So who's running the show?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Princy nowhere to be seen at the most critical part of the season, so the question is "Who is in charge?"
Does Hecky walk into work today and not have to explain to anyone about the abysmal showing on Saturday?
The lack of interest from anyone in and around the boardroom to try and sort out this almighty mess is quite alarming.
If i cocked up at work i would expect to get a right fucking earful but it looks like no one at the top gives a shit and is content with seeing us roll on and on into the abyss and nosedive into relegation.
Pathetic showing from our owners.

The lack of accountability is alarming.

No one is holding PH to account and he certainly doesn’t hold the players to account.

Unfortunately not enough players holding each other to account .

I’m dying to see someone shout “not fucking good enough” or similar to their teammates like Morgan used to.

Stephen Bettis is PA's man to do the running of the club.
Whether we like it or not, I think the plan is what it is, and I suspect that involves spending minimal money, and getting relegated if it happens.

It is alarming that the club appears to be rudderless.
On the pitch we just seem to have given up before a ball is kicked.
I think most Blades can forgive us getting relegated, but just not fighting for every ball and lack of a fighting attitude is unforgivable.

Princy nowhere to be seen at the most critical part of the season, so the question is "Who is in charge?"
Does Hecky walk into work today and not have to explain to anyone about the abysmal showing on Saturday?
The lack of interest from anyone in and around the boardroom to try and sort out this almighty mess is quite alarming.
If i cocked up at work i would expect to get a right fucking earful but it looks like no one at the top gives a shit and is content with seeing us roll on and on into the abyss and nosedive into relegation.
Its been like it since the start of the season. The Prince isn't interested
Hence why he's selling up,
He won't ( can't afford) to get rid of Hecky ! and bring in another new manager, so we'll just have to sit back and watch our beloved club spiral into oblivion, 😞 shambles of a club

The Prince made his statement when he gave Hecky a 5 year deal.

Also I seem to remember one of his acolytes on the board at the time basically said ' we are fucking off back to Saudi now and the running of the club is down to the men in Sheffield'

I'm afraid I think we are stuck in this purgatory for the foreseeable future

It is alarming that the club appears to be rudderless.
On the pitch we just seem to have given up before a ball is kicked.
I think most Blades can forgive us getting relegated, but just not fighting for every ball and lack of a fighting attitude is unforgivable.
This is what is hard to take.
Everyone knew it would be a hard season where the chances are we wouldn't survive. The club openly spoke about a 'longer plan' which I assumed was to be in a strong position to come back up should we be relegated - but in a stronger financial position so we could compete next time. At the same time 'give it a good go' while we are here, irrespective of the team we can put out.
I was fine with that and I think most fans were too.
Fans won't keep turning up to watch us hoping to 'still be in the game' by the 70th minute then try to go forwards more then....at this level most games will be gone by then. However way you skin it, playing Archer up front on his own against anyone is asking for all the stick you get thrown back. Everyone can see he cannot hold the ball, it isn't his game.

In some games 'going for it' will hurt us, but it is a risk/reward. Some games we might actually win if we showed some ambition.
If McBurnie wasn't fully fit for 90 mins on Saturday, OK - play Osula for the first half, give him instructions to 'go and make life difficult' for the opposition.
I would say most fans would be happy with that scenario.

Currently we are having to watch the same tactical crap every game, it is a hard watch for even the most positive of fans.
I have defended Hecky all season, but unless he is going to be braver in his set up then there is no point. We are already in danger of this team being nowhere near ready to mount a promotion threat next season - which would be unforgivable.

We've nothing to lose now we're going down, two up front every game 8s a must, Archer with Oli or Osula, 4 4 2, make Robbo the captain and play
Wes,
Baldock, Anel, Trusty, Robbo,
Hamer, Slimane, Osborn,
McAtee
Osula/McBurnie, Archer
Just go for it!!,

In the past I've stuck up for the Prince on here as I believed he had the club's best interests at heart.

However, ever since we sealed promotion it's been an utter car crash. The more I think about it the more pissed off it makes me, all the hard work undone because of our incompetence on and off the field.

Since 26th April when we got promoted we've had:

• Darren fucking Smith
  • Saying on national TV that he wants the club sold within 4 weeks raising expectation in the fan base that a deal was close
  • Players being told they want to stay by the manager but blocked by the board
  • A pathetic budget for new signings leaving the squad woefully short of quality in key areas
  • Selling arguably the 2 best players at the club without replacements lined up
  • Darren fucking Smith
  • That line up against Palace
  • Writing off the first 4 games because we did our business at the very end of the window
  • Conducting an interview saying that players play better when they have a year left on their contract, prompting unrest in the dressing room
  • Strong rumours for 2 months that Wilder is circling ready for when Heckingbottom gets sacked that was clearly leaked by someone at board level
  • Still not found a buyer for the club and his mouthpiece saying it's because Sheffield doesn't have an airport
  • Darren fucking Smith

I'm fully expecting a rumour to leak before Christmas about a buyer being found, just so that it gives an excuse to not spend a penny in January whilst the process goes through only for something to crop up on 1st February that means that it's fallen through.

We're a Premier League club, it's about time we started acting like one.

They quite clearly said when he was appointed he wouldn’t be judged on results. He’s being judged on getting the costs down and make us self sustaining on that he’s succeeding.

In the past I've stuck up for the Prince on here as I believed he had the club's best interests at heart.

However, ever since we sealed promotion it's been an utter car crash. The more I think about it the more pissed off it makes me, all the hard work undone because of our incompetence on and off the field.

• Darren fucking Smith
  • Saying on national TV that he wants the club sold within 4 weeks raising expectation in the fan base that a deal was close
  • A pathetic budget for new signings leaving the squad woefully short of quality in key areas
  • Darren fucking Smith
  • Writing off the first 4 games because we did our business at the very end of the window
  • Conducting an interview saying that players play better when they have a year left on their contract, prompting unrest in the dressing room
  • Strong rumours for 2 months that Wilder is circling ready for when Heckingbottom gets sacked that was clearly leaked by someone at board level
  • Still not found a buyer for the club and his mouthpiece saying it's because Sheffield doesn't have an airport
  • Darren fucking Smith

I'm fully expecting a rumour to leak before Christmas about a buyer being found, just so that it gives an excuse to not spend a penny in January whilst the process goes through only for something to crop up on 1st February that means that it's fallen through.

My take is were a professional football club (allegedly) let's start acting like one instead of being tin pot!!

They quite clearly said when he was appointed he wouldn’t be judged on results. He’s being judged on getting the costs down and make us self sustaining on that he’s succeeding.
So we sack Hecki as a lot of fans want ( I don't incidentally) who comes in to take on that roll?
Can't see any coach taking the job on with all that would be required, ,definitely Wilder wouldnt
want it.
Is the best way forward to bring in a coach and Hecki reverting to basically a football geru!.
Don't think Hecki or his team would accept it.
No doubt the Prince has left him with an ailing pup
Which needs attention pronto.
It would be in my opinion the most unjust sacking by us.He couldn't make a silk purse out of our current squad ! I don't think any coach could.!!

So we sack Hecki as a lot of fans want ( I don't incidentally) who comes in to take on that roll?
Can't see any coach taking the job on with all that would be required, ,definitely Wilder wouldnt
want it.
Is the best way forward to bring in a coach and Hecki reverting to basically a football geru!.
It would be in my opinion the most unjust sacking by us.He couldn't make a silk purse out of our current squad ! I don't think any coach could.!!
It's not all heckys fault obviously, prince fucked us over before a ball was even kicked. But the performances have been a fucking disgrace, can't even get excited to watch your own team play, he's tactically naive and seems out of answers.

This is what is hard to take.
Everyone knew it would be a hard season where the chances are we wouldn't survive. The club openly spoke about a 'longer plan' which I assumed was to be in a strong position to come back up should we be relegated - but in a stronger financial position so we could compete next time. At the same time 'give it a good go' while we are here, irrespective of the team we can put out.
I was fine with that and I think most fans were too.
Fans won't keep turning up to watch us hoping to 'still be in the game' by the 70th minute then try to go forwards more then....at this level most games will be gone by then. However way you skin it, playing Archer up front on his own against anyone is asking for all the stick you get thrown back. Everyone can see he cannot hold the ball, it isn't his game.

In some games 'going for it' will hurt us, but it is a risk/reward. Some games we might actually win if we showed some ambition.
If McBurnie wasn't fully fit for 90 mins on Saturday, OK - play Osula for the first half, give him instructions to 'go and make life difficult' for the opposition.
I would say most fans would be happy with that scenario.

Currently we are having to watch the same tactical crap every game, it is a hard watch for even the most positive of fans.
I have defended Hecky all season, but unless he is going to be braver in his set up then there is no point. We are already in danger of this team being nowhere near ready to mount a promotion threat next season - which would be unforgivable.

This has been said quite a few times, and to be honest, I don't understand it. How does getting relegated and then being promoted back to the Premier League put us in a "stronger financial position"?

Wouldn't it make more sense to finish 4th from bottom and stay up, in the top flight?

I am obviously missing something, here, but can't for the life of me see what that is.

This has been said quite a few times, and to be honest, I don't understand it. How does getting relegated and then being promoted back to the Premier League put us in a "stronger financial position"?

Wouldn't it make more sense to finish 4th from bottom and stay up, in the top flight?

I am obviously missing something, here, but can't for the life of me see what that is.

The reason no one has come out and explained that is because it's bollocks.

If the plan, as was suggested, involved collecting the PL money, regrouping and going again within the 5 year plan, then it is not an”almighty mess”.

• Darren fucking Smith
  • Darren fucking Smith
  • Darren fucking Smith

We are acting like one. Northern Premier….

The reason no one has come out and explained that is because it's bollocks.

I can only think that people mean we get parachute payments, and the players get paid less (because of relegation clauses), so we have less outgoings and can save a bit of money? I genuinely don't look at it in those terms. Stay up at all costs, I say.

Bettis told us that we had an excellent summer of recruitment and he had no regrets, so I have every confidence in him based on that.
I'd be saying that too if the Prince was paying me probably 200kpa to do so

want it.
By no means is it all Heckys fault. But tactics, substitutions is most certainly on him and the coaches. Our dreadful injury record is in part on him. So whilst I’m grateful for everything he has done, in no way could it be described as unjust if he does go.

I don’t want Wilder back either, but I’m not sure how you can say he definitely wouldn’t take it when all the ITK’s are pretty nailed on that he would.

It’s not always about making a silk purse, it’s about making a functional, tactically competent team. Luton seem to be managing it

Things I was told in pre-season (all true, I have the receipts)

"Judge us when the window shuts"

"You have to wait for the best loan players"

"Selling Berge and Ndiaye is a good thing long term"

"Slimane, Traore and Laurouci are fantastic signings"

"We have a better squad than last season"

"This will be Brewsters season"

I'm really frustrated with how easily some accepted the summer and seemingly had no idea what was coming.

Things I was told in pre-season (all true, I have the receipts)

"Judge us when the window shuts"

"You have to wait for the best loan players"

"Selling Berge and Ndiaye is a good thing long term"

"Slimane, Traore and Laurouci are fantastic signings"

"We have a better squad than last season"

"This will be Brewsters season"

I'm really frustrated with how easily some accepted the summer and seemingly had no idea what was coming.
Apart from quality we are short in all areas important in prem in fact any division.Luton who keep getting mentioned as they seem to be making a better fist of it than us and Burnley.
It's not quality just physicality, athletism,physical strong big units! Sounds like Luton are world beaters!.They have built on there strengths from last season,both us and Burnley seem to have list it at recruitment stage
Premiership is now the land of giants ! Big players who can play,we have brought in mainly small players who can perhaps play within a more balanced squad which we are well short.There were games in the championship where we were bullied ! It happens weekly in the prem!just don't understand where we've been looking for recruits .
Baldock &Robinson our two really physical players and it's hold your breath time as both run the gauntlet of a sending off every match,at least they put it in.

Apart from quality we are short in all areas important in prem in fact any division.Luton who keep getting mentioned as they seem to be making a better fist of it than us and Burnley.
Burnley are lower than us in the table and yet play better than us. Silver linings and all that .

Back
Top Bottom