Spare a thought for Mark Duffy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you have sympathy for him just think about this.. he’s probably sat home having celebrated both their goals

All very humiliating for a guy who did so much for us. CW is right though of course.

I don’t think I’ve seen everything from his Dad, but he has been at times fairly active on couple of popular Facebook pages. He can be quite argumentative, but in his defense, he’s got a load of idiots writing about how his son is a “money grabbing c***” and so on, so can understand him being a bit aggressive. I haven’t seen anything toooo bad from him, but I may have missed other stuff.

To me, though, I don’t care about his Dad, or his relationship with his Dad, or even about the manner in which he requested a new contract. I’m a Blades fan, we move on and we have moved on. He was one of the best players to watch for three years, though, during the best period of my Blade-supporting lifetime, so will always respect that. UTB

Love Mark as I do I think it's now time for him to get involved in gypsy fights. His dad would be great at sending video call outs on the internet to the likes of joe joyce.
Quite a small fellow too so would have no problems living in a "trailer" and shiteing in a bucket.

Sorry I arrived late yesterday so missed him. Was he resented to the fans? What happened exactly. So sorry I kissed seing him.

"Re-united with some familiar faces.
😍
Mark Duffy meets the players in the tunnel before kick-off last night."

Also watches the bounce-killer moment on the big screen with Enda

Such a shame really isn’t it. He was definitely good enough to go into the prem with us. He was completely running games in the championship and was probably top 3 best players in that squad. When you think how other stepped up there’s absolutely no reason to think he wouldn’t. He’d have loved that season wouldn’t he. He was such a big part of us getting there I think it was harsh to not give him the chance to step up.

Given his age too, there’s no reason to think if he didn’t get binned off when he did that he may be still playing for us now. He’s the same age as Billy.

I've always believed that all Blades were basically the same; naturally good humoured, humanitarian, generous of spirit and big hearted (probably pessimistic, and over sentimental by nature as well). Why wouldn't we welcome Mark Duffy back to the Lane. He lit up the Lane with some great performances, quite apart from THAT goal. He had that combination of creativity and toughness that my favourite United players had/have.

I was sorry to see him go. He made a mistake, although I've done similar things in my career. And regretted them. But I'll always remember him as one of the great players in red and white. Great to see him being warmly greeted by Billy.

Such a shame really isn’t it. He was definitely good enough to go into the prem with us. He was completely running games in the championship and was probably top 3 best players in that squad. When you think how other stepped up there’s absolutely no reason to think he wouldn’t. He’d have loved that season wouldn’t he. He was such a big part of us getting there I think it was harsh to not give him the chance to step up.

Given his age too, there’s no reason to think if he didn’t get binned off when he did that he may be still playing for us now. He’s the same age as Billy.
Would he tho, don't think he would have improved us on our ninth place finish first season or stopped us from getting relegated second season.

Been at multiple clubs since and flopped everywhere.

Thanks for the memories Duffman but every good thing comes to an end.

https://groundhopperguides.com/steel-city-derby-2017/

Oh go on then - this guy seemed to enjoy the day, sat in the North Stand
"There is a second in that video when you can feel the whole Wednesday crowd think to itself, “Hang on … this could … no!” Then the net rippled, and then came the eruption in red. The slamming shut of one door and blasting open of another. Devastation and exultation switching places on a dime. Again, it’s stunned silence all around me, leaning towards anger, with chaos in the distance. Again, I’m worried they’ll pounce on me for not being angry. Good thing they have no idea how much I’m loving this!"

That video is the greatest one ever......

:)

"There is a second in that video when you can feel the whole Wednesday crowd think to itself, “Hang on … this could … no!” Then the net rippled, and then came the eruption in red. The slamming shut of one door and blasting open of another. Devastation and exultation switching places on a dime. Again, it’s stunned silence all around me, leaning towards anger, with chaos in the distance. Again, I’m worried they’ll pounce on me for not being angry. Good thing they have no idea how much I’m loving this!"

That video is the greatest one ever......

:)
I think he did the return at the lane as well didn't he?

What he must be feeling tonight!

Looking forward and all that, though never forgotten what he did to get us here

UTB
Wilder had them in a meeting after promotion & said that they’d all get the promotion pay increase in their current contracts & if we stayed up beyond the first season the club would look at contract re-negotiations after that .
After meeting Duffy went to see Wilder & said Stoke were after him & he wanted a pay increase in a re-negotiated contact , rest is history. Before anyone asks a very very reliable source .

Back
Top Bottom