its (already) done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.

Derby. You boys are in trouble.

1690731927443.jpeg

Love to see the lowest goal scorers, I think we might struggle to manage double digits. Seriously.

Even in friendlies we only looked a decent attacking unit with Ndiaye on the pitch. Everything goes through him. This is bigger than a player sale, you’re selling our only creative outlet.

Think i’m done here until we have new ownership and it isn’t blindingly obvious how much up shit creek we are. Got more important things I should probably focus on after a shit year personally. Understand he was never going to stick around, but this is an absolute shambles.
United was a rare bright point in an otherwise shite year for me personally, so cheers Blades for fucking that one up 😂

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Selling your best player for a pittance, just before the new season begins is pathetic. This has sealed our fate.

Automatic promotion boo!
I did the double and wet the bed and shat in it last night, and now this.

We already looked weaker than the team that came up with a left side that would struggle in the Championship, but selling Ndiaye two weeks before the season starts pretty much guarantees relegation.

Has there ever been a promotion season where we’ve been less optimistic? We’re going to get murdered.

My only hope is the Prince drops his price and sells us now, otherwise we have a handful of contracted players next summer and I worry whether we’d compete in the Championship.

When are we going get some decent ownership? I’ve done 30 years of being shat on.
You’re right, as things stand we look significantly weaker than last season. There will inevitably be new arrivals before the Palace game but how do you replace Ndiaye? We all know the answer to that one.

It's absolutely wank and we're in for a tough few months. But in fairness, imagine if we'd not gone up, owing a bleedin fortune and nowt coming in. We'll be shite but at least we've got a club to watch, UTB

I think I'm right in saying we've spent less this window than we did before the 2006 Premier League season when we signed the likes of Leigetwood.

PLUS we've sold our best player.

Absoloute shambles of a pre season

At least the “future of the club is secured according to el accounto”

There isn’t going to be a buyout.. forget it, no one is interested at anything like what HRH will settle for,

Absolutely dogshit. How do they think this team can compete in the PL? Getting over the amount of players we have released and moved on, this is a total kick in the teeth. Yes, he wants to leave I get that but the lack of ambition - I am pretty sure the money we'll get from PL will be pocketed by this charlatan of an owner. We need him out, NOW!

I think I'm right in saying we've spent less this window than we did before the 2006 Premier League season when we signed the likes of Leigetwood.

Rob Hulse £2.2mil
Claude Davis £3mil
Li Tie - Free
David Sommeil - Free
Mikel Leighterwood - £600k
Christian Nade - Free
Colin Kazim-Richards - £150k
Ian Bennet - Undisclosed
Paul Gerrard - Free

TOTAL - £5.95mil

That was it for the summer. Not one player on loan.

17 years later we spend even less and some people question why a lot of fans are concerned going into the season.

Not even hard. We've not spent over 9m yet..

Wages are more but new signings I wager will be on wages we could easily afford in champ.

Not even hard. We've not spent over 9m yet..

Wages are more but new signings I wager will be on wages we could easily afford in champ.
And let's not forget spending by Premier League clubs has gone up exponentially since then, which makes this window even worse

I have been saying it ever since we got promoted that it’s the worst I’ve ever felt going into a season. Nothing exciting about it all with the loss of the two lads from Man City. Berge & Ndiaye almost certain to go, we are ridiculously weaker than we were when we went up. Might aswell cancel our premier league membership to save us the embarrassment.

Sheffield United aren’t in a position to lose out on circa 40m for the sales of Berge & Ndiaye. The contract situation at the club is absolute school boy stuff which I do honestly think within 22 months time we will of finished lower half of the championship.

I believe even if we had kept Ndiaye we would have been relegated but selling him almost makes absolute certain of it. We should have done it a few weeks ago, not 13 days before the season begins. We have only looked half decent in pre season when he’s been on the pitch and we’ve hardly played anyone decent. Haven’t a chance against 90% of premier league sides.

Going to be a big change to the squad in 10 months time regardless of the league we’re in. We need to stick to the current approach of signing value for money players so that we don’t fuck the clubs finances up once again which has left us in the position which I think would be better long term as it’s become very stale and predictable.

After all that said, it is paramount that we back Heckingbottom because it has become the almost impossible task of keeping us up but he has had no resources to carry out the aim. Strap yourselves in blades.

If he is confirmed as going, we’ll be sat on a net positive spend.

May as well sell Berge and just get a squad of players that actually want to be here and are in contract for the Championship 2024/25.

This will also surely put off players like Doyle from coming.

Quick reminder that we’ve spent less than half what Luton has so far.

I thought Wednesday had done a fine job of deflating their fans post promotion. Talk about hold my fucking beer!

If he is confirmed as going, we’ll be sat on a net positive spend.

May as well sell Berge and just get a squad of players that actually want to be here and are in contract for the Championship 2024/25.

This will also surely put off players like Doyle from coming.

Quick reminder that we’ve spent less than half what Luton has so far.

I thought Wednesday had done a fine job of deflating their fans post promotion. Talk about hold my fucking beer!
Not to mention how much Luton have had to spend getting their ground up to scratch.

Only two new signings and one on loan.
Who knows if we'll sign anyone else?
No shirt sponsor.
Ndiaye allegedly sold (the next 48 hours will show any truth in this).
Berge likely to be sold too or he walks on a free, so we might as well sell him now if Ndiaye goe, as the little chance we had of staying up relied heavily on those two.
Jebbison to walk on a free next summer.
No takeover.

We are a piss poor club and deserve everything coming our way this season. The only people who don't deserve it are Hecky and his staff, the players and us fans. The Pound Land Prince needs to sell quick to someone who gives a toss, as he clearly doesn't anymore with his piss poor running of this club. His little experiment has backfired and he'll likely be met with hostility from the fans if he comes to Bramall Lane this season.

I've never felt so numb and pessimistic going into a new season since David Weir became manager.

Today's news is a major blow, but I still don't see any point on making sweeping predictions until we know what the final squad looks like.

We were already 2 CMs and a CB light imo. Now we need to add at least 1 more striker and a CAM into the mix to replace Illy's contribution.

Let's see where we are in 2 weeks.

Can't see us doing much. I said it weeks ago we'd go down, more so now. They either have a plan to spend the money or we are THAT SKINT we need to sell for £12m. I mean £12m. Gyokores had a year left and went for 20. And don't tell me about any bidding war. You don't need a bidding war. This is the cost, that's it. Only same as selling your possessions.

Today's news is a major blow, but I still don't see any point on making sweeping predictions until we know what the final squad looks like.

We were already 2 CMs and a CB light imo. Now we need to add at least 1 more striker and a CAM into the mix to replace Illy's contribution.

Let's see where we are in 2 weeks.
That’s a very sensible post mate.

Fair play to you.

We will all eventually have to get to that point.

As they say, it’s the hope that kills you. A few were giving that inkling he’d be staying but that looks to have gone tits up very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom