Spunked away 53.5 million

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Look, this might be an unpopular opinion on here. But I honestly think, if he was told to stay in the penalty box, given good service in a pro-active, forward thinking team....Oli McBurnie will rip the Championship a new arsehole.

53m is peanuts in the Premier League. Peanuts. You get what you shop for. We are in the Home Bargains/Lidl/Aldi bracket. Those guys come at a cost but will be on less than 30k a week. We didnt want to break a wage structure and I am happy to do that. When we go down, and its more than certain, lets see how "McShitty" does in Champ. Then we can start giving them grief.
Let’s.

And your perspective of where our wages structure is at needs revisiting 😉.

UTB

Look, this might be an unpopular opinion on here. But I honestly think, if he was told to stay in the penalty box, given good service in a pro-active, forward thinking team....Oli McBurnie will rip the Championship a new arsehole.
Not long to find out then 😀.

UTB

i just wish he would pull his socks up 😉

Let’s.

And your perspective of where our wages structure is at needs revisiting 😉.

UTB
Do tell, what is the wage structure at the club? Are we paying players more than I suggested? Does anyone actually know. Explain to me then that a side that finished 9th last season playing some really good football is less attractive than a side that survived by the skin hawkeye or a newly promoted team? It comes down to the reddies? Do you not think we could have paid what Villa paid for Cash and Watkins? What Fulham paid for Robinson? What West Ham paid for Benrahma (if he was genuinely linked) or previously what BHA offered for Maupay? The answer is yes. The difference is they can offer much more in the wage department. Otherwise explain why they would turn us down, a team that were in the shakeup for qualifying for Europe to go to a team managed by Dean Smith.....

Do tell, what is the wage structure at the club? Are we paying players more than I suggested? Does anyone actually know. Explain to me then that a side that finished 9th last season playing some really good football is less attractive than a side that survived by the skin hawkeye or a newly promoted team? It comes down to the reddies? Do you not think we could have paid what Villa paid for Cash and Watkins? What Fulham paid for Robinson? What West Ham paid for Benrahma (if he was genuinely linked) or previously what BHA offered for Maupay? The answer is yes. The difference is they can offer much more in the wage department. Otherwise explain why they would turn us down, a team that were in the shakeup for qualifying for Europe to go to a team managed by Dean Smith.....
the premier league is all about money these days if youve owners with plenty of it youve a chance of staying there if not you get relegated its as simple as that weve a great manager but without the financial support from the boardroom the writing was on the wall for us

Aaron Ramsdale is paid £50,000 per week.

He is not the highest earner at the club !!!

UTB

Sometimes players can become better Premier League players with a few seasons outside of the top flight and if they have a better supporting cast. Look at Bamford for Leeds. He has played in Premier League before and had scored only a couple of goals. He now has 10 goals and counting this season. So players can reenter Prem and be better. Do we play to McBurnie's strengths? Crosses into the box this season have been low and flat. He is better in the air - his only goal was a header from a corner.

Thats a good point actually. I never thought Bamford would make a prem striker in a million years, even my Leeds fan friend had his doubts.

Yet there he is......

As has been said plenty, and I can't believe it still needs to be, McBurnie and Mousset scored goals to contribute to our survival in the PL. They owe us nothing.
Brewster was a panic buy we didn't need, but he has serious potential.

And where's the Prince hate come from? He's the one who's funded it...
The prince hasnt funded it ! The money for being a premiership team has.
He hasnt the cash to buy players!
Taking a mortgage to buy the club proves that.
We just have to hope he's not going to shut up shop on the back of relegation as the squad as of now wont come straight back.
We have big weaknesses in all areas chiefly midfield but other areas need strengthening too.That will cost money! we do have parachute payments! use it wisely ! but investment in the team is vital.

The prince hasnt funded it ! The money for being a premiership team has.
He hasnt the cash to buy players!
Taking a mortgage to buy the club proves that.
We just have to hope he's not going to shut up shop on the back of relegation as the squad as of now wont come straight back.
We have big weaknesses in all areas chiefly midfield but other areas need strengthening too.That will cost money! we do have parachute payments! use it wisely ! but investment in the team is vital.
So what? He could've pocketed the lot like Norwich's chairman did, like Burnley's chairman does year in year out, like Mike Ashley does at Newcastle.
But he didn't, he reinvested nearly all of it and it's been wasted by the management this year.

We all would love a rich Russian oligarch with great intentions, but there aren't many of them about I'm afraid. And the ones that are, aren't queueing up to buy football clubs.

Give me the Prince with his limited (by comparison) funds over Chansiri, Fawaz, Tan etc. every fucking day. And twice on Sundays.

So what? He could've pocketed the lot like Norwich's chairman did, like Burnley's chairman does year in year out, like Mike Ashley does at Newcastle.
But he didn't, he reinvested nearly all of it and it's been wasted by the management this year.

We all would love a rich Russian oligarch with great intentions, but there aren't many of them about I'm afraid. And the ones that are, aren't queueing up to buy football clubs.

Give me the Prince with his limited (by comparison) funds over Chansiri, Fawaz, Tan etc. every fucking day. And twice on Sundays.
We will find out in the summer if you are right about his investment in the team.
I desperately want you to be right ! as without improvement in some areas we will not be contenders .We have 3 years parachute cash ! Hopefully we will only need one if you are right.

Thats a good point actually. I never thought Bamford would make a prem striker in a million years, even my Leeds fan friend had his doubts.

Yet there he is......
he wouldnt have playing in front of our midfield he would be on 4 maximum hes got a good supply line at leeds

Back
Top Bottom