CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If true, then I'm calling that Blessin couldn't be brought in due to work permit, so they're going short term and out of the options the Jokanovic.
No issue with that at all, although I would love us to use the United World teams to be looking at those who just weren't ready yet so that when SJ moves on, we've a ready made option.

Jokanovic is a born winner when it comes to promotions. That probably means we will be looking at someone completely different.
Alternatively, we're the ideal club to destroy his reputation. :eek:

Seriously though, I believe we have a squad that is the foundation for an immediate return provided we get the right manager. Of all the names I've seen bandied about, this is the one I would put at the top of my list.

If true, then I'm calling that Blessin couldn't be brought in due to work permit, so they're going short term and out of the options the Jokanovic.
No issue with that at all, although I would love us to use the United World teams to be looking at those who just weren't ready yet so that when SJ moves on, we've a ready made option.

The logical move to ensure a succession plan would be to get Blessin in at Beerschot as they only have a young assistant manager currently in charge. This enables Blessin to get another years experience. If it goes pear shaped with SJ then we have a replacement within the United World structure.

The logical move to ensure a succession plan would be to get Blessin in at Beerschot as they only have a young assistant manager currently in charge. This enables Blessin to get another years experience. If it goes pear shaped with SJ then we have a replacement within the United World structure.
Sounds sensible. Never catch on.

You'd have to over pay him for the role, but yeah, I think that actually makes sense and should use some of our money do it, for our long term advantage.

it's a great idea, realistically Jokanovic is a short term manager signing, however i cannot see Blessin moving sideways and waiting in the background without guarantees of becoming manager at utd - he's been linked with a few big jobs in Europe so i'd imagine he'd go with them over us or beerschot

But wouldn’t Jokanovic also need a work permit, and if so, does he meet the criteria?

But wouldn’t Jokanovic also need a work permit, and if so, does he meet the criteria?
Yes, just. If he was wanting to join any English club in January he wouldn't be able to. Probably why he's desperate to get back into a European league, or Championship so he's immediately eligible.

As much as I like the Alexander Blessin appointment as someone new and exciting, Jokanovic is a standout candidate, no question about that. He's in the bracket along with Eddie Howe and David Wagner as top choices, although some may dispute Wagner, but I think he'd be a good candidate also.

Really hope there's some truth to the Jokanovic rumours, Twitter isn't the most reliable of course, but I would expect that the likes of Alan Nixon will be reporting on this soon enough if there's been an approach from the Club.

Wagner is not a top choice. You should have seen how shit that Schalke team were.

Wagner is not a top choice. You should have seen how shit that Schalke team were.
I know he failed at Schalke, but many fans would say how bad that Sheffield United were under Wilder?!

How much was Wagners fault in essence.

I’m not sure if this has been picked up elsewhere, but why do people keep saying Jokanović is a short term appointment? What’s to say he won’t come in, get us up and then keep us up for a few years once the money starts to roll in?

Tends to want more cash, isn't that why he left Watford?

You don't come to Sheffield United for the money. :D

I’m not sure if this has been picked up elsewhere, but why do people keep saying Jokanović is a short term appointment? What’s to say he won’t come in, get us up and then keep us up for a few years once the money starts to roll in?
7 clubs in 14 years. Only ever stayed at a club greater than 2 seasons once, at Fulham where he nearly managed 3 years.

7 clubs in 14 years. Only ever stayed at a club over 20 months once, at Fulham.

Ok, I can see why people might say it then; but sometimes it just clicks for a manager at a club. Who knows, once we’ve got fans back in. If things are heading in the right direction he could end up loving us, and us him. He might see us as being his legacy club. All this is with the mammoth caveat of whether he is appointed or not, of course.

Ok, I can see why people might say it then; but sometimes it just clicks for a manager at a club. Who knows, once we’ve got fans back in. If things are heading in the right direction he could end up loving us, and us him. He might see us as being his legacy club. All this is with the mammoth caveat of whether he is appointed or not, of course.
One thing we have shown with Wilder is our board can work with a manager who is always pushing for better deals and new contracts. That should be a positive as he does seem to get itchy feet.

As an aside, Schalke haven't improved at all since Wagner left: they're currently one of the only sides in European top flight football with a record (almost) as bad as ours:

1618843748398.png

The others are Crotone in Serie A....

1618843784103.png

....Dijon in Ligue 1....
1618843815432.png
....and ADO Den Haag in the Eredivisie
1618843867768.png
As an aside, Verrips is on loan at Emmen who are now unbeaten in 7 (4 wins, 3 draws) having looked absolutely sunk at the end of January.

Whoever is selected whether it be Jokanovic, or Blessin, or Uncle Tom Cobly, I hope he is appointed before the end of the season, ideally later this week or next. However, whoever it is they start their employment by working in the background studying the present players, U23's, getting to know the club without the need to see out the remaining games as manager. Keep Hecky on for those duties. Can you imagine the meltdown if he takes charge of say the remaining 2,3 or 4 games not picking up one single point. The guy would get crucified and he himself would start to question his own ability. Get this season out of the way and start afresh the day after the season ends with a new leader not connected in anyway to this horrendous season.

Sounds very logical in theory although I suspect Blessin may be a bit rich for Beerschot given their recent cost saving activities.

Alan Nixon has some advice...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419_191313_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419_191313_com.android.chrome.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 344

Back
Top Bottom