So who is signing Monday ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dutch premierleagueteam F.C. Utrecht says that striker Erixon Danso (born 22 July 1989) will spent some days at Shirecliffe.
Danso made his debut against SC Heerenveen on 19 April 2009. Before he moved to Utrecht he played in some youthteams at Ajax Amsterdam.

Ideally Id want us to get Miller or Phillips but I just have a feeling its Marcus Bent.

Although Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request maybe we should take a punt? :D

Miller is just what we need - pace & power. Marcus Bent isn't but may well be cheaper. Personally I'd rather not bother getting anyone than go for Bent.

It looks like it is Marcus Bent. I dont have a problem with that. He's probably better than anything else we've got despite his recent lack of games. He'll do a job and will give us another option.

If MA can rebuild his confidence and get the best out of him then he could grab a few important goals. He hasnt had regular first team football for a bit so this could revitalise his career.

I'm not jumping for joy but I think it could turn out to be a smart signing by MA.

to be fair, not many people were jumping for joy when we signed cresswell, but he's done pretty dam well for us, maybe bent can do the same?

Think Bent's a bit of a closet Blade. I read an interview with him in FourFourTwo where he is very complintery of United and says that his time here was the best of his career.

Not for me thanks

Just cannot get excited about a player that's made 13 1st team appearances in two and a half years and who hasn't scored a senior goal in that time.

No time for sentiment. We need players that will hit the ground running and I just don't see how this fella will do that.

20 games to save our season!!!

Come on Blades

Not for me thanks

Just cannot get excited about a player that's made 13 1st team appearances in two and a half years and who hasn't scored a senior goal in that time.

No time for sentiment. We need players that will hit the ground running and I just don't see how this fella will do that.

20 games to save our season!!!

Come on Blades

Bent is one of the best striker I've seen at the lane.

If he can turn some performances like he did 10 years ago, we'll all be very happy.

Good luck to the lad.

If he can turn some performances like he did 10 years ago, we'll all be very happy.

Good luck to the lad.

Yep, I saw him as wll 10 years ago and whilst he did well, that was 10 years ago.

He's not playing games and I have to ask why? 13 turn outs in two and half years surely doesn't send out the right message? Well it certainly doesn't to me.

Nowt against the fella, as you say he did well, but I stand by what I say, he's not for me.

If he does come, then good luck and I hope he proves me wrong, but I have serious doubts

Good Lord, have we really been that bad?

Without really thinking about it, better strikers than Bent, in my time:

Jones
Birchenall
Dearden
Tudor
Bone
Edwards
Hatton
Stainrod
Mendonca
Deane
Agana
Fjortoft
Marcello
Blake

I'm sure I've missed quite a few more.

Although Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request maybe we should take a punt? :D

That's the same Darren Bent who inherited the coveted Number 9 shirt at Hinchingbrooke School, Huntingdon, from Trig.

Not immediately, just 25 years after, so others may have worn it in the meantime too. Or maybe they withdrew it in 1971, in Trig's honour......

Posters on BM saying MB was at the Lane this morning! :(

Looks like we are shopping at PoundLand then.

Cannot understand why we would want MB - surely no better than Cresswell if played as the main front man. He used to have pace but I am not sure he will still have any of that left. Always strong and good in the air and not afraid to put in where it hurts - but that was a long time ago. Still - he may be ok in our fight against relegation, in our league. Ched seems incapable of holding his breath - never mind possession. He looked like a kid playing a mans game at the weekend - lost and clueless.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

FFS - this has now been consigned to the rumour section.
Thought it was a little optimistic

The problem Marcus Bent seemed to have was that he was too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem. He'd have a good run of scoring at this level, then get bought by a Prem club and do nothing and either get sold back down or get relegated.
Whether that is still the case now, and whether he can still cut it at this level, is a different matter. Hopefully he can, although he didn't do anything with M'boro last season. Personally I wouldn't mind having him back as I feel he could still have goals in him, as long as he's not costing us too much.

From Phoenix Blade:

"No news on Striker! due to target we are after we cannot afford his wages.

We have not enough money to fund him coming in.........

Talks are on going deal not dead...... (waiting on a phone call from mate)

No new player has been at training today if they had it would have leaked out !!!"

From Phoenix Blade:

"No news on Striker! due to target we are after we cannot afford his wages.

We have not enough money to fund him coming in.........

Talks are on going deal not dead...... (waiting on a phone call from mate)

No new player has been at training today if they had it would have leaked out !!!"

Just send Nossy back and that would release the funds needed surely.

McCabe should hang his head in shame. We are desperate for some quality players - not kids with no experience or past it players who've not performed for years. Our current team has relegation written all over it. And to have Manderic splashing the cash on the tax dodging Pigs just makes it worse.

If McCabe isn't prepared to back the club financially can someone explain to me what the fuck he does?

Bent isn't the answer anyway - he's hardly even played in the last few years never mind scored.

I tend to agree, but I was looking at reasons why MA's prediction of a signing has not come to fruition. I seem to recall him also saying at some stage that he was waiting for other transfers in the Premiership to cause some movement. Maybe it was Philips

Bent isn't the answer anyway - he's hardly even played in the last few years never mind scored.
Doesn't really matter how many he's scored in the past, it's how many he scores from now on that's important.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Who is signing Monday? No one it would appear.

McCabe should hang his head in shame. We are desperate for some quality players - not kids with no experience or past it players who've not performed for years. Our current team has relegation written all over it. And to have Manderic splashing the cash on the tax dodging Pigs just makes it worse.

If McCabe isn't prepared to back the club financially can someone explain to me what the fuck he does?

I'm afraid he owns the club Deano and appears to have lost interest. He does what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom