Stephen Bettis: This is on you

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was Bettis at the game today FMBlade1 ?
He’s just the fall guy for the Prince.
Yes, he’s inept, you only have to listen to him to know that, but he is only carrying out orders to do nowt.
The Prince is more interested in his toy United World, and playing FIFA from his desk in Saudi.
‘The Chairman by his own admission isn’t interested in football at all.

Yes, he’s inept, you only have to listen to him to know that, but he is only carrying out orders to do nowt.
The Prince is more interested in his toy United World, and playing FIFA from his desk in Saudi.

Every CEO in football are the fall guy for their employers….that’s a definition of a CEO and one of the reasons they’re in job.
It was only 2 years ago that Bettis was the best thing since sliced bread with Wilder singing his praises.
I had a bit of insider knowledge and always heard good feedback both personally and professionally about Bettis.
Not seen my contact in nearly 2 years now so maybe things have turned sour regards Bettis.

The logic seems to be we could employ Basil Faulty as CEO but if we’re winning then he’s great at his job
Then when we inevitably lose a few then all our employees are suddenly incompetent.

Think you’re getting The Prince mixed up with Chansiri.
The Prince is massively interested in football, hence why his hobby is playing fantasy football and he’s trying to buy football clubs.
Where as the SWFC owner Chansiri admitted when he bought them he knew nothing about football and It was his little boy that liked football.

Last edited:
How do you know he is inept ? What has he done ( or not done) to make you think this ?

Every CEO in football are the fall guy for their employers….that’s a definition of a CEO and one of the reasons they’re in job.
It was only 2 years ago that Bettis was the best thing since sliced bread with Wilder singing his praises.
I had a bit of insider knowledge and always heard good feedback both personally and professionally about Bettis.
Not seen my contact in nearly 2 years now so maybe things have turned sour regards Bettis.

The logic seems to be we could employ Basil Faulty as CEO but if we’re winning then he’s great at his job
Then when we inevitably lose a few then all our employees are suddenly incompetent.

Think you’re getting The Prince mixed up with Chansiri.
The Prince is massively interested in football, hence why his hobby is playing fantasy football and he’s trying to buy football clubs.
Where as the SWFC owner Chansiri admitted when he bought them he knew nothing about football and It was his little boy that liked football.
I think he means Giansiracusa.

I don't think it matters. He is on the business side. It is up to him that the budgets are run sensibly so that the club is sustainable.

If he was stood in front of a tactics board at half time I'd be worried but at that level we may as well be selling widgets as a business. The same logic for him applies. Try to project the next 12 months and beyond and ensure you still have a club at the end of it.

The club's success, and as is alluded, the reputation of those associated with the club, will largely stand and fall with the job the coaching staff and players perform.

Without wanting to come across as ignorant. What has Bettis actually done wrong?
What has he actually done ?
Apart from what Wilder told him to do ?
And since Wilder did a bunk , what the Prince told him to do ?
Nothing.
If you think he has any influence on the direction of the club , think again.
He's just there to keep the corporate stuff tidy.
Any sign of the 2021 accounts yet Sean ?

I'm surprised how lightly he got off with the Brewster transfer. Everyone seems to blame Wilder, but wasn't it Wilder's job to provide the list he wants and Bettis' job to see it through? Meaning the sums and payments were down to Bettis?
So its down to Bettis that we spent big on Brewster? Is it also his fault we spent big on Ramsdale, and his fault we didn't sell until Ramsdale went on strike?

What has he actually done ?
Apart from what Wilder told him to do ?
And since Wilder did a bunk , what the Prince told him to do ?
Nothing.
If you think he has any influence on the direction of the club , think again.
He's just there to keep the corporate stuff tidy.
Any sign of the 2021 accounts yet Sean ?
It’s interesting you have such a good handle on the internal governance at the club, yet a seeming lack of a awareness of a CEO’s role.

From your response, I suspect that you’d prefer Bettis to have been the one telling Wilder what to do, as well as his employer, the Prince?

I suspect the accounts will be out sometime before the end of March, when they’re due. We’re not Wednesday.

It’s interesting you have such a good handle on the internal governance at the club, yet a seeming lack of a awareness of a CEO’s role.

From your response, I suspect that you’d prefer Bettis to have been the one telling Wilder what to do, as well as his employer, the Prince?

I suspect the accounts will be out sometime before the end of March, when they’re due. We’re not Wednesday.
I thought the y/e was June + they came out at the end of the calendar year , but thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom