Slav Breaks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This comment will go down as one of the most baffling in Sheffield United History

“Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa admitted the board did not have a clear plan of how to approach the future at the time of his appointment and that his departure was part of a change in direction”

Didn’t have a plan so brought in Slav and made him the leagues highest paid manager as a 4 month stop gap until they gave it to the guy who had filled in before him and was still at the club.

This comment will go down as one of the most baffling in Sheffield United History

“Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa admitted the board did not have a clear plan of how to approach the future at the time of his appointment and that his departure was part of a change in direction”

Didn’t have a plan so brought in Slav and made him the leagues highest paid manager as a 4 month stop gap until they gave it to the guy who had filled in before him and was still at the club.
I know

And people defend these guys

In all honesty I was on the princes side until this happened. I do buy into the Newcastle/Saudi “conspiracy” for me it’s the only real explanation for the situation we now find ourselves in

A month or so after Newcastle get taken over the Prince steps out of the limelight and Slav gets the boot before he has even got started.

A month or so after Newcastle get taken over the Prince steps out of the limelight and Slav gets the boot before he has even got started.

Sorry if I I'm missing something glaring here, but how are those things connected?

Sorry if I I'm missing something glaring here, but how are those things connected?

The prince stepping away from the club would also result in no more investment from him, Slav required heavy backing
and was likely promised it so remove him and give it heck to keep it ticking over with bare minimum investment until the club is either sold or whatever the long term plan is.

The prince stepping away from the club would also result in no more investment from him, Slav required heavy backing
and was likely promised it so remove him and give it heck to keep it ticking over with bare minimum investment until the club is either sold or whatever the long term plan is.

I meant the Newcastle Saudi takeover and Prince stepping aside.

We had a plan though. The plan was to spend money on loan signings and hope we could go straight back up.

We had a plan though. The plan was to spend money on loan signings and hope we could go straight back up.

This is a point that a lot of people miss or choose to ignore. I think it’s very likely we were spending well over £100k pw on the 4 loans when all 4 were here. So those 4 and Slavs wages and we are supposed to believe that the long term plan was promote from within etc etc

I know

And people defend these guys

To be fair, at that time they were doing exactly what the fans wanted them to do. There weren’t many on here asking for them to give Heckingbottom the job full time, as I recall

It was always going to end up in tears. Fool's gold. Thankfully we have a puncher's chance to salvage the season.

This is a point that a lot of people miss or choose to ignore. I think it’s very likely we were spending well over £100k pw on the 4 loans when all 4 were here. So those 4 and Slavs wages and we are supposed to believe that the long term plan was promote from within etc etc

It was a punt based on little more than hope. It was clearly unlikely to succeed given our form and squad, but then completely screwed up by our incompetence in the transfer window.

If it went to a fans vote Slav would have 100% got the job. So the board can’t take stick for effectively giving the fans what they wanted if it then goes tits up.

If it went to a fans vote Slav would also have been sacked.

They made the wrong call appointing him and quickly rectified it. Top of the form table over the last 8 justifies their decision entirely.

There’s not always an issue and to stop looking for one is the best solution.

Don’t worry we have the 3 pillars and a 5 year strategy in place now, what can possibly go wrong

He can be as classy as he wants ,the football was shit ,the players didnt like it ,he was ignorant as fuck and his treatment of Basham embarrassing.
Fuck him.

There was rumour that the Prince was told to step aside by those above him at home as Newcastle were to be the only Saudi run club in the country.. a flag barer so to speak
Hold on... So this is accepted fact, is it? Is there any actual in print evidence to this being the case.
I'm not being facetious, it's just that I have not heard this before.

Hold on... So this is accepted fact, is it? Is there any actual in print evidence to this being the case.
I'm not being facetious, it's just that I have not heard this before.
Not at all hence started my post with “there was a rumour”

I just struggle with the timing of events this season. As was mentioned above there was a clear plan with an expensive manger and expensive loans in order to bounce back, then Newcastle get taken over and we change the plan, deny the initial plan was ever a plan.

Slav was huge for us I think, we needed a huge kick up the arse. The players were too comfortable and had no fire, Slav turns up and it's definitely not Wilder and his camaraderie and clear tactics with an occasional "know where we stand" bollocking. Its confusing, they're asked to do things they're not used to and they don't like it, so when Heckingbottom comes in and we go to New recipe Wilderball, there's a sigh of relief and the players all think "fucking hell, didn't realise how good I had it, I'll make sure Hecky is a success".

Another masterstroke by Prince Abdullah 😉

Slav was huge for us I think, we needed a huge kick up the arse. The players were too comfortable and had no fire, Slav turns up and it's definitely not Wilder and his camaraderie and clear tactics with an occasional "know where we stand" bollocking. Its confusing, they're asked to do things they're not used to and they don't like it, so when Heckingbottom comes in and we go to New recipe Wilderball, there's a sigh of relief and the players all think "fucking hell, didn't realise how good I had it, I'll make sure Hecky is a success".

Another masterstroke by Prince Abdullah 😉
When you put it like that

And when you think about it, no wonder we don’t have money available for players when we are paying Slav off and all his cronies that vanished as well.

At least it’s good news that we are starting to see some of the crap that wilder wasted money on starting to be shifted. When we play Middlesbrough the chants got to be One Chrissy Wilder, thanks for two promotions but your signings were shit!

Back
Top Bottom