Spare a thought for Mark Duffy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

These types of threads prove there’s no loyalty in football from players and fans.
I’d love to personally thank Duffy for giving me so much pleasure and giving me my best memories as a Blade.
He’s made a mistake....but shit happens and now he’s paying for it....it is a shame he never got to play against his club...but that was his risk.

Its business and nothing personal....just imagine if Lundstram demands £70K a week...wanting to be the top earner at SUFC.
Suspect our fans will throw loads of insults in his direction calling him greedy but again that’s his risk.
We’d turn down his request and bring in new targets. Lundstram would move on a free and probably get quite close to his demand elsewhere.
However if he moves to another club he could find himself in a Duffy situation where is style doesn’t fit..his form suffers and he doesn’t play.
Actually if Lundstrsm moved to another ckub on a free...he’ll become very rich...but his career might end at top level as he becomes a regular league 1 player.

As opposed to a League one player sat in the stand? Where the club he’s on loan to want rid?

Great memories of him aren’t clouded by subsequent events, but l have little sympathy for where he finds himself now.

Fantastic memories but we have moved on. He could have been a part of this. If he had been patient he would have done well with the profile the Prem Brings but he got his head turned by his entourage. So no, my thoughts aren't with the Duff, they are with the likes of Enda, Flecky, George, Ollie Norwood etc who just love playing for this club and quietly get on with doing an amazing job.

I remember Wilder mentioning in an interview after we'd won promotion and mentioned Duffy living his dream of running out at Anfield.

Closest he'll get now is on FIFA unfortunately.

Just goes to show how a bit of money and fame can change people when his back story is actually quite inspiring having come from part time football to having a big hand in getting promoted to the Premier League after not long ago playing in all manner of lower league backwaters, only to chuck it away 😕

I spare a thought for Lunny as he might not get to play through injury rather than greed
If hes not fit, he will be disappointed, but I sure he will realise that the remaining games are just as important as this and he will be needed.

There's on thing no poster on this forum should ever forget Mark Duffy for - giving us the best handle on the web. Step forward Dark muffy
Very sad day for me when Duffy fucked off....i thought about joining the stoke forum but doubt they'd appreciate a decent muffy. Have to say I've not been impressed with what our dhillip puffys been saying on social media.

Very sad day for me when Duffy fucked off....i thought about joining the stoke forum but doubt they'd appreciate a decent muffy. Have to say I've not been impressed with what our dhillip puffys been saying on social media.
What's been said? Not much on his facebook

I don't go on Twitter to be honest, so haven't seen Philip Duffy's comments.b i'm guessing he's fairly bitter. Although it didn't look good this summer and we back Wilder over any player, I only have fond memories for Duffy, nothing changes my mind on that, irrespective of how he left - it seemed he was badly advised more than anything. I remember when my favourite player at the time Paul Devlin left for Birmingham and he didn't cover himself in glory but I literally paid my ticket every week knowing Dev would give his all and was the main entertainment for me, in an average Blades side. So re Duffy I can only have good things to say about him and its sad to see him unused at Stoke, I hope he gets a move this January to a club that will use him regularly, he still has much to offer I'm sure.

From a somebody to a nobody in a kick of a football

I don't go on Twitter to be honest, so haven't seen Philip Duffy's comments.b i'm guessing he's fairly bitter. Although it didn't look good this summer and we back Wilder over any player, I only have fond memories for Duffy, nothing changes my mind on that, irrespective of how he left - it seemed he was badly advised more than anything. I remember when my favourite player at the time Paul Devlin left for Birmingham and he didn't cover himself in glory but I literally paid my ticket every week knowing Dev would give his all and was the main entertainment for me, in an average Blades side. So re Duffy I can only have good things to say about him and its sad to see him unused at Stoke, I hope he gets a move this January to a club that will use him regularly, he still has much to offer I'm sure.
Dev was my favourite too all though I was only a young whipper snapper at the time so can’t actually remember the bad blood

He's going to the game tonight still, and he jokingly said that he's hoping for a 4-4 draw.

I tried to think about him, but we're playing "the best team in the world" tonight, and that's more exciting than thinking about one of Stokes bench warmers.

Whatever acrimony surrounds Duffy's departure, surely the real bollocks that underpins Duffy junior is the behaviour of his dad and how it's inflamed feelings towards his son. Clearly Duffy senior is incapable of showing any restraint, and in his eyes the real trouble maker in all of this is Chris Wilder. Not that it's necessary, but we've reached heights this season that any Blade would have considered unthinkable before the season began, and all without Mark Duffy anywhere to be found.

I'm not anti-Mark. He brought great skill to the Blades, but clearly it worked within a system devised by Wilder and Knill, and so the wheel turns and the Blades continue to improve and impress. Mark's overall contribution to our progress shouldn't be decimated because he happens to share the same gene-pool as his dad. Hi dad is an irrelevance, and I have fond memories of Duffy junior and the skill I witnessed while he wore our colours. It might be a contentious matter for some, but we saw the best Blades midfield ever with Coutts, Duffy, and Fleck at their finest. Bear that in mind before demonising Mark Duffy completely, and whether Mark could have shown great maturity in his decision making, well that's something that only Mark can be held responsible for.

It's a shame how things have worked out.
But remember that it wasn't CW that came in asking for a new contract before the season had even began....
I would spare a thought for him but I'm too busy giving my thoughts to the team I'm a fan of, which is Sheffield United. Not Duffy FC.

Tough outcome for the bounce killer,he moves on to Stoke and they keep him stapled to the bench.

Whatever acrimony surrounds Duffy's departure, surely the real bollocks that underpins Duffy junior is the behaviour of his dad and how it's inflamed feelings towards his son. Clearly Duffy senior is incapable of showing any restraint, and in his eyes the real trouble maker in all of this is Chris Wilder. Not that it's necessary, but we've reached heights this season that any Blade would have considered unthinkable before the season began, and all without Mark Duffy anywhere to be found.

I'm not anti-Mark. He brought great skill to the Blades, but clearly it worked within a system devised by Wilder and Knill, and so the wheel turns and the Blades continue to improve and impress. Mark's overall contribution to our progress shouldn't be decimated because he happens to share the same gene-pool as his dad. Hi dad is an irrelevance, and I have fond memories of Duffy junior and the skill I witnessed while he wore our colours. It might be a contentious matter for some, but we saw the best Blades midfield ever with Coutts, Duffy, and Fleck at their finest. Bear that in mind before demonising Mark Duffy completely, and whether Mark could have shown great maturity in his decision making, well that's something that only Mark can be held responsible for.

Best midfield ever?

Aye third division better Currie and Salmons?

Bit like the pigs saying third division Craig was better than Currie.

Shame how it ended... or seemingly so, with Duffy.
Thought he was an integral part of the Wilder machine and was a great watch.
Regarding the non-football related antics I would still wish him all the best and would regard us as being 'his home' like a great many players that gravitate back to us when they finish playing. Especially those that are successful or build a rapport with the fans.

He'd be welcomed back from me.

Briefly, what did his old man say???

No sympathy from me.

The club he should be most bothered about is the one keeping his family in Dubai all inclusives and beige carpets these past 3 years.

Best midfield ever?

Aye third division better Currie and Salmons?

Bit like the pigs saying third division Craig was better than Currie.

Now stop it you ;)

Agree mate, Currie and Salmons were excellent....and to be honest, very little of genuine comparison given when the two midfield's played.

I'd still plump for the Coutts inspired midfield, and that's not to dismiss Fleck or Duffy, but to my mind, what Wilder and Knill managed to do with Coutts was remarkable, from potential to top player, even in Division 1 or whatever you old 'uns prefer to call it.

As for Currie, a great player by any standards, and Salmons wasn't too shoddy either.

Well I fly appreciate what the Bounce slayer did for Dem Blades and no, not just that goal against the pigs. He has magical feet that amazed me. His close control was superb and it was so unfortunate that he took the actions that he did. He would’ve been a great impact sub and the triumvirate of Coutts, Fleck and Duffy was a beautiful thing to behold. Do I wish we still had him here, yes. Do I feel sorry for him......a little but he was so naive to think that demands would work with CWAK. I feel sorry for Couttsy who I also admired but he left in a way that us Blades understand and admire. Great, great shame but we move on. Good luck Duffmeister and Good Luck Couttsy ......you never give the ball away!

I won’t be sparing a thought for him. If he hadn’t thrown his toys out of the prank, he may well have been involved.

Back
Top Bottom