Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

Wolves are a very good team but we were awful first half. 2nd half, we were good and should've scored at least once, but you can't give teams a two-goal start at any level, much less this level.

Any player that manages to routinely lose his marker at set plays, struggles to complete simple 5-10 yard passes, and has a first touch from hell is always gonna struggle to get any sort of accolades from moi 👀.

Service in not good and has to improve. But so does McGoldenballs !

UTB

He went back to being more bothered about picking a fight with their defenders tonight. Sharp was more effective, the only problem was that Sharp did his good work out wide again, he can’t score out there.

Any player that manages to routinely lose his marker at set plays, struggles to complete simple 5-10 yard passes, and has a first touch from hell is always gonna struggle to get any sort of accolades from moi 👀.

Service in not good and has to improve. But so does McGoldenballs !

UTB

I mean if Sharp could have just passed it 5 yards then McB would have scored, Lundstram too.

That would have been nice wouldnt it. Thankfully you wont be giving Billy accolades anytime soon.

I could have put in an hours overtime this evening, but decided against it to watch the match. I'm fucking fuming.

Too sloppy.
Too many players off the pace.
Too many misplaced passes in midfield.
We constantly slow the play down when attacking. It's so frustrating. Our midfield needs to pull their socks up.
We're going to struggle to score goals again this season and I very much doubt our defence will be as strong.
Only made two substitution?
We looked a lot better with Berge on the pitch
We look so predictable. We had an element of surprise last year but we need to have a plan b.
McBurnie looked a lot fitter
The worrying thing is that Wolves have no played a pre-season game so can;t be match fit. They took their foot off the gas and allowed us to get into the game. They still should have scored more.

Much better 2nd half. Creativity going to be an issue still, but really happy with how Berge looked.

I never want to think about that first half hour again

First half was rank, hopefully a wake up to call as to why hoofing is not the way to go. We were like a BTEC stoke.

We looked better second half. Passing had more purpose but far too reliant on whipping in crosses from the wing. Its way too predictable and easy to defend against if you have mcburnie whipping it into an empty box. The delivery was failing to beat the first man almost every other attempt which is not good for the prem.

we need to find a way to mix our play more and work it through the centre as well. We need more creativity in the centre to link play and create new chances for the team.

Thought we looked like a rabbit in headlights for the first 10/15 minutes, after that looked decent. Norwood/Sharp my MOTM. Berge looked excellent, didn’t put a foot wrong - exciting times. Can’t wait for us to actually have some quality in the final third, it’s so frustrating because imo we were the better overall side.

I mean if Sharp could have just passed it 5 yards then McB would have scored, Lundstram too.

That would have been nice wouldnt it. Thankfully you wont be giving Billy accolades anytime soon.
Wow. What’s that got to do wi it ??

You believe McBurnie is MOM. I believe you must have watched the game with your COVID mask pulled up a bit too high 😉.

UTB

Several players looking nowhere near fit but it was a decent response in the second half which has left me feeling a lot less worried. We were very unlucky not to get a goal back.

Much better after 10 and thank god for that. Seen teams absolutely crumble after conceding 2 in 7 mins.

Berge looked good and assured when he came on. He definitely starts if fit. Just depends if Ampadu eventually takes Norwoods role.

One thing that struck me more than anything. I played centre-half and used to go absolutely nuts if a corner hit the first man after running the length of the pitch. I would hope Egan, JOC and Bash do the same as its infuriating.

Thought we looked like a rabbit in headlights for the first 10/15 minutes, after that looked decent. Norwood/Sharp my MOTM. Berge looked excellent, didn’t put a foot wrong - exciting times. Can’t wait for us to actually have some quality in the final third, it’s so frustrating because imo we were the better overall side.

Despite an improved 2nd half we were far from the better side

Wow. What’s that got to do wi it ??

You believe McBurnie is MOM. I believe you must have watched the game with your COVID mask pulled up a bit too high 😉.

UTB

Because he couldnt lay it off 5 yards for a tap in, just using your rules chief. Save some of those custard/cream pies for yourself

Every time i wonder why i fuck about responding to trolls like you. Ill improve i guess.

Taking the emotion and hyperbole out of it...there's a few things that need addressing. That has to be the least dynamic forward line in the PL. The 'pace and power' mandate was the right one this preseason but it's not been met. No creativity on display at all. Second half better but still didn't threaten and reverted to a few triangles out wide and then putting in a bad cross into a packed box.

Wolves are streets ahead of us. For those that cry '9th last season', that was built on an immensely solid defence, the issues going forward were there last season and thus far haven't been addressed. Realistically I don't see the defence being as strong, certainly not on tonight's evidence. To be fair JOC looked unfit.

This season's keeper is worse than last, we know why, but it is a fact.

Also, what was the point in signing Burke if he doesn't get on the pitch when we're so laboured upfront and desperate for a goal or a change. McGoldrick didn't cut it last season and won't this, in my opinion.

Still time to address the issues, let's hope we do.

Lundstrum is useless! He looks like he's really not interested in playing football. I mean how does Wilder keep him on if we can all see he's been crap?

We need a player to take the game by the throat. Instead we keep doing the SAME SHIT over and over... "and it's out wide to Baldock" do a few triangle passes... lose the ball. Or just Hoofing it up because no midfielder wants to take responsibility. I was very optimistic before, quite worried about our next few games now. We just looked like we couldn't be bothered. Very very poor set pieces and can't seem to get these 2nd balls. Why do we only press teams in like the last 10 mins? And then really press them in last couple of mins? 2-0 after 6 mins!! We shoulda been pressing like that then!!

Oh and if this is what Ramsdale is like.... pfft. Easy saves man!! He was about a mile off his line. Then in 2nd half Wolves shot and he dived about 5 minutes after the ball had already gone out.

We were unlucky not to scored at least 1 there in the second half we won the ball back well high up the pitch and created the now infamous overlaps on the wings a bit better decision making on the final ball or a bit of luck with fleck and Mcburnie and we’re away. Also yeah Berge just oozes class he made a lot of forward passes splitting the midfield or defence when he came on he has an eye for a ball on the floor that no one else in the squad does

Better second half - against a really decent side.

Berge for lundstram, JOC being back and fully fit and a new striker and the 11 looks a lot stronger.

I do think we are crying out for some midfield creativity also though, I’d hope wilder has one last ace up his sleeve. That is what is missing from the squad imo.

Because he couldnt lay it off 5 yards for a tap in, just using your rules chief. Save some of those custard/cream pies for yourself

Every time i wonder why i fuck about responding to trolls like you. Ill improve i guess.
I won’t hold mi breath 😀.

UTB

Oh come on pal they where technically better everywhere and on another day could have scored 5
( we could have had 2) our defence looked poor tonight especially down the middle

One of my biggest frustrations watching that was with Baldock's crossing. Time after time he gets the ball fed in front of him out wide and he just seems to hesitate on playing the cross, giving the defender time to get back to him and get the block in.

Back
Top Bottom