Slavisa Jokanovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The problem we have is that we have a recent culture.
Our most successful managers have been Bassett, Warnock and Wilder.

They all have one thing in common....that is a strong personality.
They all knew how to galvanise the fans....natural leaders with straight talking passion.

On paper Eddie Howe seems a really good manager but unless we‘re instantly winning I can‘t see many Blades taking to his calm monotone Politician like demeanour. He probably has the knowledge and intelligence to be a top manager but does he have the personality?
I’m just glad I’m not making the decision.

Regards Jokanovic....I’d give him 6 out of 10....probably a decent manager but again not sure he’s a right fit for us.

If we start winning football matches the fans will be galvanised and the manager will be the right man for the job. If we don't, they won't and nor will he be.

They all knew how to galvanise the fans....natural leaders with straight talking passion.

On paper Eddie Howe seems a really good manager but unless we‘re instantly winning I can‘t see many Blades taking to his calm monotone Politician like demeanour. He probably has the knowledge and intelligence to be a top manager but does he have the personality?

Regards Jokanovic....I’d give him 6 out of 10....probably a decent manager but again not sure he’s a right fit for us.
The other things Warnock and Wilder have in common are when it comes to the Premier League they haven't got a clue, last season great but a one off done by players not up to Premier League standard who busted a gut but are not capable of maintaining it consistently. Plus they both have degrees in the Football Managers moaning handbook and constantly try to deflect their poor performance by having a dig at other managers, clubs and officials. Prime example Wilders two winges at Klopp and Liverpool to be quite honest Wilder isn't good enough to lace Klopp's boots. As for Howe's demeanour thank God we don't have listen to Wilder's boring stuttering press conferences any more. Howe definately for me compared to some of the clowns that have been mentioned.

If we start winning football matches the fans will be galvanised and the manager will be the right man for the job. If we don't, they won't and nor will he be.
Yes, the bottom line is that it doesn’t matter how good you are at talking or what your accent is, nobody wants to hear you when you’ve lost five in a row, whatever you say will be “wrong”.

Really shrewd points.

I'm not sure the Prince, as self assured as he is, truly understands being a Blade and what type of appointment local folk will take to.

We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom