Slimane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reckon it'll have took CW 4 minutes to regret starting him over Brooks
Must have been for some sort of tactical reason/attempted foil against Palace?

Can't understand it otherwise.

It must be just me then who thought he was actually doing some nice things when he had the ball. First 10-15 he looked a bit lost but then we appeared to tweak things and he got better. He doesn’t lose the ball and tries to make passes inside the fullbacks. The trouble is we don’t have the ball very often and most of our team try to get rid of it as soon as they get it. I would say that he did more with the ball than McB first half

It must be just me then who thought he was actually doing some nice things when he had the ball. First 10-15 he looked a bit lost but then we appeared to tweak things and he got better. He doesn’t lose the ball and tries to make passes inside the fullbacks. The trouble is we don’t have the ball very often and most of our team try to get rid of it as soon as they get it. I would say that he did more with the ball than McB first half
He was playing in midfield I would expect him to be more involved than mcburnie who spent most of the half chasing aimless punts up midfield other than when he was instrumental in setting up our second as it was played into feet.
Slimane has previously looked like a decent player who needed time to settle, unfortunately last night he created nothing , never won the ball and frequently gave it away. what our scouts were looking at when signing him and Traore I dare to think.

I didn't see a thing he positively did? And McBurnie got an assist tbf.

He was playing in midfield I would expect him to be more involved than mcburnie who spent most of the half chasing aimless punts up midfield other than when he was instrumental in setting up our second as it was played into feet.
Slimane has previously looked like a decent player who needed time to settle, unfortunately last night he created nothing , never won the ball and frequently gave it away. what our scouts were looking at when signing him and Traore I dare to think.
Wasn’t he playing off McB rather than as a midfielder. Anyhow this is not a dig at McB. As a whole, we’re just not good enough and don’t have the ball long enough for anyone to look good.

First signing of the summer this guy btw.
Kind of lends weight to the point that it doesn’t matter what level of investment we’ve got when the recruitment team gets such piss poor value from the money being spent on new players

I honestly don't know what type of midfielder Slimane is. He doesn't seem to be very creative, not a tough-tackler, and he doesn't have a great engine to get up and down. I know he's a young lad still, but can anybody enlighten me?

Playing him to increase his value ready to be punted in the summer. Much easier to shift a player that has X amount of PL minutes in his CV than someone with none. CW is playing 4D Chess. 😉
Unless they watch him.

I honestly don't know what type of midfielder Slimane is. He doesn't seem to be very creative, not a tough-tackler, and he doesn't have a great engine to get up and down. I know he's a young lad still, but can anybody enlighten me?

He's a classic United midfield signing. Doesn't do anything particularly well. See also Tom Davies.

Who the fuck signed him tho , who actually thought he’s a good player, he’s good enough for the premiership ??
Traore is another, who the fuck is signing these players?
Heckingbottom.. what a pile of shit they are you can add trusty to that list as well, and I'm not convinced with sueza run at the side of eze and let him have a shot ffs! And Anel dodge out the way because he didn't want to spoil his hair do.

To give a bit of balance he is only 22 and already has a lot of experience for his country.

Pre season showed a glimmer of a player that isn’t scared to get forward and have a shot and the recent home game (can’t remember who against) also showed this.

I agree that he didn’t play particularly well against Palac but give the guy a break

Heckingbottom.. what a pile of shit they are you can add trusty to that list as well, and I'm not convinced with sueza run at the side of eze and let him have a shot ffs! And Anel dodge out the way because he didn't want to spoil his hair do.
Hecky no chance yes he was was in charge , but he didn't sign all these players , united world made most signings put no one person will come forward to admit it , they have and are making a right balls up !

He’s terrible. Hopefully we can ship him in summer.

Again, our first signing of the summer.
A player who amidst countless injuries and players having a nightmare of a season, can’t even get in THIS squad.

The fans of the club we signed him from thought he was rubbish based on his performances in the danish league ffs.

Again, our first signing of the summer.
A player who amidst countless injuries and players having a nightmare of a season, can’t even get in THIS squad.

The fans of the club we signed him from thought he was rubbish based on his performances in the danish league ffs.
He only cost about £750k so it's not the end of the world but yes, the chances of him succeeding were spectacularly slim

Good God ! ! What’s gone wrong with our club !? Hecky signed Slimane,Traoré, Larouci. Not convinced about Hamer, Archer etc either

Forgot about him completely to be honest!

I might dig out fans celebrating signing him on here and social media at the time. Not to reply or mock them but just to remind me to never allow myself to get carried away by players you have never seen.

Apparently he is held hostage with a few other blade’s players at Shirecliffe by an unknown sniper. 20 bags of fertiliser is the negotiating price for the release.

He cost less than 1 million which is pocket change in the premier league. Worth a punt. It was the signing of Hamer for 15 million that is a much bigger waste of money. Hamer offers not much more and cost 20x as much

Back
Top Bottom