So who's running the show?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is alarming is the amount of players out of contract in the summer
On 1st January pre contracts can be signed (is it only foreign transfers ?)
Osula is the only one who has signed a new deal as far as Im aware

By the prince's guidelines..

Age related value is the yardstick he uses, so we offer the 28 year olds and below deals because they have a higher market value due to age, both berge and illiman turned deals down I believe, so we cashed in, cut our losses..

Jebbeson isn't signing, but how will we miss somebody who never plays, but age related value meant he was offered a contract.. Same with mcburnie, he was offered and hasn't signed as far as I'm aware.

Knowing that 2 strikers have stalled or refused, Osula signed his, knowing he's getting game time when they go.

Oli Mac and Jebbeson to be made available in January??? . Its fitting the narrative of the Prince cashing in before they go for nothing.

TIN HAT ON..

Edit : added a few question marks in the right spot..

If the plan, as was suggested, involved collecting the PL money, regrouping and going again within the 5 year plan, then it is not an”almighty mess”.
The 5 year plan goes to shit if you don’t get promoted within 2 seasons though.

It’s another ‘wait and see’ scenario with absolutely no guarantees and the potential for us to end up in a much worse position than we started.

Fail to get promoted in year 1 this time and there’ll be no hanging on to the saleable assets to have a go in the 2nd season and then it becomes a vicious cycle as you have to cut wages to remain solvent, by definition you get worse players and become a Championship club (ask Norwich, WBA, Huddersfield etc.).

If you roll the dice, keep players and fail you become a Bolton, Wigan etc.

The 5 year plan bollocks doesn’t wash at all.

It’s another ‘wait and see’ scenario with absolutely no guarantees and the potential for us to end up in a much worse position than we started.

Fail to get promoted in year 1 this time and there’ll be no hanging on to the saleable assets to have a go in the 2nd season and then it becomes a vicious cycle as you have to cut wages to remain solvent, by definition you get worse players and become a Championship club (ask Norwich, WBA, Huddersfield etc.).

I agree. I don’t think we are being run well, but I was simply pointing out what appears to be the plan.

isn't that a good thing ???
get shut of the likes of Fleck, Osbourn and others
a clean team sheet & start again

Things I was told in pre-season (all true, I have the receipts)

"Judge us when the window shuts"

"You have to wait for the best loan players"

"Selling Berge and Ndiaye is a good thing long term"

"Slimane, Traore and Laurouci are fantastic signings"

"We have a better squad than last season"

"This will be Brewsters season"

I'm really frustrated with how easily some accepted the summer and seemingly had no idea what was coming.

Roy, can you imagine the playing staff taking all that in, and then not thinking “What the fuck’s going on?”

Not exactly inspiring, is it?

By the prince's guidelines..

Age related value is the yardstick he uses, so we offer the 28 year olds and below deals because they have a higher market value due to age, both berge and illiman turned deals down I believe, so we cashed in, cut our losses..

Jebbeson isn't signing, but how will we miss somebody who never plays, but age related value meant he was offered a contract.. Same with mcburnie, he was offered and hasn't signed as far as I'm aware.

Knowing that 2 strikers have stalled or refused, Osula signed his, knowing he's getting game time when they go.

Oli Mac and Jebbeson to be made available in January??? . Its fitting the narrative of the Prince cashing in before they go for nothing.

TIN HAT ON..

Edit : added a few question marks in the right spot..

We had strikers lined up on loan on deadline day - just needed green light from PA. He wouldn't do it because he'd rather Jebbison got game time which would increase his valuation in time for getting the best price for him in January. There's a strong chance he'll be gone in Jan, but depends on his health condition.

If we get an offer for McBurnie (likely) and he hasn't signed a new deal, he'll go too.

We thought the team/squad which started this season was bad. Just wait until the start of next season! Doesn't bear thinking about really.

Tbf to the prince he's had no luck with the strikers has he..

I know he's the bogey man at the minute, but Brewster, good god what a disaster for both parties..

Princy nowhere to be seen at the most critical part of the season, so the question is "Who is in charge?"
Does Hecky walk into work today and not have to explain to anyone about the abysmal showing on Saturday?
The lack of interest from anyone in and around the boardroom to try and sort out this almighty mess is quite alarming.
If i cocked up at work i would expect to get a right fucking earful but it looks like no one at the top gives a shit and is content with seeing us roll on and on into the abyss and nosedive into relegation.
Pathetic showing from our owners.

When Hecky was appointed, the prince and the board were clear:
  • Business matters: Bettis
  • Football matters: Hecky

The prince and the team stated that they would not be as visible.

Results and footballing performance wise we're not doing very well, but it's in a league above where we were previously with mostly proven Championship quality players and players of that level. I don't see that side as a mess, other than the performances and some lack of desire in 3 games - Arsenal, Bournemouth and Newcastle. The rest of the games we've been in the games for most of it without being very good.

Whilst i'd question Hecky on his negativity in some games, we've shown in others that we can be more positive and a little more competitive.

We're geared up for going down, we'll sell or release some and i'm sure we'll focus on being strong in the Championship.

The only question for the owners is whether something has changed and they no longer see Hecky as being progressive enough to yo-yo the club for a few years and push on eventually, like other clubs have done.

In the past I've stuck up for the Prince on here as I believed he had the club's best interests at heart.

However, ever since we sealed promotion it's been an utter car crash. The more I think about it the more pissed off it makes me, all the hard work undone because of our incompetence on and off the field.

Since 26th April when we got promoted we've had:

• Darren fucking Smith
  • Saying on national TV that he wants the club sold within 4 weeks raising expectation in the fan base that a deal was close
  • Players being told they want to stay by the manager but blocked by the board
  • A pathetic budget for new signings leaving the squad woefully short of quality in key areas
  • Selling arguably the 2 best players at the club without replacements lined up
  • Darren fucking Smith
  • That line up against Palace
  • Writing off the first 4 games because we did our business at the very end of the window
  • Conducting an interview saying that players play better when they have a year left on their contract, prompting unrest in the dressing room
  • Strong rumours for 2 months that Wilder is circling ready for when Heckingbottom gets sacked that was clearly leaked by someone at board level
  • Still not found a buyer for the club and his mouthpiece saying it's because Sheffield doesn't have an airport
  • Darren fucking Smith

I'm fully expecting a rumour to leak before Christmas about a buyer being found, just so that it gives an excuse to not spend a penny in January whilst the process goes through only for something to crop up on 1st February that means that it's fallen through.

We're a Premier League club, it's about time we started acting like one.
Can't argue with any of that.

Things I was told in pre-season (all true, I have the receipts)

"Judge us when the window shuts"

"You have to wait for the best loan players"

"Selling Berge and Ndiaye is a good thing long term"

"Slimane, Traore and Laurouci are fantastic signings"

"We have a better squad than last season"

"This will be Brewsters season"

I'm really frustrated with how easily some accepted the summer and seemingly had no idea what was coming.
Part of the issue with football is that people are that emotionally invested in it that they believe any old shit they’re told. It’s like preying on the stupid at times.

I agree. I don’t think we are being run well, but I was simply pointing out what appears to be the plan.
I think you’re giving far too much credit about the powers that be planning for 5 years in the future.

Part of the issue with football is that people are that emotionally invested in it that they believe any old shit they’re told. It’s like preying on the stupid at times.

People wanted to believe it was going to be ok. I totally get that. Football fans should have blind hope but that pre-season being span by some like it was anything other than a shambles is really frustrating because people fell for it and so we will likely get the same shit again in the future.

What is alarming is the amount of players out of contract in the summer
On 1st January pre contracts can be signed (is it only foreign transfers ?)
Osula is the only one who has signed a new deal as far as Im aware
The Prince is rubbing his hands at the collapsing wage bill

So we sack Hecki as a lot of fans want ( I don't incidentally) who comes in to take on that roll?
Can't see any coach taking the job on with all that would be required, ,definitely Wilder wouldnt
want it.
Is the best way forward to bring in a coach and Hecki reverting to basically a football geru!.
Don't think Hecki or his team would accept it.
No doubt the Prince has left him with an ailing pup
Which needs attention pronto.
It would be in my opinion the most unjust sacking by us.He couldn't make a silk purse out of our current squad ! I don't think any coach could.!!
The list of applicants would be enormous don't kid yourself.

So …… are we now in year 5 of the current 5 year plan ? Coz if we are then that one failed and the next one looks like it’s going tits up too.

Sorry if that doesn’t make sense but I’m still bewildered and dazed from the match on Saturday.

Sooner or later, Hecky will have adopt changes that he personally does not like.

The Prince has let the club down, but he doesn’t care about his reputation, or the managers.

When the fans stop turning up The football manager will need to change his attitude to selection, tactics and substitutions.

The Prince might not be too bothered, but PH will need the reputation to find another job when this one is lost!

The fan demographic and the game has changed a great deal since the club last faced obscurity. The Prince will lose money, and the manager will lose what’s left of his reputation.

In both cases, the old adage applies. ‘Reputation is like virginity. You can only lose it once’.

Like many have said in here , it's all about the money. Prince knew he couldn't afford to spend what it would take to keep us up, so he calculated what he could afford in the championship next season and has built the squad around that, lots of cheap investments and higher earners not having their contracts renewed (or being offered ones that are inferior)

All PH has to do is get on with it and not moan.

Prince only cares about money, and given his circumstances, he has no emotional ties to Sheffield United, why shouldn't he? He knows what he needs to do to keep us ticking over while making money, he's not going to give two fucks if we are a national embarrassment

With regard to Hecky, I think the term is: Back him or sack him

Back
Top Bottom