Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

Looking at the matches today and tomorrow has made me realise I can’t work out who I want to win, and sport without caring who wins is never very interesting. Some are easy, for the usual prejudices - want Leeds to lose, naturally, West Ham to lose, never sorry at the moment to see Newcastle and Villa lose. But apart from that, where do our interests lie? For most of last season, for reasons of pessimism, I wanted the big 6 to win, to help us avoid relegation. It went against the grain wanting Man City, Arsenal, etc., to win, but I suspect I will feel the same for a few weeks again. But when we have got to 40 points...

Looking at the matches today and tomorrow has made me realise I can’t work out who I want to win, and sport without caring who wins is never very interesting. Some are easy, for the usual prejudices - want Leeds to lose, naturally, West Ham to lose, never sorry at the moment to see Newcastle and Villa lose. But apart from that, where do our interests lie? For most of last season, for reasons of pessimism, I wanted the big 6 to win, to help us avoid relegation. It went against the grain wanting Man City, Arsenal, etc., to win, but I suspect I will feel the same for a few weeks again. But when we have got to 40 points...
Every other game needs to be a draw. Draws are shit

Will be a tough one against Portugal B for sure.Really interested to see if one of the new guys perhaps gets the nod in the starting xi?

Last season I think we surprised everybody and I am looking forward to see how we fare in this opening game.Love the transfers we have made and now time to get it on.

UTB

No idea who's making the bench unlike last season, which I guess is only a good thing.

Wes, Bogle, Ampadu, Osborn, Berge/Lunny, McGoldrick, Moose?

Starting 11? I reckon

Rambo

Stevens
JOC
Egan
Basham
Baldock

Fleck
Norwood
Berge (If Fit)

Sharp
McBurnie

Great to have a choice of Subs that offer something different if required. Improved the quality of Squad Depth was Wilder’s aim during this Transfer Window and they’ve certainly achieved that

Starting 11? I reckon

Rambo

Stevens
JOC
Egan
Basham
Baldock

Fleck
Norwood
Berge (If Fit)

Sharp
McBurnie

Great to have a choice of Subs that offer something different if required. Improved the quality of Squad Depth was Wilder’s aim during this Transfer Window and they’ve certainly achieved that

Sharp won't start

Anyone searching for a soooky surreal omen, I just noticed this with my hula hoops.

5C526FFC-3411-46AC-B8E6-6E77E6443DED.jpeg

I just cant wait to see the lads back in a competitive match. Tough, I like Wolves, but should be a decent barometer of what we can expect this year.

Difficult to call as we know how good Wolves can be, however they’ve had no pre-season and some players seem to be out.
To counter that, we seem to take a few games to get upto speed and question marks over JoC.

I’m going for Moose and McBernie to start, with Burke/McGoldrick set to replace them if/when needed.

Billy to not make the bench🤯.

Do wonder how good Wolves will be with neither of their starting wing backs from last season. Vinagre/Marcal + Traore/Buur

We did not function very well in the virus lge when it was hot (weather),the Wolves game an exception were'nt it laggin it down that day.

Guess what its going to be exceptionally warm/hot (26 to 30) on Monday,might just be cooling a bit by 6pm.

So because of that i think Wolves will beat us

I read the other day it was on Pick TV now no mention of it anywhere?
Yeah exactly, what's going on with Pick coverage? Official website said it was on Pick. I've just checked on my TV and still not showing as being on there.

Yeah exactly, what's going on with Pick coverage? Official website said it was on Pick. I've just checked on my TV and still not showing as being on there.

it’s been moved to Sky Main Event and Premier League.

I will happily Take a point and get off to the same start as last season.

Back
Top Bottom